Can NordVPN be trusted?

can NordVPN be trusted?
also, is Kaspersky really the best anti-virus?

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com/amp/s/www.theregister.co.uk/AMP/2017/10/05/anonymous_report_russian_spies_used_kaspersky_lab_software_to_steal_nsa_secrets/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

No, Kaspersky is a Russian company and therefore cannot be trusted.

what is the best free anti-virus?

>Anti-Virus
>Free
>Good

Pick one.

all right, what is the best antivirus?

Unironically, none.
If you feel like you must use an AV, the only option to consider is Windows Defender.

>Windows

gee, two threads for nord out of nowhere

link me to the other thread

You can't trust any VPN service more than you trust your ISP. Especially if they are located in the 14 eyes. Really the only one I would ever "trust" would be ProtonVPN, but that's just because they have the stupid SecureCore servers located inside Switzerland. But again, they're a private company and you don't know what's going on without an independent audit.

yes and no. VPNs can be trusted, what cannot be trusted are third party servers that vpns use.
Leos wont even go to vpns especially ones based outside 5 eyes, they will just go to server providers that 90% of them are based in USA or western Europe

You should just assume all VPN traffic is being routed through NSA servers. Just like tor

Common sense 2018.

This.
You'll avoid 99% of problems with common sense. You only need some free shit to protect from that 1%. That said I've had avast for 8 years and the only time it actually triggered was when I was doing stupid shit in college. Ever since I got common sense, no problems.

This applies to American companies too, one note from one of your secret courts and they've got to bend over and take it up the chufter.

>antivirus
>2018
What are we talking about?

kaspersky internet security is the best.
it nukes anything, all the botnets and cryptominers it destroys everything.
it's piracy safe too, pirate all you want, nothing in that torrent will get past its defenses.
it's not free but i got a trial resetter crack for every 30 days.

don't listen to commonsense idiots, they are brain dead and are just waiting to have their windows reinstalled 3 times in a month when their "common sense" failed them.
retards. they're like the inbreds with 9 kids who don't believe in using condoms..."coz hurr just use common sense and pull out"

jews hate Russia therefore kaspersy is more trustable than all the jew murican companies.

>not posting the one argueing the exact opposite as well

stupid american

Why would you even want a fucking antivirus bullshit on your computer?

stupid columbian

ESET Nod32 has been my favorite especially since being added to chrome.

,':^/

nice try NSA

>can NordVPN be trusted?
I trust them not to keep logs, other than that, no.

What is there other than that

If you have a VPN on while torrenting and your internet goes out for 5 minutes and having the VPN be off for 5 mins is there anything to worry about?

Yes, the Intel Management Engine is still on. ME_clean your shit.

He can't because his "thread" is actually just somebody mentioning Nord casually

Any company who's main selling point is "muh security" is 9/10 already compomised.
Literally just accept the fact that nowadays the only "safe" VPN is one that you secure yourself.

What do you mean?

I read you can set up nordvpn to auto kill a process once the connection cuts.

Though I have no experience with the program, lurking here because I'm also thinking of getting it.

Nord is trusted as much as VPNs can be trusted.
Avast is the best free anti-virus from my experience, but Windows Defender + the occasional MBAM scan is more than enough unless you're downloading XXX_teen_titties.mp4.exe

I picked up 3 years of Nord for $99 during the holiday sale and can confirm that there is an auto kill for set applications when the connection drops

just use openvpn and use windows firewall as a killswitch

no need to use their application

I recently bought NordVPN for two years because they were pretty cheap and I google'd something that works in Linux. Now people are constantly talking about trusting NordVPN and always NordVPN, like they are considerably less trustworthy than the others. Why, what did they do?

I actually have PIA but didn't wanna make a whole thread for one question. I was just wondering what happens to someone if they download something even for 5 mins with the VPN off

>Kaspersky
Russian botnet
Use Common Sense 2018

Kaspersky was complicit in at least one breech, possibly more.

google.com/amp/s/www.theregister.co.uk/AMP/2017/10/05/anonymous_report_russian_spies_used_kaspersky_lab_software_to_steal_nsa_secrets/

You'd have to be a moron to use it.

Found the paid Russian troll

There you go booda

>mentioning casually
you mean casually posting images and text about their current sale trying to get people to buy multiple years worth of access?
eat a bag of dicks

try again, cia niggers

no
no
/thread

Daily reminder that NordVPN is a kike botnet

Common sense 2018