/wt/ Watch Thread Citizen edition

This thread is about the appreciation of horology, as well as the micro-engineering and materials engineering that are required to make a fine watch, clock, or other timepiece.

>Required viewing for newbies:
youtube.com/watch?v=C9ylkhcs7rw

>Strap Guide:
pastebin.com/SwRysprE

>Watch essentials 102:
pastebin.com/VBAu4Rwi

Old thread

FIRST FOR BOCTOК

Nice cute entry level womens wristwatch?

> citizen edition
Ok

Budget? Quartz or mechanical? Any style guidelines at all?

is the day ok?

>Budget
Let's say 1k? I'm more just considering if it's for me though.
What's the difference between quartz and mech? I don't have any clear preferences except it can't be big or bulky I guess

Yeah it was in the process of changing.

Mechanical watches use a spring and balance wheel to tell the time, rather than a quartz crystal. They are mess accurate, more expensive, and require more frequent and expensive servicing. But for people into watches they're more interesting. If you think mechanical watches are cool I'd suggest

Sigh

Suggest a Tudor princess in that range.

quartz runs on batteries, are very accurate and require very minimal maintenance, usually cheaper.
mechanical run from power in a wound spring, tend to be less accurate (20 secs or so a day off) and may need servicing sometimes depending on the watch.
quartz watches are your best bet if you want something small, but mechanical watches are much more interesting and appealing to enthusiasts

Miyota counts right?

It's close enough.

1k is pretty nice budget.

A lot of womens Longines models, are around 700~900 USD, with quartz watches are thinner and cost slightly less while the automatic ones are around that price range. For that price you get nice thin solid link bracelets and good finishing. (See Longines presence models)

Or if you don't want to blow the full budget and get a decent watch, Orient Star has a few excellent womens models.

Re-asking,
Buying an 090 case, should I go with polished or matte?

If you're going quartz I'd definitely suggest citizen over longines. Their men's watches have major design issues but their ladies watches are fine.

>Citizen edition
yay

explain ??

kek

A local shop has their Citizen and Orient's well display while they have a pile of Seiko's just throw as is. And now just shite looking models, mostly older SKX's and new SRP turtles.

Prices were high as expected though, thought not as high as the Daniel Wellington watches.

Whenever I'm on a house call at a soyko-boy's mom and manage to push the mushroom-head through the cervix I ask for their husband's Citizen as payment.

Pls no

>not using this as OP picture
SAD!

1k is Nomos Club money, the lugs are probably too long for most women though.

Give them back jamal

Orca Titanium Diver Eco-Drive reporting in.

that's breddy ugly

Its intended for real diving, tool watch af.

Just look at the lume and also the chunky bezel to operate with gloves easily, titanium and ISO Diver 200m...

Yeah, it's also ugly af

Yeah, for me is not "ugly af", but i can see that it can be ugly for many people and i dont find it very estetically pleasant also (well the lume looks great imo).

But my point is that form was well behind function since the beginning for this particular watch; its look is a consecuence of high visibility and good ergos. And i bought it also for its specs and not to use it casually (at most i wear it for beachdays).

Other divers like the MDV106 are just as function without being fucking hideous

Are you serious?? The Duro is good value and more wereable every day, but as a Diver is light years behind.

Even my Seamaster 300m is worse for real divind by a huge difference. Like HUGELY WORSE.

See how ergonomic to use with gloves etc the bezel is. And how robust is the Titanium case and the strap (sorry for the dirt).

i like the lume on it
but not the rest

Pls no bully for beads, I no longer wear them. I say this every thread, but someone always points it out.

Will post my Tudors and other Rolex as well to contribute some content to the thread.

1960 Tudor Oyster.

did you try taking a picture without the beads and posting that instead?

Nice watch, very nice. Personally i prefer the 14000 no date and saphire but yours is great too and suits you well even being 34mm.

1930's Tudor pillow watch. Not sure on exact date.

How else are we supposed to know how much of a faggot he is?

>tfw mr skeletal
Got this last week, but still haven't had chance to take out the extra links, so I haven't had any chance to wear it yet. Seemed to belong to a bredithiccboi before I got my hands on it. it's from the mid 1980's.
Nowhere near as fun. Pisses off Sup Forums way too much to get rid of the bead pics. I'll post some more later without beads if anyone gives two fucks. Also, this

Funny enough i only actually like for diving the Citizen and funny enough the non diver GShock Riseman (that i bought and mainly use for mountaineering and as general beater).

