>2018
>Still using anything that isn't LED

"Holy shit, uncle really is old!"

I just switched from CFL to halogen

fag

I donÄt throw away working lights. I replace them by LEDs.
BTW, how much watts do I need for a normal room? I currently use shitty ones. I have LED bulbs with 9W but they donÄt fit because they are too big.

I still use cfl because they came with the place and none have failed yet.

that's a broad question and depends on the room. The wattage equivalents are usually correct but I'm partial to going a little over kill on wattage.

>Spend $5 on lightbulbs a year
>Get a nice, warm, yellow, natural light glow
>BUTS ITS INEFFICIENT!@#!@!!!!
How expensive is electricity where you live that a $65 LED bulb makes any sense?

>$65 LED bulb

2012 called, they want their prices back.

no your right, most led bulbs are $15 each now.

They're still massively overpriced and not worth it

I pay about 21cents per kwh, is it really worth the switch from cfls and if so what bulbs should i get?

I can't believe they succeeded in taking what was the cheapest and easiest thing to replace in your house (sure they burned out but they cost pennies to replace) and retarded it up to at least $5 a bulb in you're lucky. That's some primo grade kikery. And while they do seem to last a bit longer these fuckers still burn out a couple times a year.

You could, at least, try not to ignore daylight bulbs if you're a retard that's using the "muh natural light" argument.

>No UV light fucking up your shit
>No glass/Hg to worry about if it breaks

It's worth it

the point still stands, you don't want daytime light at night, when you're supposed to be preparing for bed eventually.
I mean, sunsets, come on.

I use LED's in my office and they trick me into thinking it's always daytime
also not sucking like CFL's is nice

Woah, can't help but see you made a mistake there.
Here I fixed it for you. Poor stupid people buy CFLs because they want to save money on power but the light they product is disgusting, they contain mercury and are overall shitty bulbs.
Average middle class doesn't give a shit and uses incandescent because they give the most pleasing light.

I thought halogen was the same as sunlight because they're both black b

25 cents / kilowatt hour, my Cree bulbs paid themselves off after 1 year

I literally bought an 8 pack of 60w equivalent GE bulbs last year for $24 lmao get the fuck outta here

I have two sockets that blew incandescent bulbs relatively frequently, like a few times a year.
Replaced with LED and no blowing problems. So beside power savings from using LED I also saved on replacement costs. The LEDs may have cost more but not having to replace them three or four times a year pays it off pretty quick.

yea ok.

say I believe you, how many are still working?

>the point
Your point was "muh natural light". Nothing about beds and sunsets, you fucking moron.

*black-body radiation

Not him but I've got 8 year old Philips and Cree LEDs. None have died yet.

i've never had a led in anything device die on me yet

Too poor for a total replacement, but all lights that stay on all night are LEDs and the others are halogens.

>they cost pennies to replace

Really? This is your justification? I can run an entire PC for under 60w average. You’re telling me you think a fucking wire that emits light should use 60 fucking watts (an entire computer, check it with a wattmeter on a standard home computer tower if you don’t believe me), are you autistic? With LED technologies I can leave 6 rooms lit 24/7 for the cost of a SINGLE incandescent. Fuck off with your jew meme, the adults are talking about actual efficient technologies. How can someone be so stupid?

From reading, the likely point of failure will be the capacitors or damage from humidity. But it's been 8 years and being in Florida the bulbs are constantly in 80% humidity, even higher in the bathroom and they're doing fine. The break even point for the bulbs was 3 years so even if they break tomorrow I've saved money by using them.

sunsets are natural light, you moron.

so is burning trash in 55 gallon drums

there are some cheap chink led bulbs, but I've been told that those can fuck your eyes or even have a little too much UV and that you should keep to brand names like Phillips
or maybe they were trying to jew me even tho I trust the person that told me this

>$5 on lightbulbs a year

I get it, you choose to not include the insane electrical costs to that total because it would BTFO your entire argument

>$65 LED

nice try again shitposter, LED bulbs cost about $3. And they last an insane amount of time.

you're furthering my point.
we evolved with yellow firelight as a night time lightsource, of course light skewed that direction would be more favorable.

>using any kind of electric lighting
>mfw comfy circadian rhythm

so burn some garbage in the living room if thats your ultimate goal

It's not so much as searching for yellow light. It's avoiding blue light that's important. If you're so paranoid about this shit, feel free to use the warm light bulbs for your bedroom.

What kind of shitty computer are you using that only uses 90 watts

forgot pic

Office machines shitposting on Sup Forums. Just because you have a 700w powersupply doesn't mean it's going to draw even close to half of it most of the time if all you're doing is shitposting.

The average computer only uses 60w nowadays to run. Power efficiency has massively increased. My “gaming” desktop only uses 150w idle. My Xeon server uses 40 isle, 80 under load. Thanks for avoiding the argument though. You just proved you don’t know anything about lightbulb tech OR computers.

