What's your favorite programming language?

What's your favorite programming language?

Other urls found in this thread:

hackernoon.com/the-javascript-phenomenon-is-a-mass-psychosis-57adebb09359
whydoesitsuck.com/why-does-javascript-suck/
medium.com/javascript-non-grata/javascript-is-a-dysfunctional-programming-language-a1f4866e186f
live.julik.nl/2013/05/javascript-is-shit
semitwist.com/mirror/node-js-is-cancer.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

C

English

Español

I program you rmom with my DICK

this

C#

Go, Plan 9 C, Erlang and Haskell

punjabi

JavaScript

Python 3. Anyone who isn't using the newest release should get on with times.

My favourite language is Lisp but for all practical intents and purposes it has to be JavaScript.

why do these new males like JS so much?
it's literally the aids of websites.

Scala.

i think it's due to two factors: low barrier of entry and easy to get started.
every browser has js, you can just try it out in a console. you also don't need to know shit about types, compilers, ides etc.

>you also don't need to know shit
that's not a good thing

it is a good thing when you're getting started. the less you need to know just to get moving, the better.
i'm not saying it's a good thing to stay in that stage, but you asked why it was popular and i answered.

What said. I think there's more to it than that. Javascript, by its very nature is front end. Back end javascript (NodeJS) is an absolute fucking joke. It lets the numale think he is doing something meaningful, but in realty is just making an STD-riddled, pretty-on-the-outside-but-ugly-on-the-inside mess of barely usable garbage that will inevitably blow up in his chronically agape face.

Truly the most feminist of programming languages.

Esto.

professional js developer here. ama

How much cum do you guzzle on a daily basis to appease the HR department?

Why haven't you lot committed mass suicide so actual programmers can get bet jobs?

Why does this return 0?
{}+''

does the syntax not looking disgusting for you?

Having a favorite programming language is retarded because all programming languages suck, and anyone that's programmed for long enough has come to this conclusion. You simply pick the least worst one for a given problem domain.

The ones I make myself.

HTML5

/thread

Zztails?

Perfection

8086 assembly language.

If you can't build a scalable stable web application with js then you are doing something wrong. it has a lot of problems but if people actually bother to learn the language like they would any other you can avoid the bad parts completely.

Doesn't help that most web devs haven't touched any other languages or written anything besides whatever they did for university projects.

Tldr. Language isn't the problem it's the shit programmers

>new males
nufag detected

>the language is fine when you avoid all the bad parts

There are no circumstances where you need to use them. What is your argument again

that's true of literally any language

Sup Forums truly is just Sup Forums 2.0
The same shitposting, with the same memes.

My argument is that avoiding the bad parts of a language does not fix the problem; someone is going to use those bad parts anyway.

MOSSACK! DISHA, DISHA.

Nu-males is not a Sup Forums meme you soyboy.
Also, go back to your containment area.

>idioms do not exist
>conventions and guidelines do not exist
>specific practices do not exist
It's like you've never actually worked with programming.

Latex *going to /sci/*

OP is just a variation of the same "nu-male" wojak except with a Nintendo Switch because of the recent shitposting about it.

All those shitty AMD/Intel/nVidia wojaks are also just variations of the console war shitposting wojaks too.

(define (f-rec n)
(if (< n 3)
n
(+ (f-rec (- n 1))
(* 2 (f-rec (- n 2)))
(* 3 (f-rec (- n 3))))))

Plan 9 hipsters are cute. I want one at my home!

>hey, let's set out some rules so that we can avoid the bad parts of this language
You're still avoiding the problem, retard.

Don't care as long as its not PHP or a functional meme

>{}+''
not him but { } is an empty code block, so the rest of the code there is just +'' the plus converts '' to an integer (i.e. 0) so it returns +0, which is just 0

#include
#include

Int main (int argc, char *argv [ ])
{
Printf ("the best one. I mean C of course");

return 0;
}

Found the hipster who only reads blogs and writes 0 code.

>t. i don't understand why someone would program in any language except Haskell, it's the perfect language

PHP for scripting basic shit and Visual Basic for creating Enterprise Quality software

You can shit on JS for a lot of things but not syntax. ES6 and newer syntax is god-tier.

>{ } is an empty code block

Favorite impractical language: lisp
Favorite practical language: TypeScript

Go back to /an/ brainlet

JavaScript.

select = (i) =>
(i % 3 == 0 ? "fizz" : "") + (i % 5 == 0 ? "buzz" : "") || i

Array
.apply(null, {length: 101})
.map(Number.call, Number)
.splice(1)
.map(select)
.forEach((i) => console.log(i))

> .map(Number.call, Number)
what the fuck

Haskell is fine ; (

Stop posting shit. I'M EATING !!!

