VSCode

>Can do everything Vim can do
>Can do everything Emacs can do
>Javascript which is not cancerous like Lisp.

Why does Sup Forums hate this again?

Other urls found in this thread:

pcworld.com/article/2974057/windows/how-to-turn-off-windows-10s-keylogger-yes-it-still-has-one.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Try to be more subtle with your bait posting in the future

Because Sublime is faster, more modular, and cheaper with a lifetime license.

> Cheaper than free

>thinks any product from a billion dollar company is "®free™" and not collecting you activities

no idea, it works well but my infos

Nothing is more cancerous as telemetry compiling

Electron
Electron
Electron

Enjoy your web brows...I mean text editor.

Because vim doesn't take 1 minute to open a 2mb text file.

> too retarded to know Microsoft is trying to replace javascript with typescript because of how cancerous it is

just as "modular" as sublime
> "telemetry.enableCrashReporter": false
> "telemetry.enableTelemetry": false
:)

>trusting anything Microsoft™

VSC is my go-to for general text editing, it does its job well even if I resent the fact its JS based. At least its typescript, the most acceptable form.

typescript is superior to vanilla js in every way

>he says while trusting google™ just to be able to post on Sup Forums

he doesn't know

>can do everything Emacs can do
Wrong.

1. Worse font rendering than Sublime Text.
2. Slower.
But yeah, it is pretty much fine.

I started using it a few weeks ago, its pretty gud

>not knowing how to bypass Google CAPTCHA almost 2018
>not using a FOSS WireGuard ssh tunneled VPN with intel - ME disabled on QubesOS
It's almost like you don't understand how bad you are compromised.

Typescript is for Java and C# fags that can’t handle dynamic scoped languages.

ES6 is all that’s needed.

I 100% agree and I hate Microsoft. It's the sad state of how archaic Javascript is and how dangerous it is for security

I use vscode. I like it a lot. I already use excel everyday so I’m past the point of worrying about using Microsoft software. If it’s good it’s good. Does take a while to open; but other than that i like it better than sublime or atom. Can’t compare it to vim though. Only recently started using vim. Still not part of VIM Masterrace yet

Enjoy Microsoft steeling your source code. They upload keystrokes and metadata on saved .NET projects including source.

How about you include a source?

Congrats on listing everything bad about Javascript and everything good about static languages. Come back into the argument when you can handle oop

This has to be true if they go as far as add telemetry during compilation

>microsoft steals your code
>sue them for millions
ez

>dynamic scoped
Reference Wikipedia before posting.

>.NET
Luckily, I ain't using .NET.

>open source vs proprietary.
>trusting
It's not even a contest.

(You)

>use Windows 10
>license states you don't own files saved on your computer
>uploads full logs of keystrokes
>uploads full files
>"but...but...it's disabled!"
>forced updates engage latent embedded features
>"It just works!"
pcworld.com/article/2974057/windows/how-to-turn-off-windows-10s-keylogger-yes-it-still-has-one.html

I personally dislike it because this whole revolution against desktop applications was founded on a lie.
Microsoft notepad was not the only editor in existence when sublime started.
Windows had the notepad++, gnu/linux had a plurality of editors nobody bothered to compile for windows and I am sure osX had a text editor too.
All of them were free software, most of them were trying to catch up to emacs in terms of features and offered a vi mode to allow for that style of editing.
It was not perfect, but it was not so bad we needed a browser editor.
Sublime happened and showed that if you put money into development, things go a lot faster.

Sup Forums generally seems to be okay with it, even with all the Electron memes.

I find it convenient to set up just the view I want of a project with explorer, editor, and terminal available from the start, especially for my students who 9/10 don't know vi.

VSCode is free because they will eventually add Azure integration into it, basically turning it into an ad to their Cloud services.

Literal Monaco text edit engine born for cloud services, plus in 2018 begins a lot new plugins for MS products.

>2mb
2 millibits? How do you even measure that?

>>Javascript which is not cancerous like Lisp.
Nice try, soyboy

Wake me when it can open project files and actually build projects
And when it has proper syntax highlighting

is this bizzarro world?