/CSD/ C# Daily

Episode: 1

What do you love/hate about C#?
Why do you use it?
Best resources you've found for learning C#?
Best use cases?
Etc...

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/api/
c-sharpcorner.com/
dotnetperls.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Haskell is better than C#

But why

how so?

>far more powerful type system
>pure, better with handling values
>syntax is nicer

I love foreach loops that weren't in Java when I was studying it in college. I hate that you can't debug query syntax easily.

I read up on C# in a nutshell 6.0 and passed the Microsoft certification exam for C#/.NET.

With the proper uses of C# data structures, you can make a really well designed application that other people can hop in and develop for without much explanation (given they know what those data structures are).

>I read up on C# in a nutshell 6.0 and passed the Microsoft certification exam for C#/.NET.
how hard was this?
how long ago?
what was the cost for the exam?

JVM > .NET

you got your < backwards

No I didn't. JVM's ecosystem is larger, more diverse, and it's faster than .NET

>Entire thread for a single language
This is reddit you fucking nigger

>larger
(more verbose)
>more diverse
(less consistent)
>faster
(than a turtle)

Performance-wise, yes. It's just a shame there's nothing that runs on it that's as cleanly built as C#.

>What do you love/hate about C#?
love:
-best standard library of all existing programming languages
-combines the best parts of c++ and java
hate:
-they copied the retarded java way of visibility syntax instead of the clean c++ one.
java:
public int c;
protected char x;
public function(){}
public String s;

c++:
public:
int c;
function(){}
string s;
protected:
char x;

>Why do you use it?
aps.net core
>Best resources you've found for learning C#?
docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/api/
c-sharpcorner.com/
dotnetperls.com/

sepples visibility syntax can get really confusing really fast if the programmer is a fucking retard.
C#/Java style is idiot-proof.

Alright, finally a thread on the best programming language. Does anyone know if any compilers are written in C#? I know I can compile a C# compiler in C#. Any way I can compile a Python compiler in C#?

C# isn't the best language

neither is it the best programming language

>-they copied the retarded java way of visibility syntax instead of the clean c++ one.
can you explain what you mean by this?

He literally gives an example

>more verbose
Use Kotlin

>less convenient
use Kotlin

>than a turtle
If that turtle is named C#, then yes!

Eh, I think it's fine. You just have to look at the code for more than 2 seconds.

I took a module in college that required me to use C# and .NET which I found to be pretty good. I think Visual Studio's debugger is pretty powerful and .NET paired up with C# can allow you to do some pretty powerful stuff with ease.

example != explanation
learn to code, fragglerock

when you write java code you are going to type : public,private,protected 10 trillion times because you have to put it before literally everthying.classes,variables,constructors,functions, everything.it's one of the biggest sins of programming:code repetition.in c++ you simply make a label like this: public: and everything after that will be public.if you want the next 10 element to be private you can write private: or just dont write anything at all because c++ classes are private by default.

oh. i see what you mean now. thanks.

been playing with C# as my first language. been hearing things about F#, thinking of looking into it. but can't be bothered to read a whole book, when someone here can summarize in a sentence/paragraph.

>C#
how does it compare to F#?

C# is OOP while F# is functional programming

C# is a bit of FP (the good parts of C# - tuples, LINQ, lambdas, etc) and a lot of OOP
F# is a bit more of FP but still dragging itself down with OOP

C# daily?
on 1/1?
2018 just may be a great year after all.
good going OP.

MS pls