Alright, you know the drill:

Last thread: If you can't be bothered to:
>search it
>lurk moar
>git gud

Then this thread is for you!
Post your simple/stupid questions here, ONCE
You are NOT entitled to an answer.

Please redirect or ignore anybody asking stupid questions outside this thread.

Protip: If you can't tell if your question deserves it's own thread, its very likely it doesn't. Post it here, we'll let you know.

What's the most suitable directory to install gayms on GAHNOO/Linux? I was thinking /opt/, but at that point can gayms change files in their own directory without being run with root privileges?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Fingerprint-PQI-Matching-Biometric-Security/dp/B06XG4MHFJ
thebottlenecker.com
bleepingcomputer.com/news/microsoft/user-made-patch-lets-owners-of-next-gen-cpus-install-updates-on-windows-7-andamp-8-1/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

what's the best program to use to get video files on a DVD for palyback on a standard player?

Can I use unity 7 with Ubuntu 18.04?

Ubuntu MATE hijacks Firefox's homepage, it has been known for at least a year and they haven't fixed it yet.

GNOME is a joke.

That's called DVD ripping, define the best.

Handbrake may help.

>DVD ripping
nonono
I mean't transferring video files TO a DVD for playback on a DVD player. I just want a simple program that can make a playable DVD out of video file(s) that doesn't add watermarks or ugly menus

Please make me more effective at stalking my contacts' behavior on skype. Anything from knowing when they last logged in, for how long they were logged in, if they viewed my messages and when, whether they started typing and for how long they were typing... I can spot these things (except for if they ever viewed my messages) if I am online with the client open to see it. Can I not record it beyond that? Beyond literally keeping the client open and 24/7 recording their log in status and if it says they're typing... which my unfortunate laptop can in no way handle.

Brasero, possibly infrarecorder.

exactly what I was looking for. thanks user

If I create a bootable USB can I still store files on it like normal if the USB drive has room to spare?

Does this change anything in sound quality? Dolby Atmos forces it to 16 bit, 48 kHz rather than the 24bit 96 kHz I set it to

Yes.

Thanks, what exactly is shared mode?

i want to learn about operating systems.
what are some good books for it? i don't know much about them..

My laptop throttles to the point of shutting down by not much demanding shit (just having Photoshop plus other stuff opened - games send it to hell in short time too). How much of a bad idea is it to disable throttling so that this doesn't happen any more?

I mean what other solution do I have. It's completely fucked in other regards so I'm not invested on buying thermal paste (which they don't even sell were I live), and the fan pad I bought can't help any more than it's doing now.

What office suite does one use in the year 2018?
Didnt oracle buy and shit all over openoffice?
What is the go to choice now?

Why is there no USB connected Fingerprint reader.

Even for Keyboards or even Mouses? I'm already giving up my Fingerprint to my phone, why not to my PC?

How do I install legacy addons to firefox quantum? I lost all my old legacy addons and while I might have figured out how to force legacy addons to work, it refuses to install them.

Alternatively, what's a good image downloader that works well with Sup Forums and allows me to filter out the thumbnails and fake 'wait' and 'iqdb' downloads that every other downloader struggles from?

throttle it manually before it gets hot, it will be a bit slow but usable, its quite easy in linux. There are a few scripts.

>Didnt oracle buy and shit all over openoffice?
LibreOffice. It's a fork of OpenOffice when a lot of the devs got pissed at Oracle's mismanagement of it.

do you even google bro?
amazon.com/Fingerprint-PQI-Matching-Biometric-Security/dp/B06XG4MHFJ

>Posting reddit: the game
Fuck off

Yeah, at least if you use a tool like Rufus to make it. It'll make it FAT32 and you can use any free space on it normally.

Where can I find Mircosoft Office?
Preferably the most recent version. I already have the toolkit

It only improves quality if your actual source material is 24 bit 96 kHz. If your source material is 16 bit 48 kHz Dolby Atmos stuff, Atmos's setting of 16 bit 48 kHz is the best quality you can get, and setting it to anything else will resample it and reduce quality a tiny bit.

