Do you have it Sup Forums?

Do you have it Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2397020/
webmd.com/pain-management/carpal-tunnel/news/20070216/carpal-tunnel-blame-genes-not-overuse#1
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

No, because I know how to take care of my wrist.

No but im feeling a little pain so i might have the onset. Uow do i avoid getting it

I got hand weakness after riding a bike once. Couldn't feel my pinky and half of my ring finger. Hand was weak. I could barely hold a claw shape hard enough to scratch my butt. The condition went away after a few days.

carpal tunnel syndrome is another modern made up desease. that is to say, it's all in your head. humans have been doing hard hand work for past 6000 years and nobody's complained about it til now and God would never have created us with such a flaw as this

Stop masturbating faggot

No, but I can crack my mouse arm's wrist something awful when I've been on the computer a while

No but I've got some form of RSI. Muscle relaxers help when it gets bad

That strengthens your hand, actually. I once talked to a gym guy about it.

>got exceedingly drunk one night at a party
>next day forearm and wrist are sore and weak
>assume I fell over or some shit
>bad enough to justify going to the doctors
>doc pokes and prods
>"nah its just carpal tunnel"
Managed to get a med cert and took the rest of the week off on sick leave. Sucked though because I had do mouse with my left hand. Crops up once every few months, no big deal, but still not fun. 2/10 avoid.

How did you get it?

IDK, just mousing every day for ~12 years and shitty posture I guess.

not gonna lie, this is one of my deepest fears

No wonder my left hand is fine while the right has issues.

I think so, it seems to come and go without cause but occasionally my wrist will be very sensitive, doing push-ups or something when it's in this state hurts like a bitch.

so did you jerk him off then?

keep a low sens on mouse

i did had so i had to use the mouse upside down

the the syndrome left again

Somehow, no
Maybe has to do with me also being a musician

from being a tripfag. dont be a tripfag

But how did you get it in relation to the position of your arm and hand?
I reckon it's caused by pressure on the wrist, or is it from pressure on the base of the palm of the hand?
When I use a mouse my wrist almost never touches the desk because my elbow and arm muscles resting on the desk act as fulcrum and lever and keep my hand up.
Will this save me?

Yes. Broke my wrist when I was a kid, parents thought it was only sprained so I never saw a doctor. It healed incorrectly, and I later got severe pain in it when performing certain movements.

cubital tunnel

I get pains in my wrists from time to time but not often.

Should I worry?
How do I prevent it getting worse?

That's your ulnar nerve, carpal tunnel affects the median nerve.

Carpal tunnel syndrome doesn't typically manifest as wrist pain (it can be there, but not usually), but rather as shooting pain/numbness/tingling in the thumb/index/middle fingers. If you -did- have carpal tunnel, then you can use a splint, or get steroid injections, but neither of those really fix it in the long term. Basically it's a matter of living with it long enough until it becomes a problem, then getting it surgically released (you cut the transverse carpal ligament, and there's nothing left that can possibly compress the median nerve). Easy 15 min procedure, minimal complication rates, and a definitive fix.

Sometimes I have limited dexterity in one of my hands after working more with computers or hand writing for hours. Is that the carpal tunnel syndrome?

not sure if working out regularly helps to counter that pussy weakness, but i'm sitting up to 20/7 in front of keyboard/mouse/notebook i don't have any issues with my wrists

No, but I did once get an inflammation of the thumb tendon. Hurt absolutely like crazy, couldn't even type with that hand because just moving the hand around put load on the tendon. Had it for two weeks before seeking a doctor, got medicine for it and it subsided in another week.

4chins is almost the only thing I regularly use a mouse for anyway. As for browsing, the majority of other sites work just fine with Vimium, and I do almost nothing else mouse-related.

I used to have this soreness in my index finger, especially the tip. It still makes a popping sound when I extend and contract my fingers, although no more pain.
I switched to using a wacom tablet instead of a mouse soon after and now it's getting better.
Should I get it checked out or will it go away on its own?

>He doesn't use his non dominate hand to rub his balls

Pleb tier masturbating

Thankfully not, but I pay attention to keep my wrists in neutral and relaxed position while using the computer and I don't apply any pressure on the wrist itself.

not sure i get wrist aches and my pinky and ring finger go ice cold when i'm on a computer for a while though. Nothing a bit of shaking wont sort out though

Yes, I fucking hate it but at least it hasn't gotten worse. While it's true that frequent stretching and posture make a difference, it mostly comes down to genetics.
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2397020/
>"A study of 4488 individuals recruited from the St Thomas' UK adult twin registry found genetic predisposition to be the single strongest factor in predicting the development of the syndrome."
webmd.com/pain-management/carpal-tunnel/news/20070216/carpal-tunnel-blame-genes-not-overuse#1
>"The scientific support for the concept [that carpal tunnel is caused by overuse] is, on average, relatively weak," he says. "The major risk factor for carpal tunnel is genetic."