Sqt stupid questions thread

sqt stupid questions thread

I'll start: on this shitbox old laptop I've got a folder of cool videos I could play in a YouTube live stream as a radiotelevision sort of thing.

Problem is pointing an ffmpeg to youtube rtmp cripples the hell out of said shitbox laptop.

So the question would be
>How would you stream to a rtmp server as a background process on a low spec laptop

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/looca1/chunker
mywiki.wooledge.org/BashGuide
duckduckgo.com/html/?q=blender
amazon.com/gp/product/B00A2E1MQA/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Think you could use a dedicated machine for this?
Like use another computer for daily tasks and shoot the stream on the slow laptop?

Where do I start learning basic programing concepts?
Eventually I want to end up using C.
I'm just a hobbyist whose daily job is medicine.

Figure out a problem you could solve with a small program or script.

From then on it's just deciding on the most efficient language to do so and following documentation.

My end goal is being able to use something called SGDK and that requires knowledge of C.
Now I can learn syntax and structure but how do I learn the approach or should I say logic behind a problem?

Also any recommendation on C books that pleb like me can grasp?

(Checked)

Trial and error.
Unit tests seem useful but ain't got energy to learn that approach yet.

Might work for you.

Also keep focused, avoid burning out on a subset of a subset of a subset of a subset of a subset of a subset of a subset of a subset

of a problem. Write down what you have to do and unless you solve it write down any subproblems you encounter.

I've made this for the exact same purpose.
github.com/looca1/chunker

subnetting w/ packet tracer

I have like 9 workgroups with 14 hosts. With the +2 addresses (network & broadcast), last 4 bits or a subnet with 16 hosts would suit me, right? So I divide them into 16s with mask 255.255.255.240, assign IPs from x.x.x.1 to x.x.x.14 to the hosts. What do I assign as the IP of the eth interface on the router? NA and BA can't be used I think and if I assign any other, wouldn't they clash? should I divide them into subnets with 32 hosts (255.255.255.224)?

Alright,thanks for your help

Since I started using Sup Forums X to get round notmoots mining / botnet or whatever, I've had to use this captcha with checkboxes then copy & paste the key in a really roundabout way.

See the webm. Is this how it's meant to work or have I got it setup wrong?

how can i get better ping to overseas servers?
what kind of VPNs improve ping from Europe to Asia or America?

Forgot webm.

>how can i get better ping to overseas servers?
You usually don't. Best you can do is select which overseas server you want to play (some games allow you to choose from west or east coast on US servers).
>what kind of VPNs improve ping from Europe to Asia or America?
If anything VPNs will make your ping worse.

try pressing submit when it shows the code to copy?

Sup Forums-x is supposed to be automating that part

what if the VPN has better routing to the server i connect to than my actual IP ?
also does WTFast and similar programs work?

are you using greasemonkey? it doesn't support running scripts in frames (even though someone has pretty much contributed a fix for the author, it's still missing after months) so maybe the captcha automation isn't working because of that

violentmonkey is a good alternative to it, there's also tampermonkey but it's closed-source with analytics on by default

Tried it, says "No valid captcha".

Yes using greasemonkey atm. I'll have a look at the others cheers.

OK switched to violentmonkey and it submits the captcha without the copy & paste step. Thanks!

Is it possible to remove a hd from a computer, put it on a hdd enclosure and boot from it (usb) without bad consequences?

-like every network-over-network and protocol-over-protocol solution using VPN has overhead
-the link from your computer has to travel to your VPN server first then to the target computer next. I can hardly imagine a situation when this is "shorter" than a direct route to the target PC

yes, you can do that

if i create a password protected winrar will i be able to also put files in to update it or will i only be able to take files out?

Just download winrar and try it? Takes less than 1-2 minutes.

sorry but im
>t. phoneposter

Okay I have a problem that's been pissing me off for a while.

For uni reasons I got a new budget laptop, Lenovo V110 ISK.
Specs: i3-6006U, 4GB DDR4 and Radeon R5 M430 2GB, Windows 10

It is unreasonable slow imo. I have problem loading fucking Firefox and Paint.NET and I can't troubleshoot it properly. Also whenever I want to do some gaming there is no luck, as even Hearsthstone freezes.

I think at least the game problem could be due to not properly switching between the GPUs, because apparently the laptop is supposed to decide alone when to use the intel HD and when to use the Radeon, but about others I don't know.

Anyone got any ideas?

personally id install a simple and debloated win7 and install only the necessary shit with no background processes and other crap
an ssd also migh help if you dont have
thats what i do to all the old laptops im giving away and those people can use them for everyday tasks without too much hassle
also ff is a lagfest even on my i7
get chrome and get rid of that cancer

also check in power options if uve underclocked your processor (proly not though)

You can try to not install the Intel HD drivers for the APU.

how to make hover over image and quotes static like on vanilla Sup Forums.

Yes, but use 7zip instead.

