twitter.com/aionescu/status/948344914990964736

Other urls found in this thread:

nasdaq.com/symbol/intc/insider-trades?sortname=lastdate&sorttype=1
phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=linux-415-x86pti&num=2
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>mfw Brian JUSTnich sells off the remainder of his shares and resigns

>sell high
>buy low
The only people getting fucked are bulls.

>m$ pooing on jewtel
this is already a great year !

>dec 19
>nov 29
>neither in 2018

this bug has been known for a while. for how long? we don't know, yet.

What is "insider trading" for $64,000, Alex.

Intel knew about and has been involved in this bug for a long time. Last November is when the top people realized that the news was about to leak into normiespace.

What bug?

Are you blind?

Are you just waking up user?
The one that's being spammed all around Sup Forums.

Been at work since I woke up, first time going on Sup Forums today
>According to one of the people working on it, PTI is only needed for Intel CPUs, AMD is not affected
Wew, almost thought I needed to be concerned.

This would not happen if the kernels were just made Rust.

This is a problem of CPU microarchitecture, not kernels. The kernels are working around the issue because the CPUs can't just get an OTA update and refabricate themselves.

>click thread
>have to reload a dozen times for the css to show up
What the fuck

Otellini rolling in his grave rn

Let's summarize guys
>(((diversity)))
>shitty yields
>constantly delayed 10 nm process
>suicidal avotons
>foreskin-based thermal paste instead of solder in the ihs
>even in their fucking xeons
>unscallable ringbus
>with netburst 2.0 like temps
>massive thermal infernos in their i9 processors
>1 fucking kilowatt overclocked
>the PowerPC 970 and the fucking 9590 look like a candle lit in the middle of the fucking Minnesota's winter in comparison with the i9
>now this horrible bug that will hamper at least 30% of the performance when its fixed
AMD did nothing and already its winning this year.

Why's the 970 get so much shit? Isn't it only like 130W or something else reasonable like that?

It gets shit because of the Apple/Intel Transition meme.

It was the real nuclear inferno of its times, even Netburst based Pentium 4's didn't sucked that kind of power or required that extreme cooling.
And also Apple. Its always cool to hate apple.

>And also Apple. Its always cool to hate apple.

What? Apple IS the reason the G5 got so much shit. Jobs bitched to his audiences that it couldn't reasonably hit 3 Ghz and that it couldn't fit inside of a Powerbook.

I'm not saying the contrary lad. The G5 in fact has bad rep cause Apple.

Oh. My fault.

> fix has a performance penalty of up to 40%
Be afraid.

Yes, but AMD CPUs don't actually need the fix.

I don't even care to be honest. Worst case scenario, speeds are pushed back to a time when, if you aren't some young brat, things weren't even that bad. I count modern speeds as a blessing because I remember what speeds used to be like. If you are scared of that, you're a spoiled brat. It's that simple.

If this means AMD isn't effected, good on them. Some market shock would probably do this spoiled shitless industry some good.

What happens if i don't apply the fix?

Rogue programs can read your kernel space and find things like encryption keys and pointers etc..

the hacker Sup Forums will get you

Then be prepared to run a cryptominer for someone else's benefit.

>Company was always shady
>Didn't want to share plans for new CPUs with their partner
>Decided to pretty much bribe people all around the world to no use competition products
Why do people ever though that their products are not full of shortcuts is beyond me

> things weren't even that bad
Software was also optimized better and far less bloated. Losing that much performance in current year is a bfd.

It will be very painful.

That means software companies will be encouraged to create less bloated software.

How is this not a win win? This could be a huge blessing in disguise.

Yep. Expect lawsuits.

i have a big rig

But why exactly can't a CPU microcode patch fix it? Where else could the issue be?

So what does this mean?

Is my 3770K affected?

BUY NOW BUY NOW BUY NOW
BUY HIGH SELL LOW

You can't put a bandaid to fix a defective heart
Intel is giving their enterprise customers more reasons to jump to the ARM ship

this is very ((( oy veyable ))) information

pure coincidence, user.

So does this mean AMD is now the king?

>pajeet will learn how to code overnight

Hardware. Specifically: checking that addresses read from/written to by speculatively executed instructions are actually read/writable in the current page table. This is checked in hardware, microcode runs maybe 2 micro-ops before #GP.

NOOOOOOOOOOOO

This doesn't mean anything

>captian dressed up as a woman and is hiding on one of the safeboards
>t. literal shill: this doesn't mean anything goy, he just likes cosplay and hiding

Of all the things that were reported, this is the one that actually means something. This tells you that Intel CEO doesn't believe they can resolve this issue without huge repercussions

Or you know, he gets partially payed in stock options and then just sells them when he gets paid, but no that is way to simple.

