What is causing DRAM prices to skyrocket?

I don't know if Sup Forums has noticed but the price of DRAM just keeps getting higher and higher, at this rate OP will need to remortgage their house for an upgrade.

What is causing the increase? Is it due to the larger demand or is it deeper than that?

Jews

Hahaha. Funny meme, sir. Mind if I save it? :P

Authorities have already notices investigations are already happening.
This is the second time this is happening and we know for a fact that is intentional cartel like working of the memory industry.

If you are a manufacturer, and you notice that when you compare websites from 10 years ago to now it seems as if the amount of visible elements is the same yet the RAM and CPU is being sucked 100 times more, you will conclude that websites are being coded by retarded idiots parallel to browsers turning into memory leak bugged shit with shit interpreters,
so you will jack up prices as a logical monetary move.

Nice shitposting faggot, I don't see you making any OC

Please, don't tell me you made that shit, lad.

Not OP, but stop getting angry that someone made a meme, you tryhard.

This is just good for you, faggot. Back in my days, we still paid more than that for 128 MB RAM. If the end of Moore's law means that programmers can't just be lazy and expect hardware development to take up their slack, I welcome it.

>meme means an image with text on it

Truer words have ne'er been spoken. If I were a RAM manufacturer, I'd jack up prices just to take revenge on retard programmers misusing my products.

Suppliers are price fixing. Simple.

Will ramlets ever learn?

This, There used to be a list of excuses on why RAM was going up but at this point it's just outright price fixing.
There was a fire at a Samsung factory, ok that's been fixed by now
There was a power outage and 50k wafers was lost
Oh no, mobile DRAM is needed more time to fuck PC users
Right now Samsung is going to open more factories because the shortage they created is making too much profit for there "competitors" this comes right at the start of china building factories to make there own NAND and DRAM and the start of a investigation by china on price fixing

Woah! Such a discovery! No one noticed it before, sir you are a genius! Sticky this!

i make no money if ram cheap. ram must be high. i need money. thjank yopu.

>misusing the word "meme"

lurk moar newfag

lol

WHERE

Back in October of 2016.

We have this thread every day.

>I don't know if Sup Forums has noticed but
It's called being satirical

Dear god, I am so glad to bought 32gigs back in october.

Currently planning to build a home NAS, I was kinda surprised at the ram prices.

Jews gonna jew.

>bought his RAM last year
Get on my level, it was already double when I had to buy another 32 GB.

It's almost back to what I paid in late 2014 although it'd be something like £230 with inflation.