390 aged like milk, barely runs anything on medium

>390 aged like milk, barely runs anything on medium
>Vega still overpriced and out of stock everywhere

I want to upgrade but I don't want to support Nvidia....

What should I do?

390 hasn't aged too bad user

390x oc aged fine but yeah it really cant handle 1080p at ultra 60fps or even high-medium now

Best get a 1080 or wait for volta

whatever is cheaper 4u

buy amd

Wait for miners to stop buying all of the AMD gpus or suck it up and buy a 1080.

Upgrade your celeron?

Just buy a 1080 ti and everything will be good.

y dont you want to buy Nvicia. Just suck it up and buy the better gpu's. The only amd cpu worth buying is the 580, but a 1070 destroys it so its not the best.

390 is good for 720p but on the bright side you can get it for under $150 on ebay nowadays

What the fuck are you faggots talking about. 390 can run pretty much any game and will for the next 5 years on reasonable settings on 1080/1440p. It won't be max, but it'll be 100+ fps

>1080/1440p
>reasonable settings
No one is going to play 1440p 15 fps

Are you a fucking retard? I'm never dropping bellow 144 fps on 1080p on the last COD game on high settings.

vega 56 is worth it as a gpu.

the only one to avoid would be vega 64.

t.GTX1070 owner

As someone who uses 780, I call bullshit.

>390 aged like milk
My 280X is still working fine at 1080p.

>performs as stock 1070 with way less OC headroom
>even undervolted draws anywhere between 50 to 100W more
For 400 it's not bad I guess

>fellow nigger
I sold it to a friend, I wanted an ITX build and the 450W PSU just wasn't cutting it.

Stock for stock Vega 56 is faster than a 1070 - the whole reason the 1070ti exists is to beat Vega 56 in that price bracket.

When is mining going to end?
1060 6gb should be a 200$ card and 1070 cost about 350$. Not to mention the AMD prices that are even more inflated.
At least china is going to put a stop to the RAM cartel.

You didn't really check the current prices of vega56, did you?

Buy a used nvidia. I'm serious. You do not want to have an AMD gpu anywhere near your computer.

I've been trying to find something for a reasonable price used as well (kijiji or whatever, not ebay). Eventually broke down and bought a 1050 OC for wife's computer for $150CA because the 550-560 are pleb tier performance for around the same cost. I've only ever owned 1 nvidia card out of about 20 but I'm sick of this shit that's been going on with cards.

Being a poor fag is your problem

Indeed.
bjut its not 50 to 100watts unless you OC
and OC'ing a amd card has never been worth it.
at best its 40watt difference

350USD is nothing compeared to 800NZD i paid for my card.
stupid poorfag.
fuck the stock market and fuck this island.

the 1070ti cost infact the same as a vega 56 and both are about the same in gaming power.

if your paying those prices your in for the long haul anyway.

besides freetards don't play games so they mars well use a $20 GPU

>still 290x
>still runs great at 1080p

maybe upgrade if volta is good

>When is mining going to end?
Not anytime soon

This is a card maker's problem, not a miner's problem.

>This is a card maker's problem, not a miner's problem.
You mean an artificial scarcity problem?

Yeah, that sort

I know they spend billions RNDing the gpus but besides the "AMD’s Vega architecture uses the second generation of high-bandwidth memory (HBM2) from Hynix" I dont understand why cant they produce more gpus to meet the demand.

"They" don't produce the GPUs, chip fabs like TMSC do, and I think they're trying to tackle unusually high demand now.

I suppose things are just going to get worse as billions of 3rd worlders need new smartphones in the coming years.

>390 aged like milk, barely runs anything on medium
>390 aged like milk
look, its retarded. the only gpu that aged like milk was fiji and that was because of its horrible front - back end balance and limited 4gb vram for such a high tier card. does horrible at 1440p. fiji was, and always will be a huge fucking mistake and a giant blunder on amd. hawaii on the other hand aged like finewine with the 390 still performing right up there with the 480 / 580 and face fucking the 970 at budget 1440p gaming.

i bought my vega 56 for $430 on newegg new a week before thanksgiving. vega pricing has been up and down like a roller coaster. you just have to keep checking. they do come in at msrp or near msrp. only time they're are retarded pricing is when retailers only get like 5 in stock. when i got mine they had enough in stock that newegg had three vega 56 models in stock for an entire week from $420 - $440 burger bucks. gigabyte, powercolor, and xfx. even though they're all the same and manufactured by amd, I paid a but more and got xfx since i like their support the most out of all three. gigbayte was $420 and had a $20 rebate card though.

newegg also had a vega 64 in stock on their ebay page for two days for $460 two weeks before thanksgiving.

Let us suppose OP's claim of hawaii aging like milk is correct (its not, but lets roll with it) - what phrase do we use for how well big Kepler (780, 780ti, titan, titan black) as aged?

This card seems better for 1440p but still not fully capable. I usually use resolution scaling to around 150% in BF4 and change the rest of the settings accordingly. Might as well use that 8g vram.

Just get a 1080 with a gsync monitor and get it over with, AMD will never make it in the graphics department, At least buy Ryzen though.