Alright, you know the drill:

Last thread: If you can't be bothered to:
>search it
>lurk moar
>git gud

Then this thread is for you!
Post your simple/stupid questions here, ONCE
You are NOT entitled to an answer.

Please redirect or ignore anybody asking stupid questions outside this thread.

Protip: If you can't tell if your question deserves it's own thread, its very likely it doesn't. Post it here, we'll let you know.

I keep getting this error when trying to run a game in wine with options:
err:mscoree:CLRRuntimeInfo_GetRuntimeHost Wine Mono is not installed

Wat do?

Other urls found in this thread:

scifi.stackexchange.com/questions/177764/was-this-scene-in-the-last-jedi-an-homage-to-hardware-wars
addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/tree-style-tab/
github.com/Timvde/UserChrome-Tweaks
github.com/ccd0/Sup
bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1412617
qttabbar.wikidot.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Is there software for dealing with multiple displays? I'm switching between 2 monitors for desktop use and 1 big TV for gaming, if I disconnect the cables it correctly switches between the setups, is there a way to automate this with software.

How about Synergy?

says that's for mouse and keyboard sharing across multiple PCs. I have a single PC that I want to switch monitor setups regularly.

How do you record a -proper- cassette tape?

it's dependent on the OS you're running. most linux desktops can handle this in the settings otherwise there is xrandr or the arandr gui frontend. i have a script using xrandr that is bound to the function keys on my laptop that switches between the builtin display and my tv. one switches off and the other switches on whenever i hit the key.

install wine-mono

- get a cassette tape recorder, preferably something with a VU meter so you can see the recording level
- hook up a computer to it (typically with a 3.5mm from line-out/speaker out to 2x RCA cable)
- play some loud audio on the computer, and adjust the output volume such that you are using as much of the available range without going over the limit (too low and your recording with be quiet/noisy, too high and your recording will be distorted). if you have no VU meter on the recorder, you can also just record and play back samples and listen out for when it starts to distort
- take rewound tape and manually wind it past the lead-in section (the clear part of tape that isn't recordable)
- place in recorder, press both record and pause at the same time
- when ready, release pause, then play the audio on the computer

remember to organize your playlist so each side has less than 45 minutes of audio (assuming standard 90 minute tapes)
also look into the various noise reduction options if your recorder supports any

>be me decide to have a good ole game of civ v
>takes the usual 5 minute piss me off boot time
>finally make game and have a turn make my first city
>it passes onto player 2 and shitdows10 exits the game with a angry look on my face

ive tried this shit fucking 3 fucking times now, and every time it goes back to the windows 10 homescreen after my first turn, what can i do to fix this shit.

How do I determine if a PCIe Express slot is dead?
I've put 2 known working GPUs in the slot and bios doesnt detect it, mobo doesn't flash the "I see there's something there" light..

I'm going to try a PCIe 4x device to see if maybe its just part of the slot that's fucked

Is there a device that can test the slot itself?

How come whenever I update there's a new slot?

likely keeps a few around so you can go back to a a previous one if need be

Has anyone seen something in windows 10 where the desktop will flash betwen the normal desktop, completely black and the taskbar in grey?
randomly happend today

How is broadcast cable/satellite television different from online streaming?

How can they stream live events at 1080p+ with absolutely zero lagging, drops in quality etc but online streaming still has consistent issues with lag, quality drop, and even audio desync?

Ya googled it?
There might be a crash log that'll help.
I don't actually know

Have you cleaned the slot out? removed dust, blown air through?

Is there any Windows 10 lite version you would recommend to install?

dedicated channels with guaranteed bandwidth, and since it's one-way, there's no need to try to keep latency down, buffer as much as you need
consumer internet connections are neither, they're typically handling multiple different connections, and their speed varies

Could someone please screenshot their "System" process in Windows 10's task manager? I want to make sure mine isn't running irregularly

It jumps from 2.4 to 5/9 every now and again

what does the steam iron ship from the last jedi look like? they just post the hardware wars screenshot i want to see a screenshot of the real movie and no i'm not going to watch the movie fucking shills

scifi.stackexchange.com/questions/177764/was-this-scene-in-the-last-jedi-an-homage-to-hardware-wars

Is it worth it to sidegrade to W10 yet?

Well, today's the last day to pull a free license. Otherwise no point.

Is it better to stick to win 7 or get win 8/10 if i want gaming?

get a playstation 2

Should i invest my time into java or c#?

