Is he /our guy/?

Is he /our guy/?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dLRLYPiaAoA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

what a creep

playing grand theft auto makes you a maniac killer too

Stealing peoples dna to build digital copies of them that you can abuse is not creepy. its like playing gta dude

my philosophy is if it hurts no one its ok this is the truth for everything

The the subtext I get from this episode is that, for some reason, Charlie Brooker desperately wants fantasy people to be real.

if the guy gets off of fantasizing of turturing people he knows because he is too beta in real life then he is not a good person.
even if he didnt do anything illegal he should be ostracized for this.
He didnt deserve to die (i dont know if this happened but I think it was heavily implied) but i am not sorry for him either and i think that him being bullied was justified.

>if the guy gets off of fantasizing of turturing people he knows because he is too beta in real life then he is not a good person.

What if it was the reverse. He tortured people in real life, but then played a video game where he took care of them and loved them dearly. Would that make him a good person?

so you dont like rape hentai like i

No it would obviously be even worse, what kind of autistic argument is this?
The oposite of fantasizing about torture is not actually doing it.

The desire to torture makes him a dickhead in either scenario.

well if you had to be one which one is better for hummanity

If you are defined by your fantasies, and not reality as you claim, then fantasizing about loving people should make you a good person, even if you are a serial killer.

Not being a fucking assblasted loser needing to take their inadequacies out on people in cyberspace would be a start.

but if you only had those two choices

I guess that you would all believe that playing violent video games makes you a killer then?

What do you mean? Is this like Sophie’s choice? Am I forced to decide if I want to be a dickhead towards a consciousness in cyberspace and a consciousness in meatspace?

yes

Nobody plays GTA with the desire to feel like they’re actually running a real person over. That would be psychopathic.

The character in Black Mirror has true, malicious intent.

But don’t you see there is no difference? In either case I would be causing harm to a consciousness.

Exactly. Much like the recent call of duty swatter fag. He had clear malicious intent from the start. Being addicted to a violent game doesn't help whatsoever with someone that malicious and mentally ill.

just answer the fucking question and how would i be hurting someone else and after this thread imma go fap to rape hentai

I don’t understand what your point is, I never claimed that the game made the character from black mirror a despotic madman.

The point some lunatic is trying to make is that because it occurs inside a computer and not outside it the MC isn’t a bad person. Even though the consciousnesses still had memories and their psyche. Basically using the concept of it occurring inside a machine as a loophole for why it isn’t criminally minded.

You’ve already got your answer, it’s neither. Get help.

why have better graphic then

>DNA contains memories
what the fuck was the writer thinking

Flying your ship into a wormhole as an in-game cover-up of the update process would be a pretty clever way of giving the characters a visual target while still making sense in the logic of the world. It seems reasonable for a hardcore hyper-realistic roleplaying game to try and give an in-world explanation for game updates. It's a shame that instead of that we got a mess of nonsensical buzzwords and jargon. I swear there's one point where the girl says:
>the wormhole is the game's way of showing us the firewall, we need to fly into it and we'll all be deleted!
They’re pretty much just making the rules up as they go along.

They could have also given a much better explanation for him cloning their consciousnesses than "he got their DNA". It goes without saying that having a DNA sample from someone doesn't mean you can read their thoughts. Instead go with this:
Every time you play this game you're connecting yourself to a brain scanner. Daily is the CTO of the company that produces the software these brain scanners run. Surely he would have access to the data they record, right? And surely the developers of the game have played the game at least once, right? Wouldn't that be a much better explanation of how he mind-clones them?

so if should i go rape someone or watch rape hentai

Third option. Get help.

im going to ether one no way out of this one buddy in real life so for someone sake please give me a answer

Whom this be?

Not being able to differentiate fantasy and reality is a sign of schizophrenia .

The one that needs help is you.

So turn yourself into the police.

do people actually watch this j*w shit?

