RSS

ITT discuss RSS.
Does Sup Forums use RSS?
If so what for?
What RSS reader does Sup Forums use?
I use RSS mainly for yt channels cause I don't want to make a jewgle account, or deal with there video recommendations. I use Akregator as my reader.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RSS
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>RSS
>2018

Just podcasts.
Why is there no good desktop/mobile synced podcast manager?

I use the built in RSS reader in my browser.
I use it to stalk bloggers

i use it to record internet radio shows and put them into private podcasts just for me

>implying there's something better for aggregating news and info that's not pure botnet

I use qbittorrent's RSS reader to automatically download my chinese cartoons, it's pretty fucking nice.

whats rss and how does it work?

this isn't the stupid questions thread, but here you go:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RSS

News
Quiterss

I made an rss aggregator in python that takes manga chapter releases, combines them into one feed, uploads them to a free webhost then they show up on the homescreen of my phone.

Used to use yahoo pipes to do the same thing but now it's kill.

inoreader is a good rss client, i use it for news, podcast, and youtube

Anime torrents

Web comics/serials. I use Firefox bookmarks.

> 2018
> Still nothing better than RSS

Just follow the blogs you care about on twitter and facebook. So much better, and you can share what you read on sad panda with your friends and family.

rss2email mustard race reporting in.

twitter feeds are polluted, and can't handle personalized update feeds, also it doesn't interface well.

>Just let the feeds offered on a limited-medium, proprietary platform decide what kind of information you consume. It's so much more convenient than a universal, platform-agnostic standard!

Is it considered stalking when that's literally the whole point?

I was using quiterss but now I am trying newsbeuter (newboat). It's ok, fast and simple. I don't have too many feeds though

Atom is better, RSS is quite shitty once you've read the spec (oh wait, there is none) and hacked around the dozens of buggy incompatible implementations of it

PocketCasts?

I've used ReadKit and NetNewsWire a lot on OS X. But after switching back to GNU/Linux, I'm struggling with finding nice alternatives. Liferea is ok I guess, but not as nice as the established OS X applications. Newsboat and snownews is ok for reading news in a terminal tho.

Guise! Just stop hosting your own service that you can customize and subject yourself to twitter and facebook so that they can collect your data and censor what they don't like!

post it sweetie
was looking into doing that too, but ended up losing motivation a few lines in

QuiteRSS

I use it for YouTube, anime torrents, and manga updates.

been checking it out for quite some time but is there any way to sync it with my phone?

With quiteRSS? No, as far as I know. It's possible with other clients though.

foss clients?