Are you ready for 2018, YEAR OF AMD Sup Forums?

Are you ready for 2018, YEAR OF AMD Sup Forums?
Sure we had ups and downs. But now its time for Intel and Nvidia to realize they chose a fight with wrong guys.
Ryzen is already the best CPU on the market.
Nvidia will be destroyed soon, so far we win in crypto market tho.

Fuck off, false-flagging macaco.

give me a NUC-sized ryzen APU for a reasonable price and I'll buy it.

>we win in the crypto market

It's a company you moron, they don't give a fuck about you, they only care about your money

Let's hope ryzen improves and keeps challenging intel and maybe amd earns enough cash to make a new gpu architecture to replace the failure that has been gcn lately. Extrem powerful and efficient cards, but because their architecture is not suited for most APIs they overclock theit shit to match some lower tier nvidia cards. It's a fucking mess, they need a new architecture asap otherwise we'll all pay nvidia bigger margins than iToddlers pay apple.

Waiting for Ryzen+ to release to jump into the bandwagon.

Though Intel are going to be releasing the rest of the Canon Lake line at about the same time so will see what they have on offer.

this is the year of AMD if they don't survive 2018 it's goodbye forever

one of these or a ryzen compute stick.

With refresh vega? Lol

>Ryzen is already the best CPU on the market.
stopped reading here

>Nvidia will be destroyed soon
Dude I like AMD a lot and all, but be realistic. Vega still has nothing to compete with a 1080Ti.
Zen still doesn't compete with Intel in single-thread performance.
The only reason AMD is still in the market is that they have a solid price to performance ratio.
And even with that they barely make a dent in enterprise.

considering upgrading my CPU (currently A10 5800k) is there a new wave planned for next year?

But also wondering, i have 4 cores, with 3.something GHz, so does the new ryzen 1700, but it costs 300€ and the mobos for it also start at 120+. Meanwhile the last gen cpu+mobo combo is

Ryzen 7 series has 8 cores and 16 threads, you're supposed to overclock to get around ~4GHz.
Wait for Ryzen+, or it might be Ryzen 2 coming out in February.

It won't be Ryzen 2, it'll be Ryzen+. It's their tick.

>Ryzen is already the best CPU on the market.
But it isn't.
If it was they would have more than 10% market share.

Umm, they survived Bulldozer, they'll be fine.

Ah, here he(?) is!

Ryzen 2000 series. That's what he meant.
>Vega still has nothing to compete with a 1080Ti.
That's what they get for launching something unfinished.
>It's a fucking mess, they need a new architecture asap
It's called Vega.
So new they are still writing shader compiler and PALs for it.

I unironically want AMD to knock it out of the park so I can finally give an AMD system a shot. I’ve been Intel+Nvidia since the beginning.

>I’ve been Intel+Nvidia since the beginning.
Even during K7/K8 days?
I'm so fucking glad for the concept of "value CPU" being finally back.

>concept of "value CPU"
You mean like an i3-8350k quad core with a default clock of 4GHz for $160

Shoo shoo tripshit.

Being this much of a corelet in 2018
when the lowest of the low tier ryzen is a 4/8 easily clockable to 4GHz for 100 bucks.

>when the lowest of the low tier ryzen is a 4/8
It's 4/4.
Though iGPUless 4/4s are probably going the way of dodo with 2000 series.

>4ghz

Stahp. Just use the stock cooler and do 3.7/3.8.

>Nvidia will be destroyed soon
Look at how many cards they sold at their insanely inflated prices. They have near-endless capital now. And the money just keeps flowing.

AMD on the other hand was just barely saved by Ryzen.

AMD doesn't have that sort of money to invest into creating new graphics architectures and will continue to lag behind Nvidia for years.

This sucks, dear user, but it's how it is.

>Look at how many cards they sold at their insanely inflated prices. They have near-endless capital now. And the money just keeps flowing.
Money is nothing, just look at Intel.
>AMD on the other hand was just barely saved by Ryzen.
Console wins "barely saved" AMD. Zen brought profits.
>AMD doesn't have that sort of money to invest into creating new graphics architectures and will continue to lag behind Nvidia for years.
ATi made R300 out of scrap metal, coke and peanuts.

>implying that consumer sales is where the money is

AMD are making good money from custom designs that have gone into the consoles and selling EPYC into a range of places

>implying that consumer sales is where the money is
It's the only place where nVidia reliably makes money.

