What are Sup Forums's thoughts on Google's upcoming OS, Fuchsia? It may replace Android and Chrome OS someday

What are Sup Forums's thoughts on Google's upcoming OS, Fuchsia? It may replace Android and Chrome OS someday.

Other urls found in this thread:

fuchsia.googlesource.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I think it's kinda interesting that they went for a Microkernel. You don't really see that too much, at least for desktop/laptop/mobile use (I know it's bigger in embedded stuff)

Being Jewgle, you know it's gonna be crawling with botnet shit, but hopefully someone will pull an "ungoogled-chromium" type thing with it.
Ungoogled-Fuchsia sounds pretty comfy

>Google's
aaaannnddd dropped

>using Dart as main language
DOA

Here's their git repo. Check it out.
fuchsia.googlesource.com/

Fuchsia is a kernel.

I will keep reposting this in every Fuschia thread

KERNEL
LEVEL
ADS

>tfw no GNU/Magenta

If Google overtakes the Android market with Fuchsia, I'm moving to iOS.

this
Can't wait to see what kind of illegal dealings Schmidt has been up to

>If Google overtakes the Android market with Fuchsia
there will be no android market in the future

kernel
level
aids

Ads at bootloader

we already have linux thanks

Honestly, this. I want to see what Fuchsia looks like but without the google botnet shit.

?

Me too. The first microkernel OS to gain actual relevance?

Magenta / Zircon is the kernel

Fuchsia is a complete OS unto itself :~)

But the kernel is a microkernel so you can just kill the ad server

Why?

Microkernel means it'll be easier to make your own custom compile of the OS rather than how complex android with linux is

>a jewggle branded littlekernel fork
why would anyone want that?

At least it's auditable unlike kikerosoft

>Fuchsia
>Fuch sia
>FUCK CIA

I have good feelings about this OS

im pretty excited actually
hopefully something like this, built from the ground up, will be much more clean and optimized than current systems like Android and Windows which have been turned into a house of cards.

it's a google project
it will be deprecated and replaced with something else new once google (inevitably) lose interest

people never seem to learn

will it have things worse than systemd?

No, it's intended to be for IoT. Not for desktop or mobile phone use.
It's not even google's kernel, it is someone else's "Little Kernel"

Hopefully android development can finally go it's own way and stop being an abomination

No.

From Wikipedia:
>In August 2016, media outlets reported on a mysterious codebase post published on GitHub, that revealed that Google was developing a new operating system called "Fuchsia". While no official announcement was made, inspection of the code suggested its capability to run on universal devices, including "dash infotainment systems for cars, to embedded devices like traffic lights and digital watches, all the way up to smartphones, tablets and PCs". The code differs from Android and Chrome OS due to its being based on the "Zircon" kernel (formerly "Magenta")[4] rather than on the Linux kernel.[5][6]

Also, the kernel is not straight-up "Little Kernel". It's a fork, and the someone is the guy who also make the kernel for Haiku.

Why do people not take the 5 seconds to look this shit up?

I'm really excited for it, I can't wait to see what comes out of it. The armadillo build a while ago looks really nice

What's up with operating systems locking themselves to one language like that.
Android and java, ios and objective-c.

Your favorite Google™ Botnet™, now even in the kernel!

It's nothing I would ever touch. Google is a company you should only use when there are no viable alternatives. To my knowledge, this limits them to YouTube, although Amazon may be looking to change that in the future.

gnu/fuchsia when?

>amazon as a legit alternative to google.
U wot m8?

like choosing Pol Pot over Hitler

more Pol Pot over Mao

why would you buy something you cant pronounce

iOS but by Google. they're just going downhill and copying Apple at this point. Fucking pathetic.

Few sha

Zionist overlord government tool.

more walled botnet gardens for the normies

>What are Sup Forums's thoughts on Google's upcoming OS, Fuchsia?
Looks good, micro kernels are the future of smartphones.
>It may replace Android and Chrome OS someday
If it stay open source and we can swap the system and use binary blobs on smartphone, I'd use it over android anytime.

Good fucking riddance. Walled gardens are better than half-assed (((free))) ones like Androjew. At least the iOS ecosystem is coherent.

>coherent
until some faggots decide to throttle your system in order to get you to buy more of their shit

still better than android to be honest. at least they are honest about it, unlike samshit or any other android vendor.

it's pretty good, structurally and practically
i'd use it on all my devices
itt brainlets who think it'll be bad just because it's by google (probably sent via blink or chromium lel)

>supposing people using shitware somehow proves that the shit company that produced the shitware isn't shit

i'm excited honestly. I think android has gotten to a point where not many more improvements can be made without bloating the os so a new system built from the ground up will be a nice thing to watch grow

Why exactly are you guys excited about Fuchsia? Is it just because it is new and not Android? What is its selling point? It has an microkernel, something else?

>i'd use it on all my devices
That's actually their plan. To use it on all devices because right now things are kind of split for them which makes any transitions a huge pain.

>What is its selling point?
Being a microkernel used across the board + new dart (open java is still such awful trash, kotlin is a bandaid) = android/chromeOS/etc but without the shitty baggage.
It's pretty exciting actually but won't come to fruition until ~2020 at earliest really which is a huge shame we have to deal with android/chromeOS until then.

id rather they didnt fracture the niche os market even more

i dont know much about it desu i'm just excited for a new operating system as i said android seems to be at a point where any improvement will be bloat and i feel android peaked at jellybean/ lollypop so a new operating system will just be a nice change. I'll probably research it more when it starts being implemented into devices

why desu fuschia is open source and mau be better than android you should atleast give it a chance

fuck see ya

anything would be better than android

fucks ya

what are your problems with android desu? i have been using it since froyo and love the os it's been great watching it evolve and improve

Chromium is open source and look at that.

Maybe they should make a package format a part of POSIX to reduce this fracturing?

hai buthopefully fuchsia will be like android where there will be tonnes of customized versions

>java
>shit code
>ecosystem
>community
>disorganisation
>java

the logo is also a vagina and a butthole

fuck cia*

LOL ew

You're essentially valuing honesty over freedom in a hardware product. When you have freedom, you can create an antifragile system that grows to overcome a lack of honesty, whereas without the freedom there is less and less of a way to make use of honesty in the first place. You just now know that you're being raped instead. Am I wrong here?

>can't never create anything new to not cause fractures

some things need standardization and stability and some need many competing alternatives. operating systems are the former.

>google
>create anything new

All google does is find new ways to target ads to users. All their "innovation" is superfluous and just barely good enough to collect their ad dollars. See: android, a pile of shit that makes life hard for developers but just happens to work well enough to show ads.

Standardization can happen from the best operating system winning and the most people using it

you mean like how they've taken over the android market by developing android?

>best
you mean easiest to use

No they aren't. There's barely any competition within the OS realm anyways (especially one powered by a microkernel like Zircon) that has the backing of a huge corporation. So this attempt would be THE standard.

oh my god why don't you just go jack off into your copy of the communist manifesto

Most of Android is in C or C++.
Java is better than C or C++ for applications otherwise you would have to deal with applications that have memory corruption bugs all over the place since pajeets will be building applications.
Android ecosystem is great if you have a Google phone instead of other shit brands that just shit out phones and not update anything.