Teaching artist GF programming

Hey there Sup Forums
I'm teaching my artist GF programming since she's shown interest in learning. What are some resources that you would recommend? So far I've only taught her non language-specific things since it wasn't really us sitting down to learn, more of her asking what XYZ thing I was doing was, and then me doing an impromptu lesson on whatever it was since she wanted to know more.
She was able to understand pointers and pointer arithmetic/arrays/structs nearly instantly, probably 4x faster than people in my CS class a few years ago did.
Because of this, I'm not sure which language I should teach her. I'm currently deciding between C++, C#, and Python but I can't decide. I'm leaning more towards C# since I feel like it's a nice mid-level language but I'm not sure if it'd be something she could actually really do something with without being a bona fide programmer.
halp
also pls give resources

Other urls found in this thread:

thecodingtrain.com
twitter.com/AnonBabble

> gf

just let her start with something fun and easy.
she might find interest in p5(javascript)since it's made for artists, which would go along great with her hobby.
thecodingtrain.com is a great place to start

is you're gf a anime?

I would go for Java / C#. Python is a bit underwhelming, i would not have loved coding if i was taught that as first language.

Yes

Teach her the easiest shit or smth

>gf
>my
>"her"
>implying

Use Opencodecamp to teach her some basic web developer stuff. Then she can make Javascript games and her own blog. What's more pragmatic and functional as projects for a artist then that?

Don’t do it man. Would you rather have an artist or a programmer gf? Why would you encourage her to program and instead not learn some new form of art?

How can OP have a girlfriend if OP is a devout faggot?

Python, python, python. I've been down this "teach me how2kode road before," and python is by far the best for beginners. Starting with C/C++ is a good way to make people give up and leave you alone, and Java makes them hate computers.

Ultimately language doesn't if you're a terrible teacher like most people. If you're good at teaching you could start with Haskell or assembly and make them understand

>She was able to understand pointers and pointer arithmetic/arrays/structs nearly instantly, probably 4x faster than people in my CS class
Maybe "she" should teach herself, then.

>her
>"her" existence
>implying

t.ugly neet

I still dont understand pointers, fuck your gf

I understand pointers, but I haven't come across a particular situation when they're convenient/necessary

Can someone give an example?

> not using the gf with the male argument

Learn how to use Love2D and learn Lua.

Then teach her Lua one-on-one with Love2D, potentially follow along an online tutorial for absolute beginners. It's simpler than Python, and Love2D is nicer than any Python game engine and easy enough to do interesting things without too much hassle.

uh well you could always go on second life dates.. 'LSL' is like C++ / Python EZ mode.. she makes your avatars and you make the things work..
really working in any game engine together would probably be sweet. if you can keep up with each other you can manifest some cool stuff. gl, hf.

>gf
>his
>implying
>implying