>Another year goes by with no thumbnails in the filepicker
Explain yourselves GTKucks.

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/GTK+#Thumbnail_support_for_GTK.2B_2_file_dialog
bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=141154
pastebin.com/jbXbrk5J
reddit.com/r/gnome/comments/7mw718/support_the_gnome_foundation/
pastebin.com/DbjH0msP
reddit.com/r/gnome/comments/7mw718/support_the_gnome_foundation/#bottom-comments
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>use OpenSuse
>get filepicker
feelsgoodman

werks for me

Git gud, fagucci.

>bloat
lmao no thanks

This. Install Arch with Gnome and AUR, and install this package. The meme is dead, folks. The meme is finally dead.

Is this a meme or a feature I'm supposed to actually want?

I wish I had this view in Cinnamon

Another year and Loonix still can't do folder previews like Windows has since XP.

Another year and Windows users still can't figure out simple tasks like Linux users have since the first kernel.

>linux 1.0
nothing was simple at that time, getting the floppy disk images from the internet was expensive, writing an Xfree86 config file that was compatible with your monitor was a pain in the ass, compiling the kernel was a drag on a 386

t. Slackware 1.0 user

Good thing you were better than the average Windows user, huh?

Why not just change the file picker? The elementary one is pretty good at it.

wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/GTK+#Thumbnail_support_for_GTK.2B_2_file_dialog

i think gnome devs(fags) don't care about 2

what do you mean?

How is the misunderstanding of what the issue is this fucking common? Take a second to think before you post.

linux was great for ip_masquerading (NAT) to share internet on local network and so much more stable than win9x.

Windows can show previews of a folders contents, in this example the folders contain images.

Linux can't do this.

Works on Dolphin/KDialog

wow, stop being such a bully.
it's new years eve

Where / how do you configure it?

Just enable previews, nothing special.

go to roblox.com and follow install instructions

He said GTKucks though. You failed at reading OP.

Just wait for GTK4 :^)

Is this really GTK filepicker? I'm using KDE just for thumbnails, would gladly come back to GNOME

oh god no

yes it's the filepicker with the patches from this guy applied, you need to patch gtk2 or gtk3 and glib2

bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=141154

Fourteen years.

Huh, so someone actually patched it. Gonna try it tomorrow. Thanks user, I might come back to comfy GNOME!

Noob here. Where can I find this patch and how do I go about patching it?

>pastebin.com/jbXbrk5J
I put the links to the patches here as hiro thinks i'm spamming

I guess this is a good thread as any to ask

Is there a custom file picker for windows???
I am currently running win 8.1 and really struggling when uploading images on Sup Forums, I have hundreds if not thousands images and having no tags basic windows file picker is a pain.

cheers user.

So do I just run the bottom 2 commands in my terminal? On Debian btw.

no you have to compile the packages with the patches applied but it's going to fuck with the packages installed by apt. on debian I think you can just forget about it.

reddit.com/r/gnome/comments/7mw718/support_the_gnome_foundation/

LET'S HAVE SOME FUN BOIS

>even reddit knows this meme

pastebin.com/DbjH0msP

those are links to the binary packages (x86_64 atom or newer cpu), they are tar.xz archive so you can just extract them with tar xvf *.pkg. on debian system libs will probably be so outdated that they won't work.
try at your own risk.

testing

looks like garbage

>saving frogshit

It does. I'm not a fan of Nautilus and I use pcmanfm all of the time. It sucks that GNOME insists on using Nautilus in the filepicker.

What user would actually find this useful?
To me it'd be confusing, I'm glad it's the way it is now

yaourt -S gtk2-patched-filechooser-icon-view gtk3-patched-filechooser-icon-view

H O L Y
F U C K

?

Use gwenview

>We have one member who is working on the file picker actually. But it won't come out next cycle, possibly the next cycle.

>Also consider that our donations will actually help us focus on things like the filepicker. Resource starving us until you get what you want doesn't work on operating systems nor on free software projects.

2019 IS THE YEAR OF THE LINUX THUMBNAIL
reddit.com/r/gnome/comments/7mw718/support_the_gnome_foundation/#bottom-comments

Isn't GTK open source? What's stopping you from adding thumbnails yourself?

Many patches have already been written even one by a Sup Forums user. Gnome devs are just very unresponsive and don't really care about making changes like this.
They'd rather go around and break everyone's themes, add ugly ass title bars to every window, and more stupid shit than work on a feature request that's been around for more than 13 years.
My guess is that Ubuntu tells them they need specific widgets for their phone shit and Gnome works on it.

christ, no wonder nobody likes gnome devs

Why do you faggots always insist on creating this thread without posting a link to the actual bug report? The only way these threads provide any entertainment value is when people actually post on the bug report to pester GTK devs. Nobody gives a shit about "muh filepicker maymay"

Sup Forums is an imageboard; it often makes use of images.
The filenames of Sup Forums are the epoch at the time of upload.
These filenames are not descriptive, and many Sup Forums users do not name their files "sad_face.jpg" or "dog_meme.png". Instead, they use the default filename. Because of this, when trying to upload a file, you have to manually click each of these files until you find the one you are looking for. With thumbnails, you can easily find the image you're looking for and select it. It's especially useful to people who have large amounts of images, and upload images on a regular basis. It's not only helpful to Sup Forums users, but to people who do a lot of graphics design or work with graphics a lot.

Not just thumbnails, but right-click and opening the file in a program while using the file picker, because sometimes you have a webm, video, text file, whatever, that can't be previewed with a thumbnail and right clicking and opening it lets you preview it manually.

it's a super simple thing that windows does that linuxtards can't figure out

So gnome users are actually so dumb they can't name their files and you winder why developers treat them like idiots?

Is there a way to get Firefox to use some arbitrary program as its file picker? e.g. ranger in a terminal or sxiv (pic related).

>he can't compile his own GTK with Icon View

of course there is, it’s all open source. just modify the code and compile your own binary. if you don’t have the skiils pay someone to do it for you

what's even more disturbing is no preview for webms

what if you use a chromium fork

>$current_year=ever
>Expecting gnome devs to fix something.