I need to sell a couple second hand consumer electronics items in the UK and I'm not sure how.

I bought new parts for a new PC, and want to sell the old one. Either selling just mobo+cpu+ram+cooler combo and reusing the rest myself, or the whole thing.

Also have a high end laptop (4k gsync screen, gtx 1070, 32gb ram, i7 6820hk...) that I bought in the US for cheap and want to resell here since I don't really need it, I just tried it to see how it worked before bringing it back to Europe.

In the country I used to live second hand market was big and easy, we has craigslist-like websites with components sections full of stuff, so I bought and sold a lot of things, here in London I would have expected the same or even easier stuff, but nope.

Basically where can I sell this stuff? a desktop or components combo (300~500£) and a gaymur laptop (~1500£)??

I've thought of ebay but I never sold anything there and I'm afraid that their cut might be too high, also afraid of not getting nets high enough maybe.

Any tips? (Anyone interested in an EVGA SC17? kek)

What's the best paid version of antivirus available?

Have my avr pulling all my audio through the television. If I connect optical from my bluray player to my avr would it have any impact on the audio quality or am I fine with what I'm doing?

When I plug my headphones into my PC case it sounds like I'm underwater. I just built my PC, it has an Asus motherboard if it helps

I forgot to add I have a cheap pair of speakers and they sound good, but they're plugged in directly to the motherboard in the back.

>I need to sell
> "need"

Failure to report the importing of goods (especially stolen goods) and paying the appropriate duty is a criminal offense, Poojeet. Turn yourself in and pay your taxes like a civilized man of culture.

Maybe you have the audio header plugged in wrong, or maybe your case has a defective headphone jack.

Specifically the ground pin is likely bad/disconnected.

How would I fix this?
Or tell which scenario it is?

Currently using a GTX 1070 but am afraid my current specs are holding it back. Im using an i7 4790 which should be fine but my motherboard and RAM are quite outdated (2014 model board and DDR3). Any recommendations on what I should get to get the most out of my card?

I need a windows utility that will let me point and hp vista .fbw file to a drive other than C.

I'm trying to get some files off a dead PC without ripping the drive out. The hp recovery backup exe just dumps it to C and it's not a big enough drive for all the files. It's getting to the point where I might just pull the drive and put it in the dock I have though

Sure, I'll pay the duties and taxes I need to, and I will still make profit off it.

My question still stands and your post was quite useless.

How to sell 2nd hand shit on the UK?

What exact model of IBM computer is this? It's the one I had as a kid.

Could someone here please post the picture showing the comparison between the amounts of NVIDIA packages and folders drivers you can delete and leave out only the necessary? I'm sure any of you know what I'm talking about.

Does craigslist have a cell mixer,like their email, or are you giving people your actual cell number?

Since Windows 7 doesn't support TRIM for mSATA, NVMe and M.2 SSDs, is it still possible to use an SSD utility (such as Samsung Magician) to manually TRIM the SSD?

Thinking of getting a VPS since I will be travelling quite a bit.
Want to have the functionality of onedrive. Does nextcloud have online word processor?

Also, what else can I use it for?
RSS

Is saying "chink shit" offensive when referring to cheap electronics? I always thought it was a relatively neutral term.

>chink
that's a slur so yeah

>such as Samsung Magician

be aware some vps providers don't like to host files.
>word processor
I think so, but you can just use another product for that.

>Also, what else can I use it for?
I use mine for containerized apps, I just deploy what i need when I need it.

My brother bought a laptop for himself, the problem is that he's a genius and it came with Endless OS installed on it.
I wanted to install windows for him, but the BIOS won't recognise any of my flash drives, so I've updated the BIOS to the latest version but still nothing. I can't boot from any of my flash drives.
Any tips for me? I'm fucking desperate to replace that OS, never had problems like this before.
Specs: ASUS X541NC

Thanks in advance anons, I really appreciate all the help.

Why do people mine bitcoin?

