Using this

Using this.

Give me -one- reason to switch to W10.

It's not based on a mobile ui for one. And any kid bitching about privacy is terribly ignorant of what their ISP and Google are doing. Let alone any social media.

Install GNU/Linux.

Mobile apps can actually be used like regular windows and you're always getting updates

I use Windows 7!

You shouldn't, you should switch to Linux.

Fuck off freetard.

I use Windows 8.1 w/ Classic Shell and its comfy

Do you like to be watched?

We're all on Sup Forums so yes

I can’t really give you any good reasons honestly.

I have two gaming rigs, one running W7 and one running W10 because the motherboard only supports 10.

After turning off all of the cutesy bullshit Microsoft added to make W10 like a smart phone, the UI is similar to 7, but not quite as good.

They also ruined solitaire.

no (you)s for the attention seeking namefag roastie.
she knows herself.

To be mined
To have your system resources used up mysteriously
To automatically search the internet
To have a confusing line between apps and programs
To lag it all
To have your CPU scream

You arent wrong, but your argument is still ultimately flawed. Just because some products that are commonly used are ran by greedy kikes doesn't mean that kind of behavior is acceptable for other products.

>i dont know how windows works help :(
btw there is no "confusing line" between apps and programs you retard

Reference the settings panel, master Guinea pig

Your ISP can only see what you're doing online.
Google can only see what you're doing with their services.
Social media services work the same way, you choose what personal information you want to share with them.
Windows 10 does not work like that. It has access to all the files on your computer and you have to go to great lengths to prevent it from doing so.

Gaymes!!!!!!!!!

this

Yesterday it worked
Today it is not working
Windows is like that

>he uses pirated windows

ISP and Google can't see through my https connections or see what programs I'm running. Windows 10 can.

What social media? I only use antisocial media like 4chin.

Pirated? It says right there that it's licensed under the Microsoft terms to Yuliya Yuliya.

>Google can't see through my https connections
They don't need to when your search history, email, and files on Google drive are already stored on their servers.

What, you don't type the domains directly or use bookmarks (or at least Disconnect) when going to places you don't want to be tracked?

On Windows 10 there is no escape.

I'm using 7, why should I switch to 8.1?

dont. just get classicshell

I switched from 10 to 8.1. There's 90% less stuff you need to kill on a fresh install. It's the same thing, but I do miss launching apps/search with Cortana

DON'T. GO BACK TO 7 IF YOU CAN TOO

win10 went really downhill it is probably developed by pajeets now

win 8.1 with classic shell is much better and stable choice

Not op but i was looking at windows AME , but i don't trust someone elses version of Windows 10, i just want a up to date, GUTTED windows, i planned on making my own install ISO from a install i will 'debotnet' myself using a guide and have programs i want pre-installed so i can just install this version i want instead of going through all the shit over and over every install (i install onto multiple computers)

Bump, ill make a thread if need be

this
>all the programs work on it
>no driver issues
>no spying issues

the only reason to use windows10 is if you want to use DX12, and the only reason to use 8 or 8.1 is if you have a touchscreen and want to use metro

>Windows 10 does not work like that. It has access to all the files on your computer and you have to go to great lengths to prevent it from doing so.
And Windows 8.1 is any different in this regard? Do you even have any clue what you are talking about?

Make your own version. It's really not that hard and it will completely be your own fault when shit goes wrong. Get an iso, use ntlite, get comfortable with group policy, resort on sources like blackviper, and use the necessary tools to minimize connections to and from your computer without breaking what you use.

>Dumb niggers can't read

There is none, because there is no reason to switch to any version of Windows. There is also no reason to begin using Windows, other than your weak mind falling for social signaling from other weak minded people.

>other than your weak mind falling for social signaling from other weak minded people.
its funny because that's literally the only reason linux is talked (and used) around here

test

>filtered

>literally the only reason
That's impossible, because not wanting to have your entire OS consist of proprietary software is one reason, and that isn't social signaling.

Inb4 "games is a reason for Windows"

How did you know the post number if it was filtered?

>All needs covered by Linux except for gaming and media production
>Not using a windows machine for final set of needs
>Not knowing how to stay secure and private
Fag

>board filled with social signalling
>U CANT SIT WITH US IF U DONT USE ARCH
>b-b-but its not social signalling
KEK

>hurr durr muh google
one thing is Google, a company with a pretty good track record when it comes to not using your data for evil things which you can simply opt out of.
Another thing is OS and ISP level, cuz of free market memes, most of the time people only have a choice of 1 on the matter, so yeah.
Don't, i loved 8.1 the entire time i had it installed, with classic start menu and all, and i even grew to like the normal start menu quite a bit more too
Windows 8.1 is the middle ground between Windows 10's very poor design and up-to-date stuff and Windows 7's tried and tested base.
Don't trust Microsoft. ever.

