pastebin.com/Bs5kyfLZ
>Where to Buy:
pastebin.com/NiCfGaW7
>FAQs:
pastebin.com/e3yMyn6F
>Keyboard wiki
deskthority.net/wiki/Main_Page
>Keyset wiki
keypuller.com (web.archive.org/web/20161101152119/http://keypuller.com/)

Previous

Other urls found in this thread:

armyourdesk.com/products/drevo-joyeuse-96-key-ultra-thin-aluminium-alloy-white-led-backlight-and-wireless-bluetooth-3-0-mechanical-keyboard
amazon.com/DREVO-Calibur-Wireless-Bluetooth-Mechanical/dp/B01MQVIIBB/
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIABY76NV9847&cm_re=zalman_keyboard-_-9SIABY76NV9847-_-Product
amazon.com/Mechanical-Illuminated-Industrial-backlighted-EagleTec/dp/B01LWLIRSC/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1514844554&sr=8-6&keywords=cherry+mx&th=1
amazon.com/Velocifire-Mechanical-Illuminated-Anti-ghosting-Copywriter/dp/B01M0QEYR4/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1514844554&sr=8-4&keywords=cherry mx
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823129074&cm_re=MasterKeys_L_PBT-_-23-129-074-_-Product
mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=3169
mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=2516
mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=2566
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

COOLERMASTER MASTERKEYS S PBT OR THE TADA68 THATS ON MASSDROP RN

Tada has way better keycaps. Get the one with an aluminum case.

picked up one of these thin havit keyboards, just got it yesterday and I'm really surprised at the build quality for only $60. The blue switches are Kailh, which I've not heard of before, but they feel really nice. They're closer to reds in terms of noise too, in that they're hardly noisy at all for blue switches.

can't i just put different keycaps on either if i so please

>ssk matrix has no issues with gaming
>press W and S: QEAD are dead
>press A and S: 12 are dead
>press Caps and A: S is dead

And many more. SSK matrix isnt even a good one when talking about avoiding this kind of shit.

Azio's MK-C keyboard when? I need to impress my inner child with those cool LEDs
bet I would slay so much pussy with that bad boy

no idea, hasn't happened since

Are you sure you got the blue switch version? Kailh click bar low profile is one of the louder clicky switches out there.

Maybe they're just quieter than I expected them to be at least, but yeah they're blue switches. Still pleasantly surprised because I thought they would be too loud, but they're perfectly tolerable.

>press w and s
in what game would you ever need to press those two at the same time

Got my first mechanical keyboard
Was really excited to use one after using a low profile membrane one and reading mechanical switches hype
And I cant fucking get used to it!
Its very sad that I am using it for a month and i just get used to it, I make all kindz od typos

Mind advising wat do?
Will i get used to it or should i be membrane fag fogever? Is there a scissor switch tenkeyless keyboard out there?

why would you then buy a mech if you don't like the travel of it?
buy some cheap and chunky orings, they reduce the travel and give you smother feeling when you bottom out.

I dont know i didnt know i wasnt gonna like it :/

What switch did you get? If you are making typos, just get a stiffer one, or a more tactile one.

It has cherry mx black, i found the blue variant very loud

What is that and where do I get one

Drevo Joyeuse:
armyourdesk.com/products/drevo-joyeuse-96-key-ultra-thin-aluminium-alloy-white-led-backlight-and-wireless-bluetooth-3-0-mechanical-keyboard

Hey, I got an ancient laptop keyboard I'd love to reactivate as an usb/ps2 device. Somewhere I've seen that sometimes laptop keyboards can be reactivated with a pcb pulled from cheap keyboards. The flat ribbon connector has 17 pins. Is there any specific name for these pcbs or ready made solutions?

looks kinda similar to MK-C. maybe i should get it? it's either this or the apple magic kb since I want a minimalistic kb

Anyone have one of these?
>ASUS Cerberus RGB Mechanical Keyboard Kaihua Brown

>sacrifices performance over games
or rather
>can't afford Topre switches
back to

Its a good option, yes. Rappoo MT500 is also something to consider, but its profile is a little bit higher, although still way thinner than regular MX switches/keycaps.