I mean pirating exists.

What are the guys here doing with NAS?

java or C++

How do I upgrade a pirated version of Windows 7 to Windows 8.1 without it fucking up my programs and shit? Assuming you even can.

Where the fuck can i find something to explain the intricacies of the I2C bus? I am trying to get a AT24C04 EEPROM to work, but the problem is i don't know shit about I2C. I use an atmega8 if that matters

Hi, Pajeet here, don't know what any of those numbers or letters mean.

just download this image.
the one above it was 2 days ago.
why is the date so screwy?

Best free torrent app for android?

If you want to play modern games that use dx12, then you need to upgrade.

Barely any games force you to use it, there's like Forza 7, Forza Horizon 3 and that's it. Any other game is backwards compatible and runs exactly the same on DX11.

Because I shat on you. Lmao.

>girl-penis-2.gif
Disgusting.

is joke for /dpt/

What firmness of Lillith Uterus should I get? Some are telling Soft feels amazing while others say to dive right into Hard

I've been using LibreTorrent and it did what I was looking for just nicely.

Well, yeah. But what if he's an avid fan of Forza, Halo and Gears of War?

Dnf saves up to 4 versions of the previous kernel by default iirc if you’d ever have trouble booting on a newer version.
In /etc/dnf/dnf.conf you can change how many versions are kept before deleting them.

Can the lg g stylus bootloader be unlocked?

Not a stupid question, but a stupid solution.

>Problem
Chrome won't accept "always open this program with magnet links"

>Solution
>Open up Appdata/local/Chrome/default/preference file
add in this line

"magnet":true

inside protocol_handler->excluded_schemes like this below

"protocol_handler": {
"excluded_schemes": {
"magnet":true
}
},

if yours dont format it like json proper, then download notepad++ x86, download json plugin (sourceforge), then make copy of pref file and name it something.json. open it, convert to json format under plugins menu, then edit. Once done, copy paste the entire content back into the proper preference file and save it.

How do I restart my msi gs60 2qe? This happen once before, I think win 10 updated something without consent and not the screen is blank. Non-removeable battery so I can only put it to sleep via power button

How to shut down when I can't see anything?

Hold down the power button for 5-10 seconds and it should power off.

most firmwares will do a hard poweroff by holding the power button for 4 seconds

Mine was going to sleep before 4-5 seconds, I managed to fiddle with keyboard, login and get it to do something busy and holding power down finally did shut it down. Thank fuck. Working now soon as it restarted rather than sleep.

Where can I find a list of Sup Forums recommended printers/scanners?
Looking to get a proper graphic design/photography setup together with some of my savings

I'm heading into a "computing technologies" course (branches off into choices like security and game dev later on) and the course director recommended acquainting yourself with the very basics of a language, going on to recommend Python or Lua for beginners.
Would these be worth looking at or is there something more useful?

can someone recommend me how to make firefox look better.

Is this a good deal for 120€? What part is the bottleneck and will I be able to upgrade it down the line?

has the ability to "swipe to the left" to close webms stopped working for anyone else using 4chanx in firefox nightly?? it's been like this for a while. anyone know why?

You will be able to add an SSD which is bound to increase responsiveness. Beyond that, the rig is dated and it's probably not worth upgrading anything.

Go ask in they literally have an entire thread dedicated to the things.
IIRC soft has better suction while you can feel the internal texture better with hard.

bump

To get that look you need:
1) Tree Style Tab extension addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/tree-style-tab/
2) Create userChrome.css and apply some of the styles from github.com/Timvde/UserChrome-Tweaks

Try searching github gists or the archives for more customization. Especially during the last month since that's when Quantum was released.

Is this the right place to ask about vlc player?
the vid freezes when I try to watch an anime intro with stylized soft subs, it works fine when I disable the subs. Is this a font problem or is my pc too weak?

I did that, i just wanna get rid of some space and text and make that he did didn't group tabs.

>pc too weak
this

The bug has been happening for a while, just need to wait. I just use hover or a new tab as a work around for now.

See:
github.com/ccd0/Sup Forums-x/issues/1547
bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1412617

damn, i figured this was the case. thanks for filling me in

pc/specs?
heavily stylised subs require some cpu effort, yes

>delete torrent in qbittorrent
>move files of said torrent somewhere else
>Download torrent again in new location of those files
>qBt keeps checking it infinite times. It doesn't take forever to finish checking. it just checks the torrent again and again.
How do i fix this? I want to move my torrents but changing location in torrent isn't clear. I'd rather move my files manually and re-add torrents in client.