>It's called Vega.
>So new they are still writing shader compiler and PALs for it.
Vega is GCN 5, it's still the same architecture that is unable to reach the real world performance the pure calculation power of the cards should have. Only API in which AMD can utilize their cards properly is Vulkan, but it's not commonly used. The literally had to create their own rendering system (Mantle, which became Vulkan) so that there is at least one system in existence which utilize their cards. It's a fucking mess, there won't be any magic driver coming that's gonna improve that. Hell, a 580 should almost match a 1070 if they could utilize it's performance. But they can't and no wonder, gcn is fucking old and amd has put all their money in Zen. Amd is literally selling cards that are designed for graphics APIs that weren't even around so they had to create their own which even ends up mostly unused.

>Vega is GCN 5
Then why shouldn't I call Paxwell Fermi 3.0 (because that's what it is).
>Only API in which AMD can utilize their cards properly is Vulkan, but it's not commonly used.
?
>The literally had to create their own rendering system (Mantle, which became Vulkan) so that there is at least one system in existence which utilize their cards.
They created Mantle to push moarcoarz in gaymen, dumbo.
>It's a fucking mess
No shit.
> there won't be any magic driver coming that's gonna improve that
They are literally still writing a shader compiler.
At least NGG toggles are there.
>Hell, a 580 should almost match a 1070 if they could utilize it's performance.
Oh boy this meme again. Shader math =/= GPU performance.
1070 is significanly more powerful in geometry, raster (and it's not doing unneeded work).
>But they can't and no wonder, gcn is fucking old and amd has put all their money in Zen.
You can design GPU uArch from scrap metal.
It's design optimization (think clocking something higj) execution and proper lineup rollouts that cost money.

>just wait
literally the AMD motto

Ryzen is here and now.
EPYC is here and now if you're BBC 7+1 player.
GPUs are here if you're Apple.

>ryzen + vega mining stick

waiting for ryzen refresh and 2050ti in 2018...best of both worlds

People seem to forget that Zen came to compete first with Intel Gen 6 and 7, and against then it was competitive in single thread performance.
Yes, is still behind, but achieved it's objective to be "good enough" by march 2017. The priority for Zen 1 was enter the server market with a new low power nod process. It wasn't ideal, a lot of things still need optimization. Zen+ with higher clocks, improved IPC, improved IF, will again offer good competition for Intel Gen 8. How much we still don't know, but things can only go wrong at this point if AMD really wants and try hart to ruin everything.

2050ti? That's a bit low ball isn't it?

>Sup Forums confirms AMD dead and bankrupt every year since 2007
>Zen is "confirmed" as a flop by Sup Forums's jewish overlords
>AMD goes into the black for the first time in a decade posting record profits and basically eliminating their debt
>Sup Forums once again confirms AMD is dead and bankrupt by end of 2018 FOR REALS THIS TIME

Zen+ is going to be a monster even if it simply boosted clocked by 2-300mhz. Intel's IPC (sans AVX2) would vanish in an instant - though to be pedantic and technically accurate zen already has higher IPC, its held back by clocks but Sup Forums doesn't know that so at this point IPC and clocks might as well mean the same thing.

6GHz 6c/12t when?

>i3-8350k
>"value CPU"
Holy fucking shit, get Brian's cock out of your ass you stupid shill

No, I'm retarded and meant Ryzen 2... but thanks user.

I already have an 8320 and an rx470 8gb...so it's been year of AMD for a couple of years now.

epyc is shitting on xeons in the server market

it's intel who's gonna be in trouble after the next 2 years

Given not even IBM's nazi science can hit that outside of chernobyl tier heat output the answer is more than likely "not on silicon".

Why do these circlejerk thread exist. You should all neck yourselves.

Cache delay is going to be better too in Zen+.

Something like 7-8 to 4, in line with Intel.

Explain more?

That's all I remember.
I'm sure some kind user will post the image.
Even though Zen+ is a tick, there's going to be a huge amount of improvements since second generation, and AMD is good with that.

lol wut

Pascal is not Fermi, only a retard like Bondrewd will spout memes that he doesn't understand

>2018
>amd saying "poor ampere"
>navi being another trash
>releasing a new ryzen cpu
>intel on complete suicide watch

HURRY THE FUCK UP ZEN+ AND NO NVMEME MOBOS

nvme m.2 is good, though.

sure but make it the regular x16 slot (3.0 x4)
converters are cheap as fuck but converting back to PCIe is messy as shit

Yeah, that's a good point.
Although, having a 960 evo, I don't blame mobo manufacturers for making it a bit more secure, it seems easily breakable if it just stuck out of a normal x4 slot.

I have an i3-6100, is it even worth it to "upgrade" to an i5-7500? It would cost around $180 but comes out to around $100 since I can sell the i3 for $80. Or should I wait for the i7-7700\7700k to drop to around $200?

There is nothing wrong with buying an i3-8350k if you already have something like a Pentium . It's no different than an i5.

