LineageOS

Why should we trust it?

Other urls found in this thread:

download.lineage.microg.org/
github.com/lineageos4microg
lineageos.org/legal/
androidpolice.com/2013/09/19/steve-kondik-and-koushik-dutta-shed-more-light-on-the-future-of-cyanogen-inc-and-cyanogenmod/
androidpolice.com/2013/09/19/focal-camera-app-removed-cyanogenmod-developer-xplodwild-leaves-team-first-fallout-incorporating/
androidpolice.com/2013/09/20/it-looks-like-oppo-is-cyanogens-first-hardware-partner-cyanogen-will-be-at-the-n1-announcement-on-september-23rd/
androidpolice.com/2014/11/28/the-oneplus-one-wont-have-cyanogenmod-in-india-because-micromax-has-been-granted-exclusive-rights/
androidpolice.com/2014/12/19/emails-from-indian-court-docs-show-cyanogen-oneplus-relationship-ended-poorly-cyanogen-ceo-is-kind-of-a-jerk/
androidpolice.com/2015/01/29/microsoft-invests-millions-cyanogen-inc/
androidpolice.com/2016/01/05/cyanogen-os-12-1-1-with-cortana-integration-is-rolling-out-to-the-oneplus-one/
androidpolice.com/2015/03/24/cyanogen-inc-ramps-up-the-rhetoric-to-maximum-crazy-will-partner-with-blu-to-launch-a-phone-with-no-google-apps/
androidpolice.com/2016/07/25/steve-kondik-reassures-community-cyanogenmod-is-here-to-say-calls-app-pivot-untrue/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It's open source just audit the source code yourself :^)

>implying Sup Forums does this

AOSP is better than this shit

It's open source.

bug you tell me :^)

>using the smiley with a carat nose

I don't know if I trust it, but is comfy on my chinkphone and it does exactly what I ask it for.
The privacy guard is good too.

Is your vegana open source or proprietary ?

Explain

Open source..?

LineageOS is better than this shit

ok, I think I'll fork it then

>PajeetOS
No

This is actually funny, lol (:

hey girl wanna merge my commit

Good security track, they communicate with users and are relatively transparent regarding development.

>:^)

I don't get it. It's just a fork of what used to be CM

Who gives a shit. botnet is botnet.

werk fine here
too bad getting microG to work is a pain in the ass

Exceptional open source purity

AOSP is literally 'the minimal android'. It's simple and stable, and doesn't have jewgle apps, too.

it's open source. I'm unsure if it's been audited, but just the fact that it's open source means there is probably nothing wrong with it. To date, I don't recall the CM or lineage team every getting caught trying to put in any botnet features.
Regardless, you should not be using lineage straight from the devs. If possible, use the micro g branded version of lineage os which supports signature spoofing and has micro g already setup.
It's very minimal and you are also (mostly) free from the google botnet.

just wanted to add you can grab the micro g lineage builds at download.lineage.microg.org/

and why should I trust microg that their compiled version doesn't include any botnet feature?

because their version is also open source. You can find the source here: github.com/lineageos4microg

>you should not be using lineage straight from the devs
that's open source too, what's your point?

perhaps I should have clarified more. The reason I said not to use lineage straight from the devs is because they do not enable signature spoofing which makes it impossible to use micro g. By extension, your only two choices are to flash gapps OR go completely google free which will pretty much limit you to what's on fdroid, and many parts of android such as notifications won't work at all.
I recommended the micro g build because you can get a ROM that will function with 99% of apps without needing to flash gapps.

Sup Forums is this much insecure xD

Nanomod includes a patch among other goodies, that can enable signature spoofing on any ROM i've encountered so far (and that's basically all the popular ROM's for Redmi note 3 and 4)
You can also add F-droid and Yalp store with Privileged extensions. I usually flash google play store just to register my device and DL my paid apps. Then I remove play store and flash Yalp afterwards.

