This fucking thing

I have been trying, for the past day, to get any media player that can play mkv files on this damn thing. I cannot find any, and I'm ready to throw this bullshit out the window. I'm open to suggestions on another player to try, as the only one that seems to even nominally work is fucking vlc, of all things. even that isnt really working as it just displays a still image of the beginning of the video. help is appreciated.

Other urls found in this thread:

f-droid.org/)
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

should have got an iPad. it jest warks

It was a gift

This is why I prefer ordinary tablets over e-readers or things marketed as them. You have a lot more freedom with the former, the sky's the limit with what you want to download, read or play.

what would you suggest then?

kindle fire is a tablet

OP, have you installed google play store? i dont know shit about android but im assuming the GPS has an mkv player? or do you not know how to use adb to add the GPS?

shit im high sorry i thought this was for the amazon fire tablet. the kindle fire is definitely an e-reader

I don't really know shit, and I only ever bother to learn something if I need to know how to do it in the moment. I don't know how to add the GPS.

reeeeee that's why I said things marketed as them as well
Basically I find that a lot of tablets/e-readers that label themselves as meant for reading are pretty restrictive for whatever reason, probably to encourage the customer to buy certain things.

I don't have a specific suggestion atm (I'm shopping around for something new) but for me my current criteria include:

> 10.1" screen size
> battery better than 5000mAh
> 2GB ram preferred by 1GB is fine for reading

OP here, perhaps its important to add that it was working until I moved it all onto an SD card and thats when it stopped working. Given how many videos I am trying to put at .5gb a piece onto this thing I didn't have a choice. Please help.

no bsplayer?

>10.1"
bullshit. 8" and smaller is the only way to get an acceptably lightweight tablet in 2018. (340g or less).

this was not on the appstore and I have next to zero technical know how

Install fdroid (f-droid.org/)
Download Yalp store
Search of it
Install it

root
MX Player (old version) 1.7.40

>vlc
I rooted my gfs tablet (and then rooted her) but I ran into that same MKV problem and the only thing I got to play them was VLC. Nothing else seemed to work. I like to know this too if there is anything else.

Have you tried BS Player?

>1. Install Fdroid
>2. Search and install 'mpv'
>3.???
>4.Profit

This shit isn't hard m8.

Meh. Bigger screen > weight imo, it's closer to a real book in terms of reading experience, with less issues having to do with the size of pages compared to the screen. Not everything I read is optimized for e-readers, in theses scenarios a bigger screen is useful.

lolz iPad doesn't have an MKV player either.

sorry i confused the kindle fire for the amazon fire. i'm not sure if you can install the google play store on a kindle fire. i have a kindle fire i bought on black friday to mess around with but ive never owned a kindle

I just find heavier tablets uncomfortable for extended use. Larger tablets also have more twisting leverage on your hand, making the issue worse.