The iPhone X matches my desktop in CPU performance

>the iPhone X matches my desktop in CPU performance

How long until we have Apple expending their CPU range and wrecking the entire CPU industry with their superior performance and efficiency?

Other urls found in this thread:

overclock.net/t/1557484/geekbench-and-cpu-z-are-reporting-different-core-clocks
realworldtech.com/forum/?threadid=136526&curpostid=136666
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/z-AKUCW9z3QIuaU6QRbRHg/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/_glUELz4vv9hjRZ8x1cIKg/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/VNbuaDIfThMAlAASqaI0Kw/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/epKkMUP2mAJphUDLwAIY4w/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/llF-zz9URlbvsF7nE4mG0w/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/LDMvhb3n444ISJRI9u7YZQ/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/uskkuBo91wIlsRF2wxGiLg
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/cqSr-2OIIrWCcTMw_U-HEw/
youtube.com/watch?v=uL99tRQR9W0
notebookcheck.net/Asus-NovaGo-Windows-Laptop-with-Snapdragon-835-Review-Repetition-of-the-Netbook-Dilemma.271884.0.html
ultrabookreview.com/19015-asus-novago-impressions/
futuremark.com/hardware/mobile
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

If applel moves everything over to ARM, will they also have an open firmware like they did in the PowerPC days?
Because if so, I'm 100% erect

it's unlikely to happen any time soon. Apple's architecture is different from desktop CPU architectures, so nothing would be compatible. the talk among mac enthusiasts seems to be anticipation of a potential macbook with apple CPUs, but even those frothing zealots realize the pain of getting software to work on those CPUs would be immense.

>itoddlers are this dumb
Without fail.

Has any processor caused as much triggering as the A11?

Sorry bros. It's pretty damn powerful. Deal with it.

I hope they start by gradually moving the iPad Pro closer to full laptop functionality

I wonder what it's like to be such a salty Android poorfag pajeet poo in loo street shitting autistic retard

>tfw my phone has a higher resolution and more processing power than my desktop

Guess it's time to upgrade my desktop

>single core performance

Lol macfags are this dumb.

>t. mad androidfag with

Your mom's work laptop is not a desktop.

I bet you use a chinkphone.
Pathetic.

This program falsely reports results, and is always in Apple's favor. It also sells all your real hardware and diagnostic information.
overclock.net/t/1557484/geekbench-and-cpu-z-are-reporting-different-core-clocks

>Geekbench is shit
~Linus Torvalds
realworldtech.com/forum/?threadid=136526&curpostid=136666

So, where's the rendering benchmarks?

You retards really have no clue about geekbench. Why don't you demonstrate the chips power by rendering or something and compare results.

I don't see you posting any benchmarks to show otherwise.

iPhones now consume much less power than laptops and outperform them too.

Someone answer this for fuck's sake

Show a real case scenario where the iphones do so.

ARM isn't as open as you think.

Nigger, he is just baiting you.
STOP falling for it everytime you retarded newfag.
Not even he himself believes it.

Oh I'm aware, but Chromebooks all ship with Coreboot preinstalled and fully supported. I hope Applel does something similar.

We have shown a benchmark that shows the iPhone X’s power. The burden of proof is now on you to disprove it or show a better benchmark.

Reminder to report the iToddler OP for spamming and ban evasion.

archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/z-AKUCW9z3QIuaU6QRbRHg/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/_glUELz4vv9hjRZ8x1cIKg/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/VNbuaDIfThMAlAASqaI0Kw/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/epKkMUP2mAJphUDLwAIY4w/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/llF-zz9URlbvsF7nE4mG0w/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/LDMvhb3n444ISJRI9u7YZQ/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/uskkuBo91wIlsRF2wxGiLg
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/cqSr-2OIIrWCcTMw_U-HEw/

You were told that geekbench isn't a good benchmark at all straight from a prolific developer. It's worthless.

Then where's your benchmark that you consider to be valid?

Burden of proof is on you if you want to cry about it being "worthless"

You made a claim based on bullshit (geekbench) and were told it was bullshit. There's no burden on me whatsoever for pointing out your bullshit to be bullshit. Go be a retard somewhere else.

I posted the most commonly used cross platform benchmark in the industry. If you think it’s wrong the burden of proof is indeed on you to provide something better.

>cross platform benchmark
>geekbench
Please stop telling us all how retarded you are.

How is he
the retard here when you're the one who's making a baseless statement?

>gookbench
Fuck off retard.

Don't you have a loo to poo in?
Oh, wait...

>non linear core multiplier
It's almost like this is most unreliable benchmark ever made

Asus and HP already done it with snapdragon 845.

>all cores have the same clock speed all the time and work in perfect tandem

Iphag fanboy detected.
It's all lies to deflect attention from the battery scandal.

