What are the most annoying misconceptions about development/tech you see depicted in movies

What are the most annoying misconceptions about development/tech you see depicted in movies

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Black_Mirror_episodes#Series_4_(2017)
youtube.com/watch?v=8FdvWuSl7eY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Hacking

user interfaces

Hacking the user interfaces

In visual basic

gooey

Everything

hackers are:

fat people
anarchist people
weird people
unhealthy, unfit people

There are chad fit social aware programmers.

there are dozens of us. dozens.

Stealing pussies. It's a red fucking line.

So, did this guy die? Is he stuck in that universe forever? Can he ever be pulled out??

I wish I was stuck in some qts game so he could fug me for all eternity.

I'm so lonely.

Well it's likely to be hosted on his own equipment (that still connects to the auto update channel for some reason) so they'll probably find his body and eventually disconnect all of his hardware leaving him as a vegetable.

but they have no genitals

The virgin CTO vs. the chad CEO

If he went through the wormhole would he be stuck there forever?

Fake typing is the worst

He was a developer, he could make them if he wanted. I could finally have a phat butt and a poonany.

this

honestly. that whole episode was not only fully ridiculous it was extremely bigoted.

jesus fucking christ. literally the most tech illiterate complete shitfest ever.

so far S4 of black mirror is just tech illiterate garbage written by women. It has to be.

The writers of these episodes are men actually.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Black_Mirror_episodes#Series_4_(2017)
>Charlie Brooker & William Bridges

sad

>le hack duh console xDDD

Fuck off, I am very worried for season 4.

it would be extremely painful

None of the tech guys ever have an anime wallpaper. Realistically, all of them would.

Are you saying that movies depict programmers as chads or as fat people inaccurately?

Am I the only one that noticed that all the women in this season were super awesome? Easily overpower larger men and super great at everything? I liked the themes of digitized human consciousness that seems to dominate this season...but it reaks of desperate feminism.

even had that whole, single mom thing in ep 2 to really just subtly push it

tbqh this scene motivated me to get into programming, I wanted to be cool

youtube.com/watch?v=8FdvWuSl7eY

Or in the first episode, the pajeet that knows the game code backwards and forwards is outhacked in 5 minutes by the lady temp who's DNA was stolen on the first day at the job.

SHE'S NOT A MARY SUE, YOU'RE A BIGOT THAT'S AFRAID OF STRONG WIMMENZ!

literally nothing about that epsiode was sane though to be fair.

legit none of it. some fucking autismo cunt reversed engineered DNA and can fucking interpret it into creating perfect copies of people who magically also have memories of things they never even experienced?

the whole fucking just. holy fucking shit. it was full retard.

also it's 20xx something, don't you think computer people would be using mandatory access control mechanisms to prevent their dumb games from "hacking" the cloud and phoning up thots? like. for real.

I legit. holy fucking shit. worst fucking episode by far. also I'm convinced that's how women see autismo's as

The moment the 140 character length for messages was uttered, I gave up and knew this shit was full normie, then the ipads everywhere confirmed it. Oh looks a raspberry pi! I bet that's for hackers cause that's totally hardcore hacking tech!

Yeah but he has no freinds and family and the office was closed for 10 days so the chances are he starved to death or died of thirst before they would even notice he was in trouble.

True. I was really just thinking about the 'stuck forever' part. It all depends on the hardware being connected so everyone left behind, including him will eventually 'die' when they clear out his apartment.

which is retared in it of itself.

what the fuck garbage ass shit is this that some fucking buttlord NPCs can somehow hack the universe and basically kill you? it was lame city and made no technical sense

There is no way in hell there wouldn't be some sort of failsafe for this device, like an auto-shutdown timer, or a user required continuation every couple hours.

The lame technobabble about firewalls and shit was less coherent than star trek tier. I was visibly sighing wishing they had hired a competent technical advisor for this episode.

>it's this easy to get literally killed irl with the video game
this shit should be illegal
one glitch and the game locks you in, no safeguards

>netflix
TV written by marxists always sucks though

>this shit should be illegal
fully automatic weapons and crack cocaine are illegal