It's a nice language, my point is merely that most languages evolve over time but still has to deal with legacy.

HTML, i mak dolars forr coding in html for my job at gfoogle.

Array.apply(null, {length: 101}) creates an array of 101 undefined elements.

map has a signature:
map(function, instance)

call has a signature
call(thisInstance, [arg1, [arg2, [...]]])

So in other words, I'm invoking the number class to create number instances. It could be this instead:
.map( (element, index) => index )

but that's not as elegant, as I'm basically just ignoring the element argument and misusing the index argument.

We are in the age of
>what is computah
What did you expect when you experience everything computah related through apps

Of course, as JavaScript supports prototypes, I could do something like this instead.

Function.prototype.discardArgs = function (before, after) {
let bound = this;

return function () {
return bound.apply(this, [].slice.call(arguments, before, after));
};
};

select = (i) =>
(i % 3 == 0 ? "fizz" : "") + (i % 5 == 0 ? "buzz" : "") || i

Array
.apply(null, {length: 100})
.map(((i) => i + 1).discardArgs(1))
.map(select)
.forEach(console.log.discardArgs(0, 1))

Default functions are inconsistent in terms of return values and arguments, and of course weak typing is an abomination, but asides from that it is clear that JS draws from functional paradigms.

hackernoon.com/the-javascript-phenomenon-is-a-mass-psychosis-57adebb09359

whydoesitsuck.com/why-does-javascript-suck/

medium.com/javascript-non-grata/javascript-is-a-dysfunctional-programming-language-a1f4866e186f

live.julik.nl/2013/05/javascript-is-shit

semitwist.com/mirror/node-js-is-cancer.html

>javascript
>9999999999999999 == 10000000000000000
>9999 9999 9999 9999 == 1 0000 0000 0000 0000

Except for the boilerplate range creation, this is unironically one of the most concise FizzBuzzes I've seen on Sup Forums.

minus lack of types/type declaration/type hinting

C++ Forever

why the fuck does javascript support toString(), parseInt(), and parseFloat(), etc. if JS doesn't have real types?

t. doesn't use C++

that is why I said in a different post that typescript is my favorite practical language.

>ebrything is object

>All these people trashing Javascript
I was thinking of learning it because I want to get a junior dev job and get out of retail, but you guys make it sound I'll be the biggest idiot if I try and do that. Should I learn Java on the side while continue working on my shitty job?

It's Turing complete, pussytits.

>Int
>Printf
>no indentation

Why?

Learn fucking javascript, moron. Sup Forums is a big pile of failed people like you. The only thing they can do is shoving down their pretentious little elitism that isn't by any means deserved anyones throat.

Go
Call me a brainlet I don't care. I just want a simple programming language with support which runs somewhat fast and I do not want to care about memory safety.

> least worst
In other words, your favorite.

Don't fall for the memes lad, learn whatever gets you the fucking shekels.

Python and C (to write Python extensions) are the only ones you need.

fpbp

stop forcing this fucking "lol switch nu male xd" meme everywhere.
he looks like shit. so what? why can't you fucks just leave him alone? what has he done to you?

>t. nu male

the expression triggers slavics for some reason but idk why its just ppl trying to imitate :D

unironically perl 6

The cult of Crockford is more of a commentary on OOP than JS itself, imho

/thread

python.

ES6, golang, C & C++. If you don't like ES6, you're a brainlet/street shitting pajeet/unemployed

2-nd year university fellow here. Don't have much practice, nor real_work™
I've studied only c#, c, python and delphi. (There are more, but i don't know the rest well enouhg)

Right now, the c is the most favorable so far. It has a nice syntax, pointers are comfy af. And you fucking understand what is happening with the system.

Will have to choose between c++ and java the next semester. Any thoughts on them?

Choose c++ and avoid OOP like the plague.

I can't deal with its white space rules and formatting. Its horrible to deal with as a beginner to the language. Code you write will suddenly stop working if you accidentally load from one text editor or to another computer. It's just a frustrating experience.

Red/Rebol, Haskell, Idris, Elm, C, Lisp, and JS.

Python is ok for prototyping. Never used Rust or Golang.

>choose c++
>avoid OOP
what did he mean by this?

As in, choose C++ but treat it as a diseased version of C.