Space programs are technology

Space programs are technology.

Anyone have good links for embeed hardware, language and OS used ?
ISS, MIR, Nasa control and other.

Thanks in advance.

ebay.fr/itm/Amiga-2500-NASA-Telemetry-Lab/182912871862?hash=item2a9674edb6:g:B6AAAOSwnCFaElCi

Other urls found in this thread:

extremetech.com/extreme/155392-international-space-station-switches-from-windows-to-linux-for-improved-reliability
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IBM_System/4_Pi
youtube.com/watch?v=0pqaNERLlZY
youtube.com/watch?v=xx7Lfh5SKUQ
issfanclub.com/frequencies
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

extremetech.com/extreme/155392-international-space-station-switches-from-windows-to-linux-for-improved-reliability

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IBM_System/4_Pi

Why do we waste untold trillions of dollars sending rockets into space, at something like $56.5 million per launch instead of helping to improve our horribly aging infrastructure?

Space travel is a horrible waste of money.

I don't think it's a waste of money.
we can learn about the universe and other things. But it's not the debate here.

B coвeтcкoй poccии кocмичecкий чeлнoк лeтaeт c кapтoфeлeм и птичьим пyхoм

You should look into cubesats, they are a good introduction to electronics in space.

thanks.

>space travel isn't infrastructure
oh thee of tiny horizons

At its peak, during the Apollo program, NASA was less than 0.5% of the US national budget. The US currently spends less on NASA than on air conditioning for military personnel fighting the war on terror.

The majority of launches today carry communication satellites and are payed for privately.

Firefoxfags what's your
>version (stable, beta, nightly)
>extensions used
>ram usage

So, we can spend $56.5 million on a rocket launch, or we can spend $56.5 million on a bomb that'll kill 3 ISIS goatfuckers along with 43 civilians. Imagine being so dense that you think science is a waste of money.

nice pictures are welcome too

youtube.com/watch?v=0pqaNERLlZY

I have a buddy who works at NASA. He said he's run a project based around an Arduino. For small things they don't use anything different than you and me.

34C3 - The Ultimate Apollo Guidance Computer Talk
youtube.com/watch?v=xx7Lfh5SKUQ

Communications hardware has practical functionality. I'm personally more interested in research missions. The tl;dr of it, however, is that you're a retard.

That's not space-rated hardware, though. Circuit boards that go into space are radiation hardened. The cheapest stuff you'll probably find for that are the boards in the CubeSat specification.

Kys yourself

t. Florida space coast fag

for ham radio

issfanclub.com/frequencies

Leaving Earth and colonising other planets takes priority over fixing some shitty bridges and roads in bumfuck nowhere.

I know that they use Google Ultron as their default browser, though that was a while ago.

State and local governments are in charge of roadways anyway, NASA exists so the federal government can appropriately budget funds for it. That's why it's not an actual component of the federal gov't like the military is.

To say "oh we wasted money going to space" is so fucking short-sighted, as that money was already allocated for those missions years ago, given to American companies, and like 's image says, more money is spent daily by the military.