MacBook RAM Upgrade

>how to upgrade RAM on a MacBook
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

youtu.be/CTsEJ49LLsQ

Other urls found in this thread:

nbcnews.com/news/asian-america/report-finds-china-sends-most-international-students-u-s-high-n792681
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

If you but a MacBook air you deserve this

>using a manputer in the current era of our lorde and mother whom'st'd've arte in heaven

chinese are so smart
they do this in school
US bubba would never figure this out
no chance
stick to wood shop
hahahahah

/thread

W-what's a manputer?

Because I am a man.

Cock or gtfo

>You just need another ram chips and resistence from motherboard
So why don't you just change the entire motherboard, holy shit

That's not the point though

Would this work on an SBC like the raspberry or orange pi?

Its a shitty design from a company that doesn't want you upgrading their shit so you're forced to buy a new macbook

stop your denial he has a point.
this is clearly not designed for an upgrade.
Apple is as much of a cult than scientology, and if I remember it right this website used to not like these kind of things back in the time.

holy fuck
i have enough trouble soldering a wire already

>The only reason you ever upgrade the ram on your laptop is to save money on the initial purchase

>Chinese
nbcnews.com/news/asian-america/report-finds-china-sends-most-international-students-u-s-high-n792681

All cool until Apple degrades the performance because the battery is getting a bit old.

>Chinese
>Learn all that in school
>End up as a slave worker for Foxconn.

>American
>Learn nothing in school
>Earn $300k starting working in the revitalized coal industry.

Also could this be used to double the vram on my mx150?

Why would anyone do this?

Bump

so the upgrade process requires actual work? no wonder Sup Forums cant do it. i guess talking about how computers are 'like legos' isnt really true when you fucking nerds have to get your hands dirty.

i bet you cant even change the oil on your car

That's some impressive soldering. Based chink.

Is it too difficult to do?

I mean, if you've never done it before, I'm guessing yes. I've done a lot of soldering, but mostly through hole and a little bit of SMD. Nothing on that scale, though. The hardest part I think would be getting the alignment of the chips right. There doesn't seem to be much room for error. As for the actual soldering, seems like the heat gun does most of that work.

I was hoping to try something similar but as an upgrade.

Also wanted to see if it'll work to fuck around with my nexus 5. Upgrade it to an sd801 if it'll work, upgrade it to 64GB, etc.

Mactoddlers have defended this.

Did they though?

Top kek. Fucking Apple.

Piss easy, buy a new one or are you poor?

>Piss easy, buy a new one or are you of average, or greater, intelligence?

mactoddlers have defended this

Why upgrade your ram when you can buy a new MacBook with just as much ram as you had before!

Memory module for the die would be so expensive that you may as well get another one of those SBCs.

Sorry OP, but iToddlers cannot handle such complex tasks. Back in college, I remember this one girl complaining about her mac overheating more and more (it was like 3-4 years old). I told her to just take it apart, blow out the dust, and re-apply thermal paste if she could, but she just said that sounds to complex and only wants professionals at the Apple store to do it.

Memory modules on the opi taste separate, I've just given up for now as I couldn't find any 8Gb RAM chips. They were all at most 4Gb.

Are separate*

Every time i toss a computer in the garbage, Captain planet beats the hell out of me.
And he says he will beat you too.

So who makes a good hotair rework station?

Yea desoldering BGA chips is just so hard, no one but a Chinese man from Shenzen could have ever figured that one out.

Is that sarcasm?

>revitalized coal industry
Kek

I could do this for a good price lol

Obviously