That's tough. I unironically enjoy the apple mkb.

Cheers m9

>games

What? Are you implying low profile and high actuation are the same thing? Well, most speed switches these days, like cherry silver, have highter actuation than a kailh choc. Even your RGB topre meme has a 1.5mm actuation setting.

>and it's Bluetooth
Fuck me I don't need this but I want it so bad

Any of yall niggas have macro keys? Do you use them? I used to have macros for typing pre-set phrases into chat boxes in LoL, like talking shit, but besides that I can't think of anything useful to do with them

what keyboard is that?

How's the build quality on the vortex p0k3r boards? Say compared to a ducky.

Friendly reminder, this is the best mechanical keyboard you can buy right now.
>Metal body
>Better keycaps than Cherry
>Removable cable
>Reprogrammable macros without software
>LGBT lights
>Excellent build quality
>Premium typing experience

I want a keyboard for less than 50$, It has to be quiet, backlit and not 10 keyless. It's mostly for typing, and work. A long cable would be good.

How's that small Drevo RGB one in your pic? Anyone used it before?

Found it on amazon:
amazon.com/DREVO-Calibur-Wireless-Bluetooth-Mechanical/dp/B01MQVIIBB/

looks fucking ugly. RGB is a major gimmick too, it's nice for about an hour, then you realize if you're not looking at your keys when you type (which you shouldn't be), it's completely pointless. I bought a K70 RGB several years ago and haven't used any of the RGB features since pretty much the first few days I got it.

That's okay, user. You can turn them off! It's still an excellent keyboard for a great price

What's a good, cheap, fullsize keyboard with brown cherry switches? RGB is a nice bonus if it's individual key programmable; if it's not then the RGB is literally worthless to me.

>100 hours without any operation
>50 hours without any light on
>5.9 hours when all the light is on

i.e. it's a wired keyboard. Too bad, like the design, the battery life is a joke.

For that price go ask in /csg/.

>paying more than $10 for a keyboard
literally lmao'ing at you rn

Is there any sort of standardization for cases? (like motherboard sizes?)

I want to build or print my own but have no experience in that area yet.

>Razer
into the trash it goes.

Not being able to pay more than $100 for a keyboard that won't mess up your hands for life.
Lmao at your life! :^)

but I can buy a more durable keyboard with better build quality that will last much longer for not much more money. if that keyboard was like 30 bucks cheaper i'd say its worth it compared to the better ones out there

>needing a keyboard
>not just sending signals to computer with your brainpower
your life is a joke to me, kiddo

Why?

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIABY76NV9847&cm_re=zalman_keyboard-_-9SIABY76NV9847-_-Product
How bad did I fuck up for buying this?

You wont find a backlit board much better than this. My VB87M, probably the wireless mech with the best battery out there, only lasts like 10 hours with leds at maximum.

don't ask genuine questions, this place is all marketers trying sell their readymade crap

Only for 60%, almost every one theses days follow Poker hole positions. Some TKLs follow costar standard (Filcos, Wasd, some CM, KBP, etc), but not many.

Are you serious? Shitty switches (greetech), shitty keycaps, non-standard bottom row, bad RGB leds, bloatware software, floating switch design aka incomplete case to sell "metal cases" for retards.

Just get a finger exerciser and that takes care of any hand problems you might have.

Why are you so mad? It's just a keyboard senpai

Rosewill RK-9000V2 BR
Cooler Master Storm QuickFire XT
Cooler Master MasterKeys L

Which one??

Razer is grade b gaymer garbage, enjoy your razer botnet sport.

>Shitty switches (greetech)
These switches have an 80 million keystroke life span but cherry has 50 million
The Razer green switch feels nicer than cherry blue imo
>Shitty keycaps
Don't worry, you can change them for any keycap that fits cherry
>Non-standard bottom row
What?
>Bad RGB leds
They are pretty good
>Bloatware software
You don't need the software to change the lights and macros, don't fret
>Floating switch design aka incomplete case to sell "metal cases" for retards
I hear you, but you can also get a non floating key version (pic related)
I understand if you don't like Razer senpai, they were an edgy meme gaymer company, but you should give them a chance, like all of us, they're learning.
Have a great 2018 user

amazon.com/Mechanical-Illuminated-Industrial-backlighted-EagleTec/dp/B01LWLIRSC/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1514844554&sr=8-6&keywords=cherry+mx&th=1
This keyboard uses Outemu blues which are pretty good for the price.