The same way you upgrade any Windows os. Just make an image backup before you do it

How do I get a tabbed file explorer on windows 10?

There's windows ltsb, not bad I'll say. it doesn't come with Cortana, or any other bloat that hogs your resources. I like how it also just gets security updates once in a while and doesn't receive those "ground breaking" features Microsoft wants you to use.
There's a dummy proof guide over at r/piracy that lets you download ltsb and how to activate for free.

how to download video that is embedded in flash? it's a streaming site but I can get back to segments of it and I'd like to download one such segment but FF add-ons don't detect anything

My XPS is averaging about 50ms ping when it's right next to the router.
It will also regularly cut out and drop packets.
Is this a faulty WiFi card?

try putting the url into youtube-dl
even if the site isn't explicitly supported, youtube-dl also has a generic extractor which works with a number of sites

If the drivers and Windows are up to date then yes probably. Try disabling all firewalls and see if it still happens.

how do i change this to icons.

Is it possible to use "shortcuts" on Dropbox on Windows? (reference to another file like the file is in the Dropbox folder)

Should I buy a NAS bay with a built-in UPS or extra?

Seriously, how the hell do you manage to get an Exchange mail account to work on linux? I've been trying with both Evolution and Thunderbird; the set-up works and I manage to get e-mails the first time I log in, but every time after that it can't connect to the server.

in qbit, right click the torrent and select "Set Location"

What am I supposed to do with old phones? I just upgraded from a Galaxy S III to a Galaxy J7. I also have an ancient HTC One V.

qttabbar works well on windows 8 and should work for 10 qttabbar.wikidot.com/

lol im retarded. I'm not moving from drive to drive so it should be instant. But problem remains. Why does my torrent keeps re-checking itself when i already have 100% of the files it contains? It just fixed itself now for no reason after 1.5 hour.

Use them as target practice

you arent using the latest version, are you? 4.x.x versions are said to be veeery buggy and not recommended by anyone right now. best to stick to 3.3.16

How do I make a simple LAN data server that can be accessed by PCs and phones?

ssh host

My laptop keeps shutting down unexpectedly and I have no idea where to start trying to figure out why. The heat was originally under 30 C when I turned it on (it booted much slower than normal) and the temps are stuck to where they are now which feels a bit warm to the touch considering I just have five tabs and speccy open. I did notice that the storage temp rose above 40 a few times and that some time ago it was hitting almost 50 and my laptop was experiencing the same thing. My ssd is nearly full (~20 gb left free), and I was wondering if this might be the reason.

forgot pic

Download the Acer diagnostic tool and see if it finds anything. If it's still in warranty then just call them

Is there any good reason to use Windows 10? I want a reason to run it on a VM inside another OS.

Yeah, if you've bought a game from microsoft.

Ironically enough you can now run linux within Windows 10 now

seeing how awful it is to really make you appreciate whatever os you're using

thanks

Why does everyone say systemd is bad?
Is it bloated?
Is it botnet?

>use lineageOS
>it has option to scramble PIN entry
>only use PIN on boot because I have fingerprints set up (sue me)
>decide I'm happy with my configuration and won't be installing any other ROMs for a while, so encrypt my phone
>the boot PIN prompt is now some sort of built-in Android keyboard that isn't scrambled
>fugg

tl;dr: is it possible to somehow randomise the positions of numbers when decrypting Android on boot using a pin? Or is it hardcoded deep and can't be changed realistically?

Would a i5 8400 enough for some

My PC is stuck in POST for a long time when booting, up to three minutes. What could be causing this?

>Will a processor that just came out be good enough for games more than a decade old?

I'd really like what you're smoking right now

Also posted this in /spg/, please help

My phone died in the cold while I'm overseas. The first time it happened I managed to revive by bringing it indoors and charging it. I decided to bring a power bank the next time, and while it immediately revived when I plugged it in, later on the phone died again and this time it's not responding despite being warmed up indoors and being charged.

It's a HTC10, what do? I really don't fucking want my lifeline to die while I'm on holiday. It's been an hour since it's been indoors and still not responding

8gigs of ddr3
fx 6300
r9 270x

Go into BIOS and reset it to factory defaults. If that doesn't fix it try updating it.

Never had to rely on CPU integrated GPU before. I watched some videotest. But i still feel like i needed to ask.

that's definitely not "too weak"