You need a Z370 boards for 8350k.
It's not even fucking remotely a "value" offering.

You can get an 8400 for roughly the same price.

Not when you're forced to buy a new $100+ Mobo for it

Huh? You'd have to buy a new motherboard for the 8350k too...

Oh, didn't realize the 8350k was Coffee Lake

What am I looking at

>The only reason AMD is still in the market is that they have a solid price to performance ratio.
AMD could literally not release anything of value for 5 years, and still remain in the market. They exist solely to give the appearance of competition to nvidia, and intel.

AMD + Intel project

Vega GPU with on die HBM and Intel CPU

>tfw waiting for 7nm CPU and GPU

Can we all just agree in this thread that a little more umphf from AMD should be sought for sake of competition in the market? Intel and nividia been sitting comfy for too long desu i want this to be interesting.

Intel is literally considering suicide right now.
They have a dead node they are trying to hide away from the shareholders.
Their roadmap is a mess.
I don't even know what they need to do to save their financials from finally taking a hit.

Mummy sold all her amd stock tho, and is the only reason why amd is around.

I am not talking about fucking stocks you moron.
Intel literally has a dead node they are desperately trying to hide away to not cause panic (haha Charlie was right again).

Intel will still be around, and as long as intel is around amd will be too, so who cares?
Can you even prove wrong?

Having no competitive products due to your manufacturing group fucking up and yet lacking the ability to go fabless puts them in near-death state for a while.
It's semicon, where lose momentum == die a horrible death.

I don't believe you, because you seem like you're just spewing something that you read off of a script, and you still haven't proven wrong at all.

Fucking schizo, an "appearance" of competition usually does not try to violently murder you in your core markets.
Do you understand that?

So you can't refute it?

autism

switch to ryzen, i3 is obsolete when you can get a 1400 for roughly the same price

My whole objective is making a sensible upgrade. Going with Ryzen means having to buy a new motherboard. I obviously want to keep my same mobo to save money.

Different user here, but I'd wait for the 7700k personally then, and only if the i3 really feels too underpowered with what you're doing with it.

i'm on a budget plus if i get burned out on games like the SECOND TIME already, then sell it....it's so i won't feel regret wasting so much money again...

Epyc says hello.

L1 is the same.
L2 is tuned quite a bit, but Threadrippers may have this tuning already.
L3 may see some tuning.
Then we'll have to see if they do something about the inter-CCX communication.

hey guys.... ryzen 3 1200 v2(refresh) will be out in February?
right?
and 2050ti when?

i'm tired of waiting...i dont have a PC, i'm poor so i want a budged build.... don't wanna have regrets if next month i could have bough next gen for same price as today...

please advise...

w8, leaks probs jan

>Being a tripfag
>Being a retarded tripfag
If you had any understanding of history of the market, you'd know that performance doesn't trump consumer mindshare and outright anti-competitive practices.

>Are you ready for 2018, YEAR OF AMD Sup Forums?
All I want is the 570 back in stock at ~180, is that so much to ask?

Leaks suggest Febs for the chips, March for the new chipset mobos

>unfinished
Well they sure did take their sweet time

Theres literally nothing better on the market

because maxwell and pascal have absolutely nothing in common with fermi

Besides having same SPs, same distributed geometry setup, same coherent L2, the same way it uses L1 and shared memory, roughly the same ISA, same ROPs hanging off the xbar, ~same scheduler that uses some kind of scoreboarding.
So, what's the difference?

Ah the eternal Intel tripfag

AM4 socket will work for zen/zen+/zen2
ie all 3 Ryzen/RavenRidge revisions over the next 5 years and merging the APU and desktop lines into one socket.
They also merged the consumer and enterprise server sockets into one (threadripper and Epyc)

>intel forcing you to change sockets skylake/kabylake/coffeelake/icelake
>seperate Xeon/Atom sockets

BTFO INTEL CONSUMERS

>Make a trip
>post insane comments to set up pro amd rebuttals
>look intel guy dumb as rocks/amd posters smart
>recycle
>collect poobucks

I just want 8 8700k cores but it doesn't seem like Intel is going to release anything relevant this year. I hope ryzen+ does well so AMD forces Intel do give us more cores for the mainstream.

>prove wrong prove wrong prove wrong
Not him but that's not how proving works you cocksucker. Someone makes a claim and it's nothing but noise until they also prove their claim. It's not other people's job to prove the opposite first. Of course people can claim anything and others are free to believe it, but you can't make others prove those claims. If someone has to, it's the one making the claim.

>no argument the post.
image related it's (((you))) on the right

Is this post ironic on purpose?

Does it matter?

And the mobo is $200 lmao