/spg/ - Smartphone General

Fanboy Wars Edition

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>Reviews, specs, comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Recommended Chinkphones
pastebin.com/eMtwGjJX (embed) (embed) (embed)

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone
>PRAISE THE CHINKPHONES unless you live in America you shits

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LG_smartphone_bootloop_issues
ebay.com/itm/182904137410
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

First for Sony xperia XA1
It just arrived today

alright it's been an hour
im taking suggestions for a different rom for my redmeme

What's the point of curved screens and rounded edges?

More screen space without a bigger chassis

To differentiate your shit phones and sell some gimmics to consumers.

Mi-globe.com

>$300 budget
>willing for refurbished
>fine with chinkshit (really like Huawei for some reason)
>needs to have type C charger because that's the new thing they all will have in 2 years

I currently have a standard iPhone 6 and I want to drop Apple completely. What fits the above, isn't iShit, and is objectively better than my iShit phone?

To break more phones and have $300 screen replacement that sell more phones.

>miui

Huawei Mate 9, it's $399 new so should be able to find it ~$300 used

Anonymous 01/01/18(Mon)23:04:47 No.64100484

I bricked my Huawei P9 trying to install LineageOS, and am now using a Galaxy Note 4... its really slow though.

Are there any proper roms that wont lag and break like ass or should I just buy a Chinkphone?

reposting
best phone under 600usd? Mostly camera quality, does the 5t count? V30 way too pricey. Must have headphone jack and bonus for dual sim without occupying the microsd slot

How the hell you brick that? Unless your volume button is broken I don't see why it can't be fixed.

Get 5t and install modded Gcam.

Tfw, no phones that match my criteria atm.

Is it a bad idea to consider the LG G5? It's not new anymore but still has a pretty good processor, good camera, headphone jack, SD card slot, FM radio, removable battery, even an IR BLASTER. And it's like $135 used on ebay. Is there really a better valued phone out there with even half of these features?

What's your criteria?

>is it a bad idea
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LG_smartphone_bootloop_issues
>"Several smartphone models introduced by LG Electronics between 2015 and 2016 were discovered by users to have manufacturing defects, all of which eventually cause the devices to become unstable, and/or stuck in a loop of reboots attempting to boot, rendering them effectively inoperable—an issue that had been nicknamed a bootloop."
It's $135 on eBay for a reason.

>+4000 mAh battery
>Snapdragon 630 or 636
>5.5'' screen

How energy efficient snapdragon 835 is compared to 600-series? It's 10nm vs 600-series is still 14nm.

>LG G5
It's almost 2 years old phone so battery is degraded to shit.

600 series parts uses low power because they're clocked lower

why do you need those exact specifications?

Already knew about this but I don't see much evidence of it happening on the G5 though. Then I'd just replace it. Might try one of these high capacity batteries
ebay.com/itm/182904137410

>ebay.com/itm/182904137410
That is a scam, how you think you fit 4000 mAh battery there when the space is for 2800 mAh battery?

Because there is no more new models for 625 with +4000 mAh battery. And redmi note 4 is still same price.

>Sony xperia XA1
But why?

Try the Xiaomi Mi Max 2. Has the SD625 and a 5300 mAh battery.

>Sony xperia XA1
>2300mAh battery
>MT6757 Helio P20

Enjoy your 2h SoT.

is this basically official dpi setting?

Yeah and a fucking 6,44'' screen. I wish they make Lenovo p3 with 5100 mAh battery and 5.5'' screen like in p2.

It's not that bad, actually.

I am writing this post on a phone with a 5.7" screen and I am feeling cramped...

dude what's your budget

so the phone i bought - Galaxy S8, it only has one speaker.

isn't that MONO audio? are phones these days so shit they don't even have stereo audio?

How retarded would it be to get an essential phone and use it without a case? There's very few cases for it and they look shitty.

Do you drop phones regularly?

300€ max

Only at my desk really since I always use two hands when out and about. I really should get a dock or something so I don't yank the charging cable though.

How does the ZTE Max XL compare to the iPhone 6?

both shit.

you could get a zuk z1 or le eco pro 3 (snapdragon 801 and 821, respectively) if you're willing to stretch that budget a bit.
Not sure if you need exactly a snapdragon 63x, or just that level of performance.

Is the ZTE more or less shit? And why is it shit?

JUST GOT MY 5T, HAVEN'T PUT IT DOWN YET

Is my redmeme fucked? none of the roms I flashed moved past the boot logo

Reflash it with the global stable Romantic with Miflash while your device is in fast boot mode.

If you see a logo while it's booting it's not fucked but the ROMs you are using probably are.

Is the Huawei Honor 8 a good phone?

*ROM

Goddammit autocorrect.

Axon 8 when

what do you all think the best phones are when it comes to battery and processing speed.

i pretty much fucked my s6 active's charging port to death and wondering what to get early this year

Will you be purchasing this new "raspberry" color LG V30?

>Mediakek

Enjoy having to throw the phone away when Sony stops firmware updates.

because of power efficiency.

stopped already.

Fuck no.

>power efficiency
>4 Ah battery
what are you planning to do with your phone

It comes with a free matching dildo though.

Not to charge it every 10 hours.

>No need to charge it constantly
>battery stays better for longer period

Redpill me on the Oneplus 5 please. I

the snapdragon 821 and 630 are both 14nm.

pic rel

Best Bluetooth headphones for under $150? Over ear preferred, AptX is a plus too.

Yes but 630 is way more power efficient ship than power hungry 821.

Enjoy your Cortex-A53

Sennheiser HD 4.40BT. $100 right now and have a very very nice sound to them

Normal for op3 to have slow af WiFi?

>Enjoy your Cortex-A53
Well then he will be enjoying +10h SoT, whats bad about that?

>mfw I've finally learned how to root and install custom rom
It only just took me a fucking day to learn everything while searching for the right twrp that actually works and unbricking the goddamn phone with a stock rom because none works.

How do I make my homescreen look like the Pixel 2 homescreen?

Are you one of these manchildren who play mobile games or what is your point? 625 is the most power efficient chip on phones right now.

Continue to enjoy simple web pages taking 20 seconds to render.

So I got an iPhone 6s. Will report back if it’s actually garbage fagshit or not.

Looks like shit.

Enjoy your throttling

Dude, I want to get OFF one, why would you go TOO one?

Hell no. Something fucky with yours.

That's literally me yesterday with Mi A1. The sweet outcome outweight 8 hours of shitting pants.

I hate how all flashing guides assume you've flashed ROMS before
Had to flash the Global ROM to a friend's Mi6 and the full handholding guide is somewhere obscure and as far as I know, it's completely different for most other phones

kys

Who hurt you?

nothing.

Notefags worse than iFags confirmed

It's weird, but on my ipod, I can't load blue board pages without it crashing, but on my android it's fine. I'm worried I might have gotten that malware everyone is saying is going around.

S8fag here, not sure how good it is compared to everything else right now but anything beats the shitty iphone 5c i had

OnePlus 5T vs Best Alternatives [Specs]

Thinking of the pixel 2