According to my friend, my build is complete utter trash, I ask you Sup Forumsuys for your opinion

According to my friend, my build is complete utter trash, I ask you Sup Forumsuys for your opinion

>didn't pay the extra overclocking tax
Good.

Looks like a solid higher mid range compy. What's his problem?

even tho I am quite an autist what it comes to overclocking I still can do it myself and not pay some cuck to do it for me

It's solid. Overkill for your 1080p monitor though.

It was trash when I told you it was trash, and it will still remain trash

he says my CPU is trash for nowdays

>windows
Into the trash it goes.

He's a retard.

He's one of intel's loyal good goys

that monitor is 3 years old... I originally bought it for my old PC

the 7700 is a gaming champ, and the k seems to be nothing but a temperature headache

my friend says that 8700k is the best thing that ever happened to the Intel CPUs
not sure whether he is right or not, CPUs are not my speciality

he has a point, you need at least an Intel i7-8700k to play games these days

You are fine for years with gpu upgrades.

What? That’s not what he meant you dingus. He was referring to the fact you got a non k processor. Which you need to overclock.

Tell him that CUDA is more important.
Also, is he new to gaming or something? Sounds like he’s never owned a 960 kek

nah, he was building PCs for years

he's right
with the release of ryzen, intel will go bankrupt and stop supporting all their hardware

your friend is dumb. you can use an old i5-2500k and have an awesome experience as long as the graphics card is up to snuff. CPUs don't really matter unless you're producing movies or photos or music.

2500k will cause bottlenecks with modern GPUs, especially if you're gaming at >1080p >60fps.

wait wait wait, before you try to pull this conversation down that rabbit hole realize that I'm saying that an older CPU (released in 2011) like the 2500k will still be able to run modern games at a very respectable FPS (and match FPS when a person would be smart and realize that their older hardware should be taken into consideration and scale down the settings) so a young CPU like the 7700 will be more than enough to run plenty of frames at high resolutions.

The 2500k is fine for 1080p 60 fps gaming, especially if you get a good overclock.

>he says my CPU is trash for nowdays
Are you having issues with your software?
If yes, then your friend is right.
If no, then your friend is wrong.
It really doesn't need it's ow thread to figure it out now, did it?

>$1000 system
>250gb ssd
>1080p monitor
He's right you know.

Your friend sounds like an Intel fanboy. Suggest a rope.

>4k is a hack and most panels look like ass. maybe in a few years we'll ge decent 4k panels
>1440p is an abomination but some people swear by it. love hate
>1080p is widely accepted and still looks good

Wait for more Coffee Lake processors to come out this quarter so you can grab that CPU for cheaper.

You'll find more quality panels in 4K and 1440p monitors than in 1080p gutter trash and epic tryhard 240Hz TNs.

You would almost have a point if 1200p 16:10 IPS monitors didn't exist and sold for a low price.

The vast majority of 1440p and 4k panels look better than 1080p. 1080p isn't as heavily marketed anymore except for 240Hz displays (which have trash colors) so most new tech doesn't get put into it anymore.

I wonder if my config would literally kill him.

>filename
kek

Nothing wrong with 1080p. Are you on something?`

I'm on your mother

Other than non-k Cpu on z170 mobo I don't see any major problem here.

Z270*

trash for VR.

for a 1080p monitor you are good for the next 5 years

>paid the overclocking tax
>running 6700k 1 GHz faster than OP's

feels good

/thread