Private property is a good thing, lad

Private property is a good thing, lad.

Other urls found in this thread:

warosu.org/g/image/mC0vkuao43_Ge8GcOdMuvA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

commies/freetards hate private property

Freetards contest the idea that ideas are property, not that private property is a bad thing.

Keep defending your NSA botnet, pajeet.

But property is theft, user.

Right. Proprietary software would be like renting instead of owning the property you live on. Where as open source would be equivalent to actually owning private property. How are you not getting this again?

Then they should keep binaries for themselves too, it's their private property, lad.

Go back to Sup Forums

Why, is this your safe space?

>implying Sup Forums uses the CIAnigger Operating system (Windows)

Sup Forums use iphones and phonepost, you're right

This.

Your computer is your private property, not other's.

>Where as open source would be equivalent to actually owning private property.
imagine jumping through this many mental hoops to think something you got for free from a rando online is in any way owning private property

actually wrong
try reading your retailers policies babe

It is, but only for physical objects that you can tangibly touch.

I guess you know what everyone on Sup Forums uses, how did you hack so many people hackerman? Go back to russia

Proprietary software and private property is two separate things.
I get the relation you are trying to make: communists thinks means of production should be owned by the people (state) rather than the individual and I get why you want to conflate this with software as well.
But we must analyze WHY this is bad in order to see if it applies to software as well.
In my view, this removal of private property in regards to means of production is bad because you are punishing the people who contribute to society.
Eg, if I want to make a business, I would typically start this from my own home, then when I get successful, I would hire more people, get a bigger place etc.
If the state would confiscate my house as soon as I was making enough money to hire another person, I would probably not grow my business to do this.
This means the business would never flourish and this is one of the reasons all communist societies have been plagued by poverty.
From this I reached the conclusion that having people owning the means of production is a good thing.

Now if we say the same about software:
If I make a business selling a product and my means of production is software, why shouldn't I be able to own that software?
If I contract a person to make some software for me, why is it bad that the contract states: X amount of monthly payment, I get the software when it is done?
Free software is a way to do this.
With proprietary software, you start imposing extra conditions when handing over the software.
You say: only install it on these approved systems, only use it for these purposes, don't share it when you expand your business, don't modify it or don't help the community by sharing it.
You essentially swap the state with a private company.
You can pay a tax which allow you to lend access to a system you have to pay for but cannot own.
Why is that a good idea?
Why is it suddenly illegal for a farmer to fix the software on his tractor he paid for?

>imagine jumping through this many mental hoops to think something you got for free from a rando online is in any way owning private property
Because you control the software, not some pajeet writing backdoor rootkits into it for the NSA. The only reason things are closed source is they have something hidden in the software they don't want people finding out.

warosu.org/g/image/mC0vkuao43_Ge8GcOdMuvA

>implying Sup Forums knows what an OS is
>implying Sup Forums doesn't love botnet-y (((proprietary)))) juice-identification browsers

lmao i love how this automated thread gets replies every single time

commie and libertarian cunts are so predictable

Only the reddit migrants on Sup Forums are that retarded. Actual anons there know about all the government backdoors in software/hardware and avoid them. You could have looked less retarded.

>Actual anons there know about all the government backdoors in software/hardware and avoid them
Majority of Sup Forums are phoneposters using an iphone because it's "american" and allows them to attempt to "score pussy" being the eternal virgins they are.
Any of them who actually cared already moved on to other chans when moot started getting aggressive with the google integration on this website.

but what do i know im just a wee lil ol lady