Quickfire XT is inferior. Rosewill and Masterkeys are essentially the same keyboard (costar made), but Masterkeys has better keycaps. They are both great, but neither of them has good stock keycaps.

Take a look on iKBC CD108 / iKBC TD108 / iKBC KD104 if you want something good and cheap.

I think the issue is that they still make their keyboards look too much like the old, more gaymer centric designs with the unnecessary edges and retarded glowing logo on the bottom. If they simplified and slimmed down the design to something more boxy and simple ala filco they would be a great option for the average person, but until then they're still just a meme.
also their software really needs to stop being a literal botnet

Oh sorry didn't read the quiet part in your post. Get the Brown version in that case.
amazon.com/Velocifire-Mechanical-Illuminated-Anti-ghosting-Copywriter/dp/B01M0QEYR4/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1514844554&sr=8-4&keywords=cherry mx

There's also the whole thing with anyone who sees your rig will think you have the mind of a five year old who likes stupid shiny lights on something you aren't supposed to be looking at anyway

>80 million
thats pretty low. decent rubber domes have 50 million. some of the new cheapo gateron switches have 100 million which is in okay territory. It would've been better if they were rated for 1 billion like on some of the premium switches out there, but I doubt razer would spend that kind of money

Thanks for the constructive reply, user. I agree, the logo and edgy design are old and bad, and the software is cancer, but they're working on it. You can also turn off the backlit logo at the bottom of the keyboard. You can change the lights and macros on the keyboard itself, and if you're good at coding you can make your own software to change that on your computer. Happy new year senpai :3

I like the iKBC KD104, might go for that. I don't see it saying anything about anti-ghosting. Should I assume it has it? This is the first time I'm actually buying a keyboard. I've always just picked one up from a pile of thrown out computer parts in my garage when I needed a new one.

membrane logitech k120 was the most quiet keyboard I've used. full sized though.

That's great! Don't worry, the key doesn't just give up after 80 million keystrokes. In testing, they were shown to last over 200 million strokes, but it is guaranteed to last at least 80 mill. I think after the 80 millionth press of a single key, you've got some good use out of that keyboard, and it's probably time for an upgrade anyway, wouldn't you agree?

>These switches have an 80 million keystroke life span but cherry has 50 million
Bullshit numbers, obviously. Razer switches are rebranded greetechs, and those are rated 50 milion actuations. I really doubt they can even come to that, as their crosspoint contacts are not gold plated, unlike kailh, gateron, cherry, etc. Razer switches are one of the most inconsistent switches out there.

>Don't worry, you can change them for any keycap that fits cherry
Not with a non-standard bottom row. Also, pretty retarded to buy a overpriced keyboard with shitty keycaps when you can find cheaper ones with doubleshot PBT.

>Bad RGB leds
>They are pretty good
Yeah, nah. They use those through-hole 3mm RGB leds, when pretty much everybody is already using RGB SMD leds. Through hole leds always have a smaller life, simply because: 1 - they need more power 2 - keycaps hit the led top every time you bottom out the switch.

>You don't need the software to change the lights and macros, don't fret
And yet you loose a lot of functionality.

>I hear you, but you can also get a non floating key version (pic related)
Sure, but its not metal, like you wanted to imply on the other post. You are just repeating this stupid bullshit maketing that a "metal" surface keyboard is somehow better, when its just a regular board with a metal plate (that pretty much every mech has) with an absent top frame.

Yeah, pretty much every mech is nkro or at least 6kro these days. You dont have to worry about ghosting anymore.