>be aware some vps providers don't like to host files
Thats the literal fucking point of a vps, a remote server.What are you not hosting shit on your server? the fuck kid get out

You could always get an external DVD drive if you're really desperate (assuming the laptop doesn't have one built in)

does office 365 offer a better web editor?

>host some kinds/types of files (copyright)
there you have it.

>tfw nobody will ever call you handsom

Yeah the chance of the copyrights holder finding your random shitty little vps out of millions of ips?
Go get yo tendies and let real men talk

>user you have a beutiful nose.
That's the only compliment someone has made about my face

If it's because of the "botnet" thing, can I use a slightly older version (such as 4.9.5)?

>tfw fat stubby nose

>brother recently bought one of those adapters that lets you connect a hard drive to your pc via usb
>try to use it on my old broken laptop's hard drive
>plug into my windows 10 laptop
>no plugin sound
>doesn't show up on this pc
>the adapter's light is on
>I can hear the hard drive
>connect it to my brother's laptop that also has windows 10
>it fucking works
>he copies a video file on to it
>I try it on my tv
>it works
>try it on my ps3
>doesn't work
what do I do to get this shit to show up on my laptop?

No, you should use it

Is it dangerous to have a hard drive just kinda resting on a USB adapter with a SATA port and shit connected on it and have the hard drive run and potentially fall off while data is moving and stuff?

Ever since moving from Chrome to Firefox I've noticed Netflix seems to not be able to correct show subs at the right timing, they're almost always too slow.
I can't find anything about this nor have other people I've asked experienced such an issue.

>everything I don't like is Reddit
(You)

>No, you should use it
I don't understand, should I or should I not?

Is it a dock or just a usb/sata connector? If it's a dock it should just work. Only thing it might be is a power issue. The usb/sata cables don't have enough power for some drives, usually desktop drives though. It might be the other devices are not supplying enough power over USB for some reason. other than that idk my dude
A little, just don't be a clutz and you'll probably be fine

>
>No, you should use it

>>everything I don't like is Reddit
Who are you quoting?

It come from a USB external drive I took apart but there's nothing really to lock the drive in place but I figure I can use it to test drives or move files off them quick when I don't wanna open my case

usb/sata connector

Just put it in a relatively stable position and try not to move it while you're transferring files. Should be fine
I'd guess it's some power issue then. Docks have an AC adapter for power so there's always enough for the drive. It's odd that it woks on a desktop at all though. I have one that just doesn't work at all if there's not enough USB power

is a 100feet ethernet cable ok to use? I heard you start losing speeds or something if your cable is too long

Just use Ebay.

I'm I had a lead. But it leads to initechsolutions.org which is now dead apparently there was an FBW extractor program hosted there which would be exactly what I need

Am I entitled to an answer?

you're entitled to THIS!
*whips out c-ck*

Unplug the header. Inspect. Are any of the pins bent or missing other than the 1 key pin that's supposed to be missing in the corner? (Unbend or conclude it's fucked.) Are any of the wires going into the connector loose or have part of the metal hole poking out the back? (Push it back in.) Inspect the other end where it goes to the jack, is there any damage there? (Repair or conclude it's fucked.)

If you conclude it's fucked, can you RMA it? If so, do. If not, rig some DIY thing. The simplest is to plug a headphone splitter into the back of the case, your speakers into that, along with a headphone extension wire going around to the front, to give you a place to plug in headphones. Just turn off the speakers and adjust the volume before using headphones. Or, get speakers that have a headphone jack built in.

Luckily I have speakers with a headphone jack built in. I don't feel like having to transfer all my internals to a new case though. I guess I might have to RMA it.

First, see just how short you are of what the card should be getting. Download Unigine Benchmark and run it with no other demanding things open. Search GTX 1070 in the leaderboard and see what the scores look like compared to yours. Keep in mind, the top scores will be extreme overclockers.

I immediately notice that the very top score is leagues above the next guy down -- most likely liquid nitrogen or phase change cooling and a resistor shunt to get way overspec clocks and power consumption.