>unironically trusting geekbench
Atom > Appleshit

It doesn't. Geekbench is a terrible benchmark.

>comparing arm to x86

But can your iPhone see why kids love the taste of cinnamon toast crunch.

>gookbench

>basemark x
Gee I wonder why iToddlers never mention that benchmark. Oh.

>geek bench doesn’t test the phone as a system
>it just tests single components
>this is useful to show cpu capabilities
>thread is about the cpu, not the phone
What did he mean by this?

>purposefully leaving out the "in some scenarios... certain capabilities of the cpu"
fuck off retard

>geekbench

>in the scenario of the cpu being independent of the rest of the iphone
>shows single and multi scores of the cpu in given tests
Oh wow just like every benchmark ever

damn you've got poor reading comprehension

>iphonex matches my pc says the shills
meanwhile at real world
youtube.com/watch?v=uL99tRQR9W0

so im assuming note8 must quicker than a zen 2

>A11 absolutely destroyed in SGEMM and SFFT
>thinking the two processors are in any way equal in performance
Nope.

>it's unlikely to happen any time soon. Apple's architecture is different from desktop CPU architectures, so nothing would be compatible.
You seem to have forgotten (or never knew?) that Apple has moved their desktops across multiple times without incident.
68k > PPC > AMD64

It would literally not be a problem for them to do it again.

This isn't a test of the a phone though, it 's a test of a CPU arch in an OS independent manner...
I'm not sure why you're trying to turn this thread into ios vs android when the discussion was quite clearly A11 vs Core as CPU architectures.

Please do the needful and go back to XDADevelopers.

>risc vs cisc

One thing you have to remember about phone SoCs is that they get optimized for usage in phones.
That's why it is so fast in random things like "camera" (image processing I guess), HDR, blur, and other random things.

General purpose processors are much less specialized but then better at tasks the specialized processor isn't specialized towards.

Except that in the first two cases, they switched to vastly superior architectures, and their emulation solution for both 68k and PPC worked at almost native speeds. There is nothing vastly superior to x86 and no other architecture could possibly hope to run x86 programs at native speed in emulation.

Except that's where you're downright wrong - architecture really means jack shit now, this isn't the 90s - the ISA is decoded into internal micro-ops anyway, every CPU is essentially running it's own arch - it just uses a standard ISA for the frontend.

x86 is no better than ARM as a frontend, period, it's just more license encumbered.

This just shows how much apple cheats in artificial benchmarks, it has nothing to do with real-world performance. If you think a mobile phone can come even close to matching a high-end desktop in performance, you're delusional or retarded.

notebookcheck.net/Asus-NovaGo-Windows-Laptop-with-Snapdragon-835-Review-Repetition-of-the-Netbook-Dilemma.271884.0.html

ultrabookreview.com/19015-asus-novago-impressions/

Here arm laptop from qualcomm, still not faster than core i3 or i5 mobile, there's cinebench passmark and 3dmark, with additional moar cores soon will match dekstop performance.

Qualcomm is a joke though, the only reason anyone uses them is because they have a patent monopoly on 3g/4g radios in USA.
Outside of US designated products, they simply don't get used.

>How long until we have Apple expending their CPU range and wrecking the entire CPU industry with their superior performance and efficiency?
Never.
Arm simply CAN'T replace x86_64.
cf android.
No developer on this planet wants to deal with C/C++/C# in a 2TB IDE with 1TB ram with 128 core emulating absolutly every different processor in existence, wasting hours making sure your program run fine on shitton of differents plateforms with differents sets of instructions.
This is simply nightmare and no jvm-based languages are NOT the solutions, fuck these guys.

These numbers can't be compared.
arm is risc and can be tailor-made to fit your needs.
ios is tailor-made to fit the hardware.
Benchmark are optimized for the software/hardware and what's better than controlling the whole thing? Nothing, as you can optimize everything and make it looks good in synthetic benchmarks.

Your computer is just fine and you don't have to change it.

That would be the dream!

I wonder how this would affect running a secondary OS through boot camp though?

But with no man as meticulous and unforgiving as Jobs, who can say how well those will perform now?

I thought the whole point of are was that instructions have to be sent in order and organized for the CPU to process them. That's why they are note efficient.

x86 can't just receive instructions at random and is a lot more flexible. So I don't think 10k ARM score is equal to 10K x86 score.

Qualcomm can't compete with Apple, what makes you think they'll get anywhere close to Intel or AMD?

This is true. My phone uses Mediatek.

>powerful processor
>arm
>throttled to shit after a year
>locked down as cancer because appeal is smrat :D

Your iphone is not a general purpose computing machine though. Apple chooses what you can do with it.