The Cooler Master MasterKeys L is more preferable because of the Cherry MX red keys with PBT caps for $80(shipping included)
although not double coated.
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823129074&cm_re=MasterKeys_L_PBT-_-23-129-074-_-Product

I would recommend the Cherry MX blues with double coated PBT keys for $100. Definitely worth the extra $20.

mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=3169

G610 and o-rings

they're too expensive and don't look that good imo. Ducky One RGB keyboards come with steel construction, double shot PBT keycaps as stock, superior LEDs. Seriously they outdid themselves, they used standard SMD LEDs on completely separate PCB that you can get to without having to desolder the entire keyboard. This gives them even lighting and makes it modder friendly so that you can replace them with aftermarket ones pretty easily. The macros/media keys/ mouse control are also nice features too since you don't need any shitty software too. I also like the minimalist design on them. I would like it if they came with options for different switches that aren't cherry shit, but thats okay I guess. I bought a used one for cheap which I'm taking apart to replace most of it with kailh's new box switches and brighter LEDs. It ended up being cheaper then buying a custom kit from some group buy that only comes once every ten years

>80 million
They have been tested to last over 80 million. The contacts are gold plated and the switch is waterproof and dustproof
>Keycap
It is a standard bottom row, you can also buy keycaps for these keyboards from most online vendors
>LEDS
That's a fair point, but the current ones really are alright
>Metal or plastic
Having a metal non floating keyboard would be pointless, to be honest the metal floating key one is pointless too, I agree

I'm not a consumerist whore like you. I buy something then use it until it breaks. I'd rather spend 110 bucks and buy something that will last for a guaranteed 30 years then 75 on something that lasts 5 years

Not OP but you should probably leave this board if you're not switching your keyboard at least once per month

>It is a standard bottom row
>this shit:

Are you sure you know what a standard bottom row is? Is a 6u spacebar, for fucks sake.

rubber dome collapsed?
literal sticky keys?
That isn't a plum84, which is a $100 RGB programmable topre. And for an extra 100 you can upgrade it with BKE and a metal case.
rollover and ghosting are 2 different things user.

You're certainly entitled to that opinion, user! It's not for everyone :3

>I buy something then use it until it breaks
thats the definition of a consumerist whore

>ignoring the hard facts on why its shit
okay user

>:3
kill yourself ASAP

>rollover and ghosting are 2 different things user.

Sure, but ghosting is just something that comes from a matrix that tries to mitigate the 2/3 kro limitation and fails on some ocasion. A 6kro board will never have ghosting.

It's really not as bad as you make it out to be. Sure, there are technically better keyboards, but for the price, you can't beat this IMO

Valid argument

>thats the definition of a consumerist whore
correction
*consumerist snob*
a consumerist whore is something else entirely

>but for the price, you can't beat this
but you can, and that's what makes it shit as others have pointed out

That's great! Could you share some examples?

user instead of doubling down on your position perhaps you should be more open minded to the criticisms about the Razer mechanical switch rather than taking the criticisms as personal insults. May I ask, do you happen to own a Razer Chroma? Not trying to insult you but just curious.
mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=2516

did you read the thread?
see
cooler master was also mentioned and that's better then both those mentioned above
If you simply read the thread you would've stopped posting that overpriced trash

>all those switches
JUST

anyone else join the norbaforce GB?

>and the switch is waterproof and dustproof
Jesus Christ, just stop posting.

Yeah my bad. I was honestly just trying to find the most flashy Ducky keyboard that was within the range of a Razer Chroma. Meant to post something like this.

mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=2566

I don't actually own a single razer product :^) but thanks for checking in. My daily driver is the Das Keyboard 4 Pro

Oh well thanks for the clarification but you can get something better than a Razer Chroma for the price range.
See

>being this triggered in a thread about mechanical keyboards
(You) just stop posting

Also
>Having a metal non floating keyboard would be pointless

Come on, you should try the best stuff out there before talking shit you dont know. The main point about customs is their metal cases, thats where your shitty gaymen branded keyboards took the metal body idea in the first place.

Underated post

See:

>My daily driver is the Das Keyboard 4 Pro
ouch

Thanks for sharing, user. Much appreciated :-)