I dont own a dive computer still (i rent one or do without).

>Let's say 1k?
If you spend more than $100 on quartz you are complete nuevo rich trash

What do you guys think of the invicta 0420?

>blacked out
>no blacked out day/date wheel

Why bother?

Low effort af

R O S S

I have my great grandfather old gold pocket watch
can I use it without looking like a complete autistic?

Not really, it's a beautiful watch though. I guess the only time you could use it would be for sentimental reasons like your own wedding.

If your open heart is not a tourbillon (or equally impressive complication) or a balance wheel with adjustable screws it's trashy imo.
But an unadjusted and undecorated balance wheel that is half bridge is unacceptable no matter what.

If you wear a suit jacket you can keep it in an inside breast pocket with the chain hiding.

Only acceptable modern way, and you'll still get comments if you pull it out

Sounds a bit off, but you can use it as a desk clock.

Put it in nice "cradle" and wind up as it needs.

Fag.

I've used my MDV's bezel with gloves, underwater etc with no problem
I think you're just trying to rationalize your shitty purchase.

best fitness watch?

>best fitness watch?
smartwatch you feg

I've been considering getting one of these because they're on sale right now and there's not many other 36-38mm watches with a rotating bezel that can satisfy my wristlet autism that are also

Even if you're a wristlet they still wear pretty big and tall. Quartz or automatic?

love that seiko

good looking datejust. i haven't looked in a while, what are 80s models going for roughly nowadays?

What Citizen model is this?

Thanks user, I paid £3,400. Comes with 100% of its paperwork and service history. May have overpaid a little on impulse.
Thanks user, and yeah, I feel that. I've just got a massive hard-on for date complications. Already had my Tudor with no-date, so kinda' made sense to pick one up that had one. Here's a pic of it from when I fucking rekt it in a drunken night of running for Chinese food.

if /wt/ -> /fa/
Sup Forums -> Sup Forums

>>>/polgbt/

Just a nice start to the day gazing at my Submariner!

Living the life of Luxery is good, let me tell you! After buying these pieces I'm never going back to shitter Seikos again!

Thanks Arch, great vid, keep them coming!

I don't know how the Swiss do it, mixing the solid gold with this beautiful sapphire crystal. Unbelieve, well worth the money guys, let me tell you!

I've got the GSAR and think it's great.

This sapphire is amazing!

Tf is this

>I dont own a dive computer still

Why?

What do you do for a living?

Chrono24's e-commerce payment system sure sucks ass.

And I guess they only have like one dude doing all customer service. It takes them like a week to respond to queries.

Can anyone name a better solar diver?

perhaps one with a perpetual calendar?

>What do you do for a living?
I am a professional diver, I own a Rolex Submariner but I use my SNE437 for actual diving, it is more robust, won't wind down, and has better lume!

also it's more accurate than a Rolex!

I am a deep sea saturation diver though, so I am looking for the best way to drill and tap my watch case for a helium release valve

nice cyclops faggot

The 70's Swiss quartz are some of the most interesting pieces.

Postin some faded lume from my current.

3-500 dollar field style watch that is not a khaki field?

There's one from seiyajapan, but their site is AFK until the holidays are over.

Fug, I didn't realize you couldn't even browse

Used SARG005/7

I was thinking the 36mm TSAR Medium which is quartz

New G-Shock for Christmas

70's Seiko quartz models released right after they began mass quartz production can also be pretty awesome.

It's no Oysterquartz, but at least it's jewelled and has mostly metal wheels (except for the day-date mechanism) and it has a trimmer for regulation. Not bad for a basic quartz movement and better than the shit most watches have these days. The seconds hand even lands right on the indices every time. It's sad how much quartz watches have regressed since they first came out.

You can also find Seiko thermocompensated twin quartz models for a pittance these days if you shop around.

My temporary watch until I can afford a Rolex Submariner

Nice.

Yeah I have a twin quartz Grand Quartz and a King Quartz. That one is just a basic Seiko quartz that belonged to my dad and it's my favorite of the three.

Looks nice, I love most of the penis quartz lineup.
I've only got one Lord Quartz myself to date.

F91W

I think citizen makes one, not sure if it's better though

Pls no bully

Debating on selling this. Ever since I lost weight it seems too big on my skelly wrists.

Thats a Citizen Stiletto.