So, just like lineage, an AOSP based rom

>it's open source.
It has the same proprietary drivers from android :^|

Too bloated, I'd rather use pure AOSP or ROMs derived directly from AOSP.

PostmarketOS blows them all out of the water
eventually

Still depends on proprietary drivers, it'll be the same as Android.

It just werk
good security
can use every app with yalp store and microG
it has everything i need without bloat
muh AOSP, i want my phone working and supported by dev

>falling for that meme

They are lazy fucks and they getting BTFOd by other roms by releasing Android 8.1 builds before LineageCucks. AOSP 8.1 has been out for quite a while now and they are still rebasing.

They fixed the WPA2 crack before Google's incompetent numales did. It's fast, it's easy to use, and it gets excellent battery life.

NOTHING TO HIDE, NOTHING TO FEAR! RELEASE YOUR SOURCE CODE, CIA NIGGERS!

Anyone also had issue with audio media policy in bluetooth?

idk how bad I did, but I'm okay with Slimrom

i don't.
not since kondik literally sold cm and lied to everyone that cygb wouldn't affect cm in any way.
Then McMaster happened.

I'm glad i switched to OmniROM back in the kitkat era.

>This lazy at baiting
Come on.

Can you elaborate? It's not as if their development team has been caught implementing shady software. And it has remained open source throughout all of its phases.

>lineageos.org/legal/
>INFORMATION WE HAVE

>Certain information (e.g. a device unique anonymized ID, device model, etc.) is transmitted to us solely for the purpose of measuring non-personally identifiable installation metrics. Unless otherwise stated below, this information is not used for any other purpose.

>Information we store from the device
>The unique anonymous ID of the device (this ID changes upon device factory reset)
>The device model
>The version(s) of our software installed on the device
>The country from which the device registered
>The wireless carrier(s) to which the device is actively registered
>Information we store from the contributions to our code review platform (Gerrit)
>Email addresses for registration and to facilitate review
>Signed Contributor License Agreements (CLA)
>IP addresses, SSH activity, and API access may be logged for rate limiting or to prevent abuse
>Information we store for cursory services
>Email addresses for registration to wiki and bug tracking software
>IP addresses may be logged for rate limiting or to prevent abuse
>Additional information you may provide us
>Bug reports submitted to assist in providing support may contain Personally Identifiable Information (PII). While we will do our best to prevent the collection of this information from processes within our control, your usage and submission of this data may contain PII and you should take steps to sanitize and validate this data prior to submission.

You shouldn't.

So did they finally get the theme engine working or no?

How? I literally downloaded the version with it already bundled, flashed magisk, installed systemless xposed, and it all just werks

systemless xposed doesn't pass safetynet

is there some sort of FOSS/Open Source tutorial for android?

my phone has a custom recovery already but i don't really know what to put on it or what app stores to use to get gapps replacements.

i know this isn't a tech support forum but this stuff is fairly undocumented

>Certain information (e.g. a device unique anonymized ID, device model, etc.) is transmitted to us solely for the purpose of measuring non-personally identifiable installation metrics. Unless otherwise stated below, this information is not used for any other purpose.
>You may opt-out of LineageOS device statistics via the Privacy menu in Settings on the device.

How else are you going to use your phone which requires proprietary BLOBs to boot?

tl;dr: they only store actually anonymous data (I highly doubt any sort of correlation can be built from the device, carrier, and country). Unless you create an account on their wiki or code review thingy, in which case they store your registration email and ip, the bastards!

No, seriously, this is one of the few sane analytics programs. This and Dolphin are the only things I'm comfortable leaving on.

Does lineage with normal xposed pass it?

>We have your information, but we won't do anything bad with it or get compromised, promise
>Opt-out rather than opt-in, just hope the setting never accidentally gets reset or ignored teehee
Yeah, fuck off Lineage shill.

Get the fucking nanomod you fucking retard.

no

i already did you nig, still can't pass safetynet

> We have your information,
No they fucking don't

The post I replied to didn't say anything about safety net, only that it's hard to install microg. It fucking isn't.