Except I tried installing w7 and the laptop kept rejecting it. According to a buddy, newer laptops might be supposed to reject anything below w8 and it's fucking absurd.

I need a good backpack lads. Something at decent price with decent amount of space. Will mostly be carrying a 10 inch tablet and some vape stuff from and to work. Occasionally a laptop once I acquire a Thinkpad or something small and compact.

im trying to watch/stream a video (MP4) on mega.nz, but for some reason at random times it comes up and says 'oops something went wrong'

im guessing its some kind of flash compatibility? do i need some kind of plugin or something? i have no idea

Your buddy is wrong. You can install w7. Just troubleshoot the fucking issue, retard.

What's a good Android music player that allows me to exclude folders from being scanned?

>but use 7zip instead
reasons? really asking here..not trolling
i dont really care about 3 letter "companies"

dont really know about player but if you reaname the "folder" into ".folder" in the file explorer things from that folder dont appear into apps (album etc)

what stops you from downloading the video and watching it locally?

But I still need it to appear, just not in my music player. I tried doing it with Blackplayer, but couldn't figure anything out.

Naked browser alternative for PC?
just a browser that uses as little ram, cpu and battery as possible, even if it means looking like shit and having barely any features.

ive been using this version (WINDOWS 7 ALL IN ONE PRE-ACTIVATED(EXCELLENT) ) with
WinUSB Maker
for years in plenty of machines (budget and not) with 0 issues and can update with no worries

i say you try once more, just use a x64 during install

appear where?
if you do what i told you, you can still browse those files in the file explorer, they just wont appear in music/photos apps

Never mind, I downloaded BlackPlayer again and it seems to do it by default now.

Recommend me a laptop
>13" screen
>1080p Display
>8gb RAM
>i5
>Not an Dell or Apple
>$800
What are my options?

How do arrays work? I've been learning C with K&R but the arrays chapter doesn't explain shit. What does ndigit[i] = 0; do when run 10 times in a for loop incrementing i by one each time? What does ++ndigit[c-'0']; do in an if statement?

I use one of my two monitors for my PS3. How do I get windows to automatically change primary monitors when I switch the source of the main one to the PS3?

stick with 4 bits, and just assign hosts .2 to .15

t.lazy it dude

is there some chink external gpu to usb c / thunderbolt adapter with a way to power it other than using a full psu. Seems like it defeats the purpose when theres no power adapter

an array is a box in the memory. memory is stored in binary like harddrives, at the base level its either a 1 or 0. This is base 2.
every day we use base 10 for the numbers 0 though 9.
In computers we work higher up than binary in base 16 known as hexadecimal. like 9A FF 02.
These are what is stored in a single memory address. char a; can store a single hex value. as you can see in pic related 'a' Is actually the number 97.
char somethign = 'a'; actually stores a 97 at that memory address.
A is meaningless on its on. to say something like "apple" you will need 5 memory addresses plus a 6ths to store a terminating character '\0'
char vegetable[5] = "apple\0"

In the part of your question, ndigit[i], while in a loop i will indicate the position in the array.
i = 3;
vegetable[i];
the value pointed to is a 'p', because p is the third letter in the string make sense?

as for the other thing I dont fucking know.
also the shit I typed probably wont compile. I havnt coded for about a decade and dont really know what Im talking about at this point.

Open source, lighter, faster, more formats supported, better UI, no shilling for any paid version.

yes but it needs to be supplied with adequate power. Youre not going to power a 3.5" drive off of usb.

I want to "downgrade" my W10. How can I do it?

Reinstall and then just not update?

Can I use whatsapp desktop/web client without it needing a constant connection to my phone?
I know how to use an emulator, but I specifically want to use the more lightweight official client if possible

My phone won't charge while turned on anymore. Is there a way to access the usb menu without plugging it to a pc? (an old kitkat phone)

Dear /sqt/.

I need to send my family archival photos. What service would be best and safest for that? They would weight 500mb at best. MEGA seems promising but wont cloud service mean that photos in question will start going around the net?

Thanks for any help.

.15 is the broadcast address, you can't assign a host to it.

>Go to download Rimworld ILLEGALLY
>Get absolutely wrecked by russian malware bomb
>System Restore disabled
>Fresh Start disabled
>Literally zero way to do any kind of system restore
>direct command prompts fail to run system restore

How is it even possible that windows can allow this kind of attack to happen?

What do you do when even a hard factory reset isn't an option?

Use pcgames-download.com next time dumbass.

>MEGA seems promising but wont cloud service mean that photos in question will start going around the net?
cloud is just a buzzword for servers, mega doesn't automagically make your things public unless you post the link somewhere

it should be fine

Okay then, into MEGA it goes. Somehow sound more trustworthy than Google Drive.

what's the cheapest way to watch downloaded films and softsubbed anime on my telly?

I've used Plex but I'd prefer a solution that doesn't involve requiring the computer to be on i.e put media on usb, plug usb into [thing] and it just werks

Anyone else having a problem with Youtube videos randomly having sound stop, video keeps going, but video is slow/jittery?

