When did RAM started looking so retarded

When did RAM started looking so retarded

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CAS_latency#Memory_timing_examples
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

it's sitting in the box by my feet
why would i give a shit what it looks like after i first install it

When the gaymers realised they hadn't fucking ruined it yet.

A LONG TIME AGO

I heve seen rgb mousepads
Where does this madness ends?

It never will. Eventually, even the human body will be affected by the RGB trend. RGB skin, irises, fingernails, etc...

this
and fuck dominators, my hands still hurt even though it's been years

this, I have some pretty gaudy DDR in the closet still

around the time graphics card started to look less retarded.

>the ones without LEDs cost more

That's different, though. The metal cover is to cool down the RAM so it has an actual function and isn't simply there just to make it look autistic.

DOMINATED

kek, I had that OCZ ram. I just got it cause it was cheap. That heatpipe was ridiculous.

What the hell is that device in the picture?

>cooling down RAM
Autism.

Uhh excuse me but the colors do effect the tempeture. Blue lights make the ram cooler, red makes it faster and hotter

Based Mushkin

you've never overclocked the RAM in your home server? no wonder you can't get a real sysadmin job

The RGB trend is so cancerous. I went shopping yesterday for a regular case fan but all I could find were overpriced fans with unnecessary RGB and LED lighting.

Poorfags like myself are forced to pay extra for basic shit like case fans and mouse pads.

You're assuming he knows how to copy and paste, this boards quality of discussion took a huge fucking dive and that's saying alot.

>Corsair CMX 400 CL2
>We will never have CL1.5-2-2-4-CR1 timings again.
I even got those to 492MHz on slightly looser timings.
RIP glorious tight bastard.

>Hey guys look at me, I have no idea what those numbers mean!

>Hey guys look at me, I have never used DDR400 before.
>Hey guys look at me, I have never AMD Athlon64 during the Pentium era before
Pick both.

The g.skill one looks pretty cool baka desu senpai

It saddens me that people seem to think latencies listed are absolute times and not related to frequency.

Protip: your latencies are much worse on that old shit than modern stuff.

WOW
NO SHIT!

4000MHz RAM is faster than 400MHz, who would've thought?!?!?

Now let's say there were 4000MHz RAM at CL5, run those against the ones we have today that runs at CL14 and see which would have lower latency.

need not to reply, you've already proven you're retarded.

>4000mhz ram at cl5 is faster than 4000mhz ram at cl15
wow who woulda thunk it

fact of the matter is in absolute response time of your 400mhz cl2 memory is slower than modern memory with even cl19 latencies
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CAS_latency#Memory_timing_examples

even if you somehow understand this and are just shit at conveying your thoughts, you're still retarded.

>overclocking
>sysadmin job
absolute state, etc

>absolute state
kek, did you not see
>home server
no shit you need absolute state in production. you also need to understand how everything works, and then how you can fix things when everything is on fucking fire (when the client doesn't spring for a service with scaling resources)

>projecting after proving himself to be retarded and illiterate.

Where in did I say 400MHz are faster than today's RAM?
Hint: I never said shit about current ram speeds vs old.
I said TIMINGS.
Learn to read, learn to not be retarded, stop moving goalposts, and a Sup Forums favorite, stop being autistic.

dude your comment was
>We will never have CL1.5-2-2-4-CR1 timings again.
which is objectively stupid because we have improved on those timings even though 19 is bigger than 2 wow how crazy!!!!

>I said TIMINGS.
Timings are completely irrelevant, latency is what matters.

I just want small ram that doesn't block the fucking cpu heatsink god fucking dammit! When the fuck does ram even get hot?

Ram can get real hot if you are oc'ing. But nobody does that. Some ram that's higher than average speed can run a little hotter, so it makes sense. Especially with ddr4 nowadays almost doubling its rated speeds from factory.

this is all you need

Give it back, Jamal

this too

The moment you grew up. Unfortunately, most gaymers still haven't.

It costs nearly 300 burger bucks for 2x2g back then thanks to the shitty ram chip company shutting down with a global short supply. Since then been riding value rams.

unlike modern ram, old DDR and DDR2 could actually get hot. kys vidyakiddie

protip: latency have barely changed at all over the last 10 years because they increase timings to increase frequency

> gaming iris
> gaming fingernails

Didn't ASUS release a RGB microphone?

When kids and pseudonerds became pcmr types

>FUCKING NORMIES I WANT MY BORING GREEN PCB BACK

I miss simple metal heatsinks without any clutter.

So true. Back in the day they were protective heat sinks. There's no fucking reason for LEDs though

Yes, now fuck off