>Yeah, fuck off Lineage shill.
Stop pretending shilling for open source software makes a semblance of common sense. Second, there is a system app you can uninstall and which prevents just that. Forks of it do just that, but sometimes insert their own app for the purpose of installation analytics, which is also easily removed.
Try proving this for a start.

Fpbp.
In the time you are spending in this post you could take a look at a few files in the lineageOS source.

/thread

it still is a pain in the ass cause the fucking moralfag niggers at lineage won't allow signature spoofing by default, i shouldn't have to go around looking for nanomod's patch

Download nanomod
Flash it in twrp
FUCKING DONE
Works on any ROM.

> Try proving this for a start.
I'm not going to audit their source code, but I'm referring to their privacy policy thingy. If they're not lying in it (and the project is well-known enough and with enough contributors that I'd expect something like that to get caught quickly), then your analytics really are properly anonymous.

So, what was the problem then?

What are the alternatives?

>the start: announcement and breakup of devs (forming OmniROM)
androidpolice.com/2013/09/19/steve-kondik-and-koushik-dutta-shed-more-light-on-the-future-of-cyanogen-inc-and-cyanogenmod/

androidpolice.com/2013/09/19/focal-camera-app-removed-cyanogenmod-developer-xplodwild-leaves-team-first-fallout-incorporating/

>oppo as first partner
androidpolice.com/2013/09/20/it-looks-like-oppo-is-cyanogens-first-hardware-partner-cyanogen-will-be-at-the-n1-announcement-on-september-23rd/

>fuck our contract, we've got a better deal
androidpolice.com/2014/11/28/the-oneplus-one-wont-have-cyanogenmod-in-india-because-micromax-has-been-granted-exclusive-rights/

androidpolice.com/2014/12/19/emails-from-indian-court-docs-show-cyanogen-oneplus-relationship-ended-poorly-cyanogen-ceo-is-kind-of-a-jerk/

>including botnet for shekels
androidpolice.com/2015/01/29/microsoft-invests-millions-cyanogen-inc/
androidpolice.com/2016/01/05/cyanogen-os-12-1-1-with-cortana-integration-is-rolling-out-to-the-oneplus-one/

>nullet through googles head
androidpolice.com/2015/03/24/cyanogen-inc-ramps-up-the-rhetoric-to-maximum-crazy-will-partner-with-blu-to-launch-a-phone-with-no-google-apps/

>no worries cm will stay
androidpolice.com/2016/07/25/steve-kondik-reassures-community-cyanogenmod-is-here-to-say-calls-app-pivot-untrue/

Ask these people:

oreo when

>RELEASE YOUR SOURCE CODE, CIA NIGGERS!
They should, but I implied it's a meme because for all the time and effort that goes into open source projects, few if any goes into meaningful auditing. Open source isn't inherently more secure by just because it's open. That can help, but it can also lull people into a false sense of security. Backdoors can- and often are obfuscated in plain sight.
You shouldn't blindly trust things just because they're open. You shouldn't trust google which develops android. On top of that, mobile phones have closed broadband chips which could render all your attempts useless.
Not that simple.

Hey user, probably too late but I have a chinkphone too, redmeme note 4, and I was thinking about changing to lineage. Did you see improvementsfrom MIUI? Specially battery life.

OP5T when?

finally, being on this shit site pays off: your post is another of those rare gems I keep coming here for. microg lineage looks interesting.

replace them with freedom

I bought exactly the xiaomi redmi note 4 with the purpose of putting lineageos, the unlocking of the bootloader is annoying*, but now the phone is fantastic.
The battery last a full day of intensive use, maybe more if not, the system is fast and responsive.
Privacy guard is good, the fingerprint work perfectly and the camera is good.
MIUI was too chink for me, I wanted a fine tunable OS, without bloat.

*for the motivation I wrote that I don't need no Google in my life and wanted to remove all that bloatware

Tits or gtfo

>being a triggered retard who responds every time he sees it