I TOLD YOU NO WAY OUT OF THIS ONE MY BODY AND YOUR RULE UNDER MY RULES

nah, but he is the general idea most faggot normies have about people posting in this thread. It was a really bad fucking joke. Episode was as bad as the one with the kid with the crazy mom and the all time surveillance chip

Your mum is /ourguy/

In the tv show it wasn’t a fantasy though was it? Those people were there digital equivalent to brains in jars. Their psyches existed just as they did outside the simulation.

is it a real human tho if we made ai should we give it human rightss do you you hear yourself now

>give robots rights

They weren’t artificial intelligences though. They were real intelligences with organic memories and personalities.

certainly not, his game is an .exe

should we give clones rights even though we still have the original and literally nothing is loss if the die

>Those people were there digital equivalent to brains in jars. Their psyches existed just as they did outside the simulation.

That's what Charlie Brooker wants to be true. The entire moral point of the story hangs on that. The question is why does he want fantasy people to have real psyches and real memories?

Yes. Because really what is lost if you died? There are billions of people who could replace you but you still want your human rights.

>Nobody plays GTA with the desire to feel like they’re actually running a real person over.
uh.. that's the whole point of the game? To do something you can't in reality because of external factors? Why do you play it otherwise?

yeah but no one is exactly like me but clones are different

The same reason I play a game with a fatass Italian plumber jumping on living mushrooms despite never wanting to do that in real life.

It’s fun isn’t it?

i can fap to rape without wanting to do it in real life

It would be amazing to do what Mario does! I play it because it is impossible in real life.

Keep telling yourself that.

>then he is not a good person.
by your (gay) standards. who are you to say that your culture and morals are superior to others? are you really saying that not all cultures are eq*al?

>wut r epigenetics

Why does that make you important? A clone would be technically unique as well because the mutation of cells as the clone grows old would make them different to you. Really the small differences in our genetic make up is all that makes us unique.

Or if the clone lives on the other side of the planet and lives a different life you, it could have a totally distinct personality.

Isn't this the same whole premise in which Gay's Creed is based on?

No, /ourguy/ would create an Edenesque paradise where his creations would flourish. Those creations being all the women in the building but with cute little dicks instead of vaginas, with tight hairless buttholes that secrete coconut oil, and sensitive prostate glands. I mean you're not some kind of pussy fucking faggot, are you?

cancer is a clone gone awry. what's wrong with torturing cancer?

but in the show were the clones different or the same personality wise

Obviously different because they had been manipulated to be compliant, all of them had lost their fight they had when they first entered the simulation because they had different experiences to their meatspace counterparts.

>pays pizza guy for pizza he didn't even order just to help the pizza guy out so he doesn't have to pay for the pizza out of his own wage
>doesn't pressure developers, just tells them to take their time and do it right, he wants to deliver a quality product when it's ready, not grab a quick buck like the CEO
>doesn't sexually harass anyone at work
>politely asks for a coffee, even though he's the reason the entire company exists and the reason those people at the company have high paying jobs
>takes some garbage from the garbage can
>goes home and plays the future equivalent of GTA

but he deserves eternal damnation because he has a poopoo social skills, right goys?

so if you put the real ones in the same situation they would be different

They are the real ones put in that situation.

so they are the same just put in different situation

>They are the real ones put in that situation.
they are digital replicas that only exist inside a computer simulation. as an empathetic human, you are blind to reason by your emotions, but it's blinding you to the greater empathy that you're ignoring

But are they the same? Our personalities are formed by our experiences and both the ‘real’ person and the ‘clone’ have had different experiences that would result in slightly different personalities. The longer the two exist, the more individual they become.

>they’re digital so it’s not real even though in the narrative of the story they have human emotions just as a flesh and bone person does.
>This means I should be allowed to mentally torture them.

To acknowledge you’re mentally torturing them means you’re acknowledging they have a true psyche to be broken. That’s still fucked up.

He should have just created a simulation with an all-female crew and had orgies with them, maybe even with multiple copies of the same girl, because you can't do that in real life.