A high end rig uses 50W on idle.

whom*

that theory doesn't seem to be as well supported. computer screen tinters go for very yellow light.
not to mention, that would violate the whole 'anything but LED' thing.

>computer screen tinters go for very yellow light
what does this even mean? Everything always start to look piss yellow whenever the "bluelight filter" is on.

Just because you got one with a bad solder joint doesn't mean everyone does.

yellow/orange, not green, as per the chart.
the kind of statistics you need to take a side in not-blue vs more-orange are not here.

> calling people uncle

pajeet detected

All LEDs light are blue LEDs with phosphor that can only lengthen wavelengths (towards red).

>changed all bulbs to LED
>electrical company rises energy cost
>higher monthly payment

wat, normal bulbs are forbidden in my country, but leds cost about 4 €

>Stay with halogen bulbs
>Electrical company rises energy cost
>Even higher monthly payment

>not being an uncle

underage detected

Don't worry, someday communism will die.

>needing light in the first place

I hate how this board got overrun by "normies"

I use CFLs because they are very cheap, they last longer than LEDs in our experience and they're comfy. I have two 8 watt lamps in my room for like 10 years.

> Six Cores
> High End

>they last longer than LEDs in our experience

Wut?

His experience is that he's only owned cfls

shitty old house wiring can cause this. LED's are a bit more sensitive to dirty power than other bulbs due to the need to convert to DC

I use only incandescent bulbs in my home. Practically everything else is bad for ham radio.

All three processors are plenty powerful fir anything you'd like to do on a PC, streaming included.

navy electrician here. we have some 350W bulbs we use for spotlights and some flightdeck lighting. Outdoors + sea + salt +350W bulbs and you can do the math on how often we replace them.

EM noise is probably the only legitimate argument against LED bulbs

Where I live the price of energy isn't artificially inflated by globalists and CFLs would never pay for themselves let alone LEDs.

They are just expensive and inferior.

where do you live you lying cunt. Even at ten cents / kwh an LED bulb breaks even after 3 years.

it costs 3 cents / KWh and I never had one of those bulbs actually survive two entire years.

bullshit, no place on earth has 3 cent electricity

Get cheapo chink shit LEDs that are just a rectifier+smoothing cap+resister. They're less efficient but don't make noise like the ones with switch mode power supplies.

dirty power

You can tell they have electric lighting in the foreground

Oh no it's mostly nuclear and hydro

lel thinking hes talking about carbon emissions for power

That's not what I meant
see

Sluta kolla på watten, och kolla på luminensen istället.

Oh that can be certainly be the case.

Halogen is like vinyl

you can get high CRI LEDs for areas like the kitchen, in fact you'd be retarded not to

>only one type of White LED
I call bullshit on this comparison

I'm using halogens they are more efficient than regular incandescent and do provide GREAT color temperature and seem to have longer lifespan

99+ on CRI is not 100

(I have only leds on both my big house, like a hundred lamps, just jocking)

>not using fluorescent tubes in your basement bedroom's drop tile ceiling

Just saying, bad CRI is a real thing with shit tier LEDs

>And while they do seem to last a bit longer these fuckers still burn out a couple times a year.
I don't know what you're talking about with this shit. I have CFL bulbs that are on for at least 6 hours a day and I haven't replaced them since around 2010. I'd replace them with LEDs if they would just burn out already.

i actually fell for this meme

>obsolete cuckbulb costs $3
>lasts 1 or 2 years
>wastes electricity
>superior LED lightbulb costs $6
>lasts 20 years
>uses significantly less electricity
>"durrrrr LED is waste of money and has a slightly different shade of yellow that isn't exactly the same as the good old natural color of electricity flowing though a metal wire inside a glass bulb also LEDs are a globalist jew psyop that lowers testosterone and turns you gay with prolonged exposure that's why i only fap to futa now fucking jews!"

>not using LEP lights

poorfags, everyone

>power company came and replaced all my GU10 halogens with LED for free
>even gave me dimmables on the dimmable circuits
>2kw less draw to light my entire house just from bulbs
>mfw they are all still working 5 years later

srsly, fuck led shit. my ginger cat looks greenish in this light, like goddamn sloth covered in algae.

I exclusively use incandescent. The color spectrum is superior and the heat it gives off is comforting. Sure, like other quality items you can't get them everywhere and it costs more to use them in the long run, but that's the price of superiority. Only a moron looks only at the initial cost.

98% of those corn cob LED bulbs are absolute crap with 100 Hz flicker

What's the best anti cancer type of lighting? I know fluorescent and sunlight aren't ideal. What kind of light gives off the least UV and whatever else speeds up skin cancer?

Get bulbs with CRI>=90

Does your family have a history of skin cancer?

LEDs

None of the bulbs you can buy for indoor lighting output any significant amount of UV light.

If you get bad Chinese CCFL/LED bulbs with shit light spectrum and flicker, they can give you metaphorical eye cancer, though.

>newfag thinks he knows shit

Are you an albino?

Yes, asking for their sake though. We currently have led bulbs. Worst thing about them is they take a second to warm up.