/vr/ general

VR thread

why don't you own a vive edition

Is my i5-7300HQ (Laptop CPU) bottlenecking my GTX 1080 Ti?

I am running an eGPU rig and went balls deep to get a gtx 1080 ti (Im aware that I only get the performance of about a gtx 1080 through eGPU). Should note I also have 8GB 2133MHz RAM

I'm now realizing that games have a higher maximum framerate, but still experience low framerates quite often. I often get reprojection/stuttering and I can't raise my SS above 1.3 or 1.4 without problems usually.

Did I fuck up?

Keep your toys on

Fuck you

>why don't you own a vive

I ain't gonna touch VR/AR until they are literally a better replacement for a multi monitor setup.

I'm not gonna play games, and as this point, a toy for gaming is all VR is.

You are poor

I bought a rift in the sale and I am happy

You're processor limited. You've reached the maximum frame rate that your CPU can support. The GPU can still push more pixels but for each frame it's waiting for the CPU to be done with the game's logic.

You're a gaymer who wastes money

>vermin detected

>vr rig
>laptop
>1080ti
>eGPU

The absolute madman.
I'm sorry to tell you that but you did indeed fuck up.
You should have gotten a 1080 and build a proper pc around it. eGPU really woun't cut the mustard for vr.
Bottlenecks can be spotted easily by logging with perfmon on windows. Just log the utilization during gaming.

I'm playing Karrtong now for a bit and later Rec Room.

>1080ti qgpu
oh shit nigger what are you doing

>why don't you own a vive edition
It's almost twice the price of a Rift + Touch bundle where I live. I'm not going to pay twice as much just to try VR out, even if the tracking is better.

>why don't you own a vive edition
you must hate your money to buy any VR that isn't at least something like the pimax 8k
i'm waiting for any pimax 8k competition before i buy anything, 1080p vr is doa

I prefer the touch controllers and the headset not being 5000 lbs. Also, Robo Recall

investing in fun and good mood is definitely not a waste.
Just because you can't afford it doesn't mean it's a waste. You poor little shit.

What was actually good for VR in 2017
Games I played and liked:
- The Climb
- DiRT Rally
- Echo Arena
- Miyubi
- Robo Recall
- Superhot VR
Games on backlog:
- DOOM VFR
- From Other Suns
- Lone Echo
- Onward
For all the "VR has no games" posters, it seems strong
Basically nothing in 2018 AFAIK though:
- Brass Tactics
- Echo Combat
- Something else?

>t.

>you can't do both

I actually hit reader age 13 at age 20 then reverted to age 13 gamer around age 24. Books are boring and don't off that much more story to warrant the time spent on them. Unless it's Moby Dick. that book rocks.

The worst hmds out there are from pimax. Everything except the resolution is absolute shit. No idea why the fuck everyone thinks the new pimax will be great.
Their 8k campain is nothing but a scam.
Also the pixel grid and resolution is less important than you think. Gameplay will be the same.

I liked DoomVFR a lot, no idea wtf is wrong with steam reviews.
Its soo much better than stuff like Arizona Sunshine.
Reviews are basically people blindly hating it because no free locomotion, then they install a hack that adds free locomotion and than they write a negative review because gameplay made them sick.
Fucking idiots.

Yeah I'm ok with dash if it's done nice, smooth is a bit of a meme
Shame no multiplayer though, was underrated on PC, but I guess unrealistic to even populate

i like my vive, but i'm getting a displayport to hdmi cable
doing gpu and integrated gfx at the same time didn't seem to work out for some programs

the pimax 8k won't be out until q3/4. And even then the current pimax is crap compared to the vive. So I do not hold out much hope for its quality.

Because the rift was half the price and I had been wanting one since it was just originally a group buy for parts and a fit kit. That said I should've jumped ship when they got bought by Facebook but I had to see for myself. I'll get a vive when the next gen comes out

>Moby Dick
[WHALED]

you're going to be waiting for awhile i imagine

Serious sam is fun in vr.

>I'll get a vive when the next gen comes out
Vive 2 probably won't be out until early 2019.

Which is fine since that will put it after the launch of volta when a $200 GPU will be able to handle it.

>tfw this is literally my build
feels good man