Is gimp or photoshop better?

is gimp or photoshop better?

i've been using gimp for 4 years now and it seems to do everything i'd want. all i do is make wallpapers or vtf sprays for games.

photoshop only seems like something you'd use if you have a job photo editing.

Only pay the adobe tax if you REALLY need PS. (for example, you work with other designers and share files)
If Gimp is enough for you, keep using Gimp.
If you want to move to something a bit better, but without paying for the subscription, try Affinity Photo. (But download the trial first, the interface might take some getting used to when coming from Gimp, don't force yourself if you don't like it)

If gimp is good enough for what you do, there's no point in switching to ps, be it bought or pirated.

Use Krita ffs. It's Linux native and free and not AIDS

Pros and cons. Photoshop has some easier-to-use advanced functionality compared to GIMP, and has some functions GIMP doesn't have at all. That said, GIMP is easier to extend.

my gf ruri is so cute

+++ real redpill coming through +++

Gimp of course.

>ywn watch oreimo for the first time again

im not sure i want this feel

>sprays for gaymes
NO SHE'S NOT YOUR FUCKING GF AND SHE'S NOT CUTE AT ALL

I'm not sure I want you to be alive

photoshop can do more, but for most editing GIMP is enough.
For what you'd use i'd use Pixelmator.

If you use gimp for an extended period of time (over an hour) it will crash, guaranteed

GIMP is what happens when a handful of people decide they want what Adobe has with Photoshop, but for free, but literally none of them either knows or cares about usability testing, heuristics, GOMS, etc...

as a result, GIMP looks and acts exactly like a chinky facsimile of a genuine product. nothing seems to have been thought through, and the overarching impression one gets from using GIMP is that nobody in the team has the authority to tell anyone else to change the high level procedure for accomplishing some task. if you have a vision for how something should behave, implement it yourself.

there are a lot of good things about open source software development. high level system design (either in the architectural sense or the usability sense) is absolutely not one of them.

If you are looking for free editor just know that i use paint.net-
>inb4 .net wtf
Paint.net is a downloadable software not a site dont worry. And when i got it after using adobe i noticed a very similar environment and feel to adobe. Differences seem minor and its pretty easy to use. The layering is also very easy to manage.
Thats my two cents OP.

Yeah because Adobe has great software /s. I don't as much experience with PS, but I can say first hand that Adobe Acrobat Pro is a piece of shit. Crashes way more often than the GIMP, and good luck trying to automate any workflows.

>Adobe Acrobat Pro
i'm not following you, red herring.

photo shop all the way senpai I spent a summer holiday learning it from YouTube tutorials when I was like 13. I am probably not the best at it but I was definitely a lot better than 80% of the people in my school and college using it. Anyway Photoshop just feels right everything works smoothly and feels like its supposed to everything just makes sense. Especially once you know most the keyboard shortcuts. I tired learning gimp but the whole thing just felt like a step backwards its just unintuitive and clunky.

Speaking of, is there any Linux alternative to paint.net or ms paint? Something much lighter than Gimp or Krita with fairly limited functions.

PS is bloated shit.
>for example, you work with other designers and share files
is the only use-case of it.

You don't need tutorials to start using GIMP though. I agree that PS is bloated and complex and when I first launched it I was dreaded by it's complexity and poor performance. But fortunately somehow I was enlightened and tried GIMP.

GIMP is OK when you pimp the fuck out of it with addons. It's not as good as PS but for something that's free it's decent enough.

I watched two episodes of it and thought it was too retarded.
I will never get into anime

Sorta this. GIMP isn't so horrible that you can't get used to how to do things in it. But it does feel like an app designed by people who don't actually use it themselves.

Adobe products are cancer. Nobody should use them. I fucking hate this company but still have to use their products because it's a fucking industry standard.
Also, Adobe products should be harder to pirate because otherwise every little retard can have access to these tools. Maybe then people will understand what a godsend GIMP, Inkscape, etc. actually are and will take some time to learn their fucking workflow before bitching about their lack of features.

GIMP just like Open Office and firefox is absolute unusable trash.
t. Linux user

If you think that GIMP is enough you likely don't need PS. If you're on Wangblows there's no reason not to pirate it though.

this

pirating adobe software nowadays is as easy as windows itself

>make adobe account
>download official creative suite tool
>download official programs right from adobe servers
>patch amtlib.dll
>done

So cute

>vtf sprays for games
you can't be older than 16

most times photoshop takes asslong times to load so I just say "screw it" and open gimp instead. It also doesn't rape my laptop RAM as much as photoshop

my gf is v cute

photoshop is nice to have

Is this the Kuroneko board?
PS is better, but GIMP can get the job done. You don't usually feel the need to change once you get familiar with either.

>paying

user... I....

Think about it, how many professionals use GIMP over photoshop. None! If you put all that gimp learning into photoshop, you could easily be a master image manipulator. Don't get gimped!

you saved my image

thicc ruri