Still insider trading

might be something to do with the malicious ads Hiro added a while ago. Have you updated your adblocker filters in the last few weeks?

how is it insider trading if he acts up on information disclosed to public (that intel chips had backdoor, which's removal to secure your OS will cost up to 40% cpu speed)

That is dumbest thing I have ever heard

its pretty common for board members to sell their stocks throughout the years.

A lot of their compensation is in stocks or stock options.

You don't know much about trading, do you?

>Using Twitter as a source
>Posting from your normie phone.
Anyone got a real source for all this?

>Inb4 AMD fanboy posts.

>He sells his share
>Stupid goyim sell it, too
>His friendos buy it dirt cheap
>Intel is still the monopoly on the market so the prices would go back pretty soon
>PROFIT

lol, I literally studied economics and financial markets (back in the day when universities didnt suck due to marxist infiltration)..

but thx for pointing out my ignorance shill

nasdaq.com/symbol/intc/insider-trades?sortname=lastdate&sorttype=1

its not like its a big secret, this kind of shit has to be filled with the SEC.

Every high level executive does this stuff in pretty much every company.

Sometimes their sells coincide with bad news and people scream insider trading.

For you.

At an American college? Congrats, you done goofed.

FAKE news fuck off Drumpfkins

Intel is yass slaay

na, not from US.. but weirdly our colleges got infiltrated by marxists too.

seems like its an ((( global trend )))

No. More like non pajeet companies roll in and take advantage of this fantastic opportunity.

Wait a second... Does this mean that we should invest some shekels in AMD????

it means you better start investing before Intel stock plummets and AMD skyrockets
or you could always go the conservative option with something like Rockwell

>getting rammed from behind full force
>i don't care
NO WILL

He is fucked. Insider trading is completely haram.

someone run me down

>getting rammed from behind

What are you even talking about? There is no loss here. That's my point. The amount of money I've given to Intel in my life time is negligible, and I'm happy at the prospect that a lot of opportunity for hardware/software companies that I support is appearing.

News came out of a massive security bug in intel processors affecting computers potentially as far back as early 2000s.

Expect all systems running intel chips to take a performance hit. Hold off on buying Intel until we know how much of a performance hit it will cause.

>CEO sells large amounts of stock during end of quarter reviews
This is incredibly normal behavior
You fucking /biz/lets

>17 years of terrible Intel engineering decisions finally coming to bite them in the ass
That's a lot of poor products.

THERE
IS
NOTHING
WRONG
STOP
POSTING
THESE
THREADS!!!!!!

they deserve worse

RIP in peace Intel fags.

you guys realize that you'll never actually have any money unless you sell your stock, right?

>what are dividends

He already did this several times this year, and has done this in previous years. This is what a smart person does when they have a shit ton of stock from the company they work at and or run. In this case you don't want all of your eggs in a single basket, so you periodically sell some of your stock and diversify with other stocks form other companies, generally in various fields (so if the tech sector takes a massive hit, you can have investments in oil, or defense that are still doing well)

DIVERSIFY YOUR INVESTMENTS

just equifax all over again

See

normies didn't do shit over that either
>mfw society is all set to collapse and I've got all my assets nice and insulated from the coming SHFT
these people could be literally be getting stabbed in the streets en mass and none of the normalfags would do a damn thing
the sheeple meme really isn't a meme

>intel

BASELESS
RUMORS

If you read the article, you would see it specifically addresses this concern.

TLDR: The SEC filing also includes options exercising, but the trades in the headline are made from his PERSONAL stash, i.e. stuff that should NEVER be sold as part of an options exercise. Guy's probably sweating balls right now, he knows intel's going belly up

Intelbros how do we stop these AMD lies?

Intel damage control team on full alert.

welcome to Sup Forums

Wondering the same thing.
Just got a laptop with a i7-3820qm and am enjoying the massive performance boost over my old core2duo, but now I'm wondering for how long.

memetel has this supposed vuln
it's such a well guarded sekrit that this site is shitposting about it
yet there is no reflection on any of this in the stock price

That really makes me thienk

It's insider trading if he knows about something like that & acts on it stockwise BEFORE public disclosure happens; which this damn sure looks like.

stock market is closed right now

>stock price
>reflecting reality

>current state of intel shills

phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=linux-415-x86pti&num=2

ofcourse, this large scale vuln was only uncovered two seconds ago, right? No one has had time to react and sell. Nobody in the open source camp has been working on a patch or anything for months then obviously

>Intel gets taken over by Raja
IT WAS THE PLAN ALL ALONG, THAT SNEAKY PUNJAB.