Don't know if this is the right thread for this, but I want to buy a new desktop but I don't know what to buy. I don't really know shit about computers but I want something with a decent price that maybe I could upgrade over the years instead of having to buy a new one.

Where do I start?

I guess making a webm of something is easier than clicking on the settings these days.

Try /pcbg/ on this board. They are really helpful on green builders.

grep -ril $(for i in `ls`; do echo $i | cut -d '.' -f 1; done)

why is grep reading each entry in my loop as a directory instead of the pattern I'm looking for

Alright, so... I was using MIT-Scheme compiler but I've probably fucked up something and now I get several errors when trying to declare a variable or define a function. I've tried reinstalling it - yes, I'm not that dumb, I've deleted /usr/bin/scheme and /usr/local/lib/mit-scheme-x86-64 but it doesn't seem to fix it.

I'll do that.

what the fuck.

because of the -r but this is literal garbage.

have you even heard of globbing or the find binary?

Forgot to complete the sentence ", how do I fix this shit?"

If I wasn't tired of troubleshooting and I had any fucking clue how to solve it, I wouldn't be here now, would I?

Alrighty just tried and no it didn't work. It gave me the same problem that "No device was found" and asked me to insert one so it can install despite having the USB plugged in.

Before further suggestions:
-Yes, I did retry to do the flash drive
-Yes, I tried a different port
-No, I don't have an optical drive to try via CD

not at all, I just started using linux a week ago

You sure it isn't taking the first item as the pattern and the rest as files to search? What are you trying to do?

well if you want single depth grep check. literally

grep -il PAT *

or if you don't want directory warnings

find -maxdepth 1 -type f -exec grep -il PAT {} +

also I'd recommend you read mywiki.wooledge.org/BashGuide or at least look through the FAQ as it describes how to solve common shell questions.

what exactly is this setting?

you may be right I just assumed there was an error in the loop where it omits the first option.
>what are you trying to do
I'm trying to find out how many scripts call an individual script in the directory. when I do grep -ril name_of_file it works perfectly but there's 500 entries so I want to automate it

Thanks I'll test them and see how it works and then read the wiki

Does contravariant functor can be considered as monoid objects in the category of copresheaves? Why?

my last suggestions are
maybe you didnt make the usb bootable (it looks like pic related)
through bios options make the usb 1st in order of boot
try another usb stick

did you use the windows version i told you and made the usb bootable with winusb maker?

i don't wanna disable hover i wanna make static and i didn't see how to do this in settings.

Preparing myself for a CS job but have 0 knowledge programming. How do I best optimise my time between now and the job to look the most competent?

duckduckgo.com/html/?q=blender

What the fuck happened? is the duck dying? I get no search results with almost everything I try to search.

I'm trying to have a dual monitor set up going, but I seem to have only one DVI port on my computer and want to know if there is a splitter cable I can use to hook up two monitors and have two different screens running at the same time.

My laptop turns off right after turning on (some times it stays turned on for awhile) and there's a click sound like it is overheating. Which might be the causes? Is removing the battery a 'solution' for one of these causes (i removed the battery and it didn't turn off yet, i dont know if thats random)?

>i don't wanna disable hover
Oh I saw the filename and thought you wanted to disable hover. There is no way to disable what you're asking for unless you alter the code and I don't think anyone has bothered with this.

when I fist clicked on your link, it worked just fine. Before I wrote this post I clicked on it again, it didn't work, just as you described. Guess its some temporary issue.
If you have twitter go ask the duckdevs.

which one to study??

1)full-stack web dev
2)Android app dev
3)front-end web designer
4)data analysis

the one you're interested in

That's sad, it the only reason i don't wanna use 4chanX.

5)embedded master race

To add to my question, would an item like this allow me to connect two monitors to my system?

amazon.com/gp/product/B00A2E1MQA/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

What's a Sup Forums approved media player for Music?

Foobar
Read the fucking sticky

What device would be able to handle 4k 120hz and x265 10bit content?(rasp 3?)
Im looking to make a small media server(kodi or plex)

>rasp 3
HAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHH

MiniPCs made by Intel and AMD should be.

And a GPU that supports hardware accelerating HEVC

Hello sqt, I am in the market for a new home router. My current POS ancient router isn't compatible with DD-WRT. OpenWRT, or the other custom firmware projects. I want to use one of these on my new router.

My question is: which of these custom firmware projects is the best right now? Last I checked, DD-WRT was the best, but that was a long time ago.

>Read the fucking sticky
I'm so sorry, I hate when people come to my main board and post stupid stuff w/o reading the sticky. Thanks though.

>reformatting a win10 desktop with two HDDs
>trying to install LTSB
Is it required to reformat both hard disks or just the one that will contain the OS? Is it safe to use the secondary hard disk to store all the files I want to keep if the new setup will be using the same file system?