>they think arm will be more open than x86
>they haven't noticed the linux support clusterfuck on ARM compared to x86
fucking wake up and smell the coffee, sugah
Even skimming bloody waco-pedo will give you a hint of the realities of ARM and open source shit
>For ARM, use of device trees has become mandatory for all new SoCs.[1] This can be seen as a remedy to the vast number of forks (of Linux and Das U-boot) that has historically been created to support (marginally) different ARM boards. Allegedly, the purpose is to move a significant part of the hardware description out of the kernel binary, and into the compiled device tree blob,
say hello to your extra-blobby future
if an amoral entity with a primary objective of maximizing profit (i.e. a company) doesn't get enough benefits to balance out the costs of standardization/open-sourcing, why would they do it?

That's makes it so good though. It does what it needs to do and it does it well.

That's why the iPad pro is a better productivity device than any Samsung tablet.

>geekbench

It's worse than ths Snapdragon 835.
futuremark.com/hardware/mobile

GPU != CPU
Oh my God you poo in loos are really uneducated and it's really obvious, you know that right?

>it's pretty damn powerful
>on a locked down shitphone so you can't use it
amazing, that's like getting a fucking ferrari with 50mph unremovable limiter

Lol Andreet

Your benchmark shows the iPad Pro with the A10X being first here. The iPhone X has a faster A11 so that means it is even further ahead.

ARM had bad mananger memory, complex loads on memory or branch, geekbench use tiny data loads than fit on L2 cache A11.

Is that why US Samsung flagships use Qualcomm while everywhere else uses Exynos?

So, are those A11 proc really powerful compared to 835, if we're looking to raw power? If Apple use 835 for their iPhone and optimised it, will it more powerful than A11?

>ARM
>Apple
>open firmware
you can not seriously believe even for a split second this would happen

It's because your desktop is shit.

they think that apple's implementation of openfirmware for their ppc machines was open source

This is measuring the performance of an AES hardware accelerator, not the ARM cores on the Apple SoC. OP is a fag.

>my cpu has the fastest crypto unit!!!!!! THAT MEANS IT'S THE FASTEST CPU EVER!!!!
You faggots are fucking retarded.

Yes

No. A11 has much more transistors

>in geekbench its fighting the i5
>in other benchmarks its playing with the celerons
Nice.

>No. A11 has much more transistors
Transistors aint power.
Arrangement of them is power.

>iToddler banned from his own shill thread
lmao

The i7 is faster at AES though.

>No developer on this planet wants to deal with C/C++/C# in a 2TB IDE with 1TB ram with 128 core emulating absolutly every different processor in existence, wasting hours making sure your program run fine on shitton of differents plateforms with differents sets of instructions.

t. guy who doesn't know what he's talking about

>this thread

>A11 has 4.3 billion transistors
VS
>SD835 has 3 billion transistors

Pretty self explanatory, especially when the A11 is a hexa core with only 2 performance cores while the SD835 is an octa core with 4 performance cores...

Did you ignore the post or something.

Did you know it doesn't matter because Apple still wins.
>More transistors
>Less cores
>Much better performance

Only advantage adreno has is GPU.

Integer performance is the only thing that matters on desktop, because that's what is going to determine the speed of all those shitty interpreted languages.

>m-m-muh transistors
This is why iToddler brainlets are universally regarded as technology illiterate brain dead drooling troglodytes.
Quality over quantity.

>+gpu
I don't have the original now but this can give you an example of the size of the processor with the GPU involved.

Anyway I am butting in here and that is beside the point.
I feel that some assumptions are being made by both sides and they are different assumptions, which is why you're not meeting eye to eye.

Sure, I could design a CPU with 2 million transistors that is less powerful than a CPU with 1 million transistors through just poor design decisions.
However, in the case of Apple and Qualcomm they are both trying to optimize their processors for maximum performance in the architectures they are using, so transistor comparisons become somewhat justifiable.
One thing you have to be careful of, though, is that SoCs contain more than just the CPU and GPU, so you need to be sure of what that transistor count is actually encompassing.

Also, Apple's performance cores are larger than the performance cores in Qualcomm/Samsung SoCs, probably the efficient cores too.

Plus a lot SRAM

Do you know what an SoC is?

Appletard subhumans are brainlets. Always have been, always will be.

Geekbench on the iphone is tuned for apple's latest architectures and it is not a reliable benchmark.

Notice how older iphones went down in score

>mfw applel trash needs 4X as many transistors as a sandy bridge and still can't handle text input while lagging
Christ Apple is a fucking joke.

>>+gpu
Just emphasizes his point even more. Skylake without GPU would have even less transistors, and still be four times more efficient as a less efficient Xeon with double the transistors.

The Skylake is a quad core while the Xeon is a hex core.

>A newer CPU is faster than an older one
No shit.

>Lag
But lagdroid doesn't use Apple SoC baka