I also notice there are some 2nd, 3rd and 4th gen i7s (and even an i5 2500K, obviously overclocked, but still...) on the first page. So DDR3 is definitely capable of performing well enough.

If your motherboard supports XMP RAM profiles, get some fast, low CL DDR3 and just use that. DDR4 is way overpriced lately, and you'd be looking at a new mobo and new CPU to upgrade to it. Almost certainly not worth the cost.

Also thebottlenecker.com thinks your CPU won't be much of a bottleneck if any, so upgrading won't bring much benefit.

If you do want to upgrade the CPU though, see if you can get a used 4790K for relatively cheap. It'll go in the board you already have and use the same RAM, but be 400 MHz faster out of the box, and be overclockable.

Nah. It's fine. Overkill for most situations though. You'd be surprised how damn long a 50 foot cable is.

how long should it take to uninstall a 134GB program?

I'd be interested, could you email specs and prices to [email protected]?

how do i get better emoji support on windows 7? i need to see this emoji.

>chink
>shit
Yeah at least outside of Sup Forums.
"cheap Chinese crap"
"made of Chinesium" (joking; also implies low durability and build quality)

iirc cat5e or better should work for gigabit up to 100 *meters*. If it's damaged or kinked/folded sharply, it won't work well at any length though.

>*whips out c-ck*
Cuck?

Where's the problem then? Plug the speakers into the back of the mobo, which you said works. Plug the headphones into the speaker. Ignore the busted jack on the front panel.

I guess so.
It just kinda sucks that the case is defective

Depends on the program. WTF are you uninstalling 134 GB of?

You can try installing a black and white emoji font like the one in Win10. Dunno if it will work. Even in Win10 some emoji are missing, or look completely crap and unrecognizable without huge font size. Or paste it into a browser address bar -- both Firefox and Chrome have good emoji support and show them in color, and if you search the emoji it'll find pages saying what it's supposed to be.

Did you narrow it down to the case and not the board? I do think that's more likely, but still.

Depends on what it's composed of and how it's integrated into the system. Could easily uninstall faster than many programs that are only a few megabytes.

So humble bundle has a book bundle for python going on right now. Is there anybody here that would recommend these books? Or are they just shit?

It's a program used to connect to PLCs. It should not be 134GB. I am on windows 7 and in safe mode. I edited the registry to allow me to uninstall programs in safe mode. My computer will only boot in safe mode and I am looking for reasons why. This program has caused problems for me in the past.

I'm running a 50 foot from my router to my desktop. It should be fine
>cat5e or better should work for gigabit up to 100 *meters*
is correct, the length includes 90 horizontal and 10 vertical based on some building standard I can't remember the acronym of. point is should be fine

i just did a fresh OS install so maybe that has something to be with it. i dont really know shit about unicode.

Is Seagate a good brand for internal hard drives for a dell?

What's a good place to buy one of those legacy gsuite accounts that don't have a monthly fee?

How dangerous is it to run an unupdated windows 7? I installed windows 7 on my new ryzen build a few months ago and they wouldn't let me update so I've just been cruising without them this whole time.

I have a program where different threads "own" different arrays, meaning that they lock the access to the matrix, do their thing, then drop the lock. However, sometimes they need to access some other thread's array, as in, take the lock, do some reading and writing, then dropping the lock. This obviously can lead to deadlocking. What are some techniques for dealing with this? I've tried delegating access to the array for a later time but this is suboptimal

why would it be dangerous?

As long as you don't go on the internet, its fine.
Oh, wait...

Look at offline updates, its a third party application that you can use on 7

I read it on Sup Forums.

Is there a self host calendar that I can use to replace google calendar?

like an online collab word processor.
Also, where's a good place to do research on which ones will respect privacy and turn a blind eye to copyright material.

Here it is, looks like there is a bent pin but I'm not sure

90% of people on Sup Forums are fucking stupid though

Pretty bad. There's this though

bleepingcomputer.com/news/microsoft/user-made-patch-lets-owners-of-next-gen-cpus-install-updates-on-windows-7-andamp-8-1/

Because security update exist for a reason