The state of Sup Forums. Justifying using Google services.
>good track record
Disgusting trash. Your skin tone is probably brown with that retarded logic.

Windows 8.1 until (update number), just like Windows 7 is free from telemetry , after that update, windows 7 and 8 are just as botnet as 10 always has been

Fight me faggot, Google has my nudes, fingerprints, voice, credit card number and browsing habits. I trust them because of their good track record and it's my choice to share all that info with them. With Windows you have no choice.
>m-m-muh skin color
I'm white (not amerimutt "white"), but fug off anyway, Sup Forums

Use NTLite or MSMG Toolkit to roll out your own version.

Or just use LTSB.

DirectX 12 and 3rd party driver support

No good games currently use DX12 as the only DX version.

use w10 lgbt, install classic shell, and run the debloat powershell scripts. its basically w7 with w10 improvements.

>he's actually retarded and insecure
KEK

It's dead in a year or two, end of security patches = dead, don't touch even with a pole.

Google mines you for that data and sells them. They use it for ads. Heck, they probably use much more of it than MS and use it much more heavily.
Yo say you think that Google never "betrayed" you. Have Windows 10 done that, ever?

So that line of reasoning is pretty BS, Google is more aggressive company (and more risky), I think there is no arguing that. People thinking MS is somehow worse are just naivelly dwelling on some "big bad corporation" and fight-da-powah.org small underdog challenger illusion that may have been true in 1990s, last time. Maybe.

I was satisfied user of 8.1 but I just switched by 2016. I can't really remember what was the exact new features (besides the obvious advantage of being on the current version and have sure support till 2026).

Aren't there some useful UI changes, taskmanager, explorer or like that? CMD is improved I think. Usually you quickly forget about all the little things as soon as you get used to them. I forgot about all the stuff that was posted about W10 during its development.

> Have Windows 10 done that, ever?
Yes? Duh.
>i think there is no arguing that
what? yes there is, Google does not control your computer. You choose to use google and you have a ton of power to limit it from taking anything from you, even if you do use some google services. I live the botnet life cuz i trust google and i do appreciate convenience.
With Windows, especially 10, you have no options, and M$ never tells you exactly what data it steals from you.

>Yes? Duh.
When, where, proof?

my windows apps folder contained files for applications i have never installed, including advertisement videos and more. This i consider the violation of my private PC space. I can't prove (nor do i care enough to), because since then i migrated to Linux full-time.

Better start menu, better update system, some apps require Win 10, multiple desktops, same level of spying but win 10 offers more options to limit it, great notification system. So nothing particularly mind blowing but a nice update. Considering how much longer Win 10 will be supported it's the obvious choice.

>autism
>what is preinstalled apps
Also, is that all you can come up with? Then that's pretty weak sauce compared to Google constructing your browser history across IPs, cookies, profiles, anonymous mode and keeping it forever.

I think you go to paranoid tinfol-levels with msitrusting MS but then you give Google complete trust although it's the company who's whole business is datamining and ads.

/thread

One more thought for your consideration: there's a lot more people looking into Win10s spyware shit than the other Windows versions, even though practically all of them through 7 upwards have had telemetry updates.
I'm not even sure if anti-spy tools for those Windows versions exist.

>preinstalled apps
but that app wasn't installed
afaik, there was no evidence of that app anywhere on the computer, nor did it have any place if it or some component of it was pre-installed because it's candy crush or some shit.
>weak sauce
xD
>constructing your browser history and cookies across IPs
that's something i rely on every day though

>Yea fuck off freetards, I like being spied on. It's my duty to give the government free hand-jobs. You all are evil communists, acting like you can't pay for anything. I like paying for operating systems, it's free market brainlets!!
Being a republican doesn't exclude you from brainwashing on the same tier as libtards.
(I know I have no reason to assume you're republican, user, I just have a republican friend who thinks like this and bothers me (sorry for my autism))

>getting rid of proprietary software isn't staying secure and private.
>it's safe for software developers to use their software's closed nature maliciously, unbeknownst by its users
You're the real fag. user doesn't need to know how to be sort of private and sort of secure on Windows when you could be truly private and truly secure on Linux with infinitely less effort.
>focusing on how the board is filled with social signaling instead of user's clear, non elitist reason for using Linux
Cure your autism with cyanide

Inb4 "muh games" as well

What's suddenly going to happen when there are no security patches? Is everything going to suddenly not work? Nope, so, get told.

Dont bother, they both have that unfixable bug.
What do they call it? Atom bombing?