>To acknowledge you’re mentally torturing them means you’re acknowledging they have a true psyche to be broken. That’s still fucked up.

they don't have a psyche, they have a digital replication of a psyche that only exists within a computer simulation. I have a MS in CS, and I believe I'm more informed on AI than you are. There's more to a soul than simply the thoughts, and just because you can contain some of that inside a chip, and run it, doesn't mean it's the same as a soul. The soul is created by God.

if i become god or something i want to make multiple timelines or "clone" to see if the same base roots person reacts differently to different situations and if we had time travel i would go back in time and say bring my dick out in a pblic place just to see what happens also

>damage controlling this hard

>digital replication of a psyche
Actually, I would like to rephrase that, it's a digital approximation of a psyche. However, even if it were a true 1:1 map, it would still not be a soul, because the soul is more than what can be contained and run inside a vessel. That's why your soul is reclaimed by God when you die.

I think he was very damaged by having no power his entire life and he didn't deserve what was given to him in the end. The whole point of black mirror is that these situations could happen to any of us, if anybody created the singularity in a company lab they would be exploited till they bled.

who?

How can people be so uninformed about DNA and artificial intelligence in 2018? This show was an insult to common sense.

>smart enough to create virtual universe
>forget to give yourself teleport ability

even the minecraft dev did that

This guy looks like Matt Damon after two dryer cycles.

If we knew the universe was infinite, then there would be a 100% chance of a very large number of exact same copies of you existing out there (technically it's possible for only you to exist, but it's unlikely). Based on that, should it be legal to kill you?

No, but shes /ourgirl/

yes

>all the Sup Forums scientists in this thread who claim the copies aren't conscious, when it's literally unknowable at this point

>my pussy is a red line
good to know

>>all the Sup Forums scientists in this thread who claim the copies are conscious, when it's literally unknowable at this point except by applying first principles of artificial intelligence and classical philosophy

The universe is not infinite. If it were infinite, however, there would not be "a very large number of exact same copies of you existing out there", there would be an infinite number.

You can't know anything at all about how computers work if you think there could ever be, even in theory, a conscious computer.

based user. i think the leftists base their entire belief system on the idea that the universe is infinite, ergo an infinite number of possibilities and parallel lives, ergo no consequences

hoo boy

youtube.com/watch?v=dLRLYPiaAoA

ah, it's another episode where uninformed school kids make a video because think they have it all figured out

>stealing

You forgot a word

what?

>The universe is not infinite.
It is not known.
>there would be an infinite number
I was too lazy to think about whether that would still have a 100% chance of being true, so I just went with "a very large number", because that was definitely true.

>Take out a word to make a completely different sentence
>Other user proves you wrong
>To "win" the argument you have to make it political

This is why Sup Forums is ruining this website.

>It is not known.
it also doesn't matter. we all still have to place our bets.

it was a social experiment, bro, chill

so who won thy argument

This season fucking sucks so far. The only Episode that looked like it could amount to shit was Episode 4.

>Episode 1
>ignores its own logic and rules to create drama at the end
>better end would have been that it was for nothing and Meth Damon goes further down a rabbit hole of sociopath behavior

>Episode 2
>was okay but felt like a shittier version of concepts they have already covered before
>should have gone into how corporations could abuse what they have seen to control people who give away their personal information

>Episode 3
>boring murder story
>they forgot to add a twist at the end and just shoved one in the final scene

>Episode 4
>was looking good and should have ended the two spiralling into depression showcasing the dangers and surface level bullshit of dating apps
>instead I have no fucking idea what happened at the end and they meet up in a bar? what?

Stopped watching. Only have Episode 5 and 6 left but I barely care.

Season 2 > 1 > 3 > Dogshit > 4

I like winning and you do too

I don't watch shitty american television
can someone explain this meme to me?

Black Mirror is a British show

its British

netflix is trying to demoralize white American males even more after being purchased by George Soros

yuri bezmenov was right

but who won the argument in this thread

why do you need someone to tell you what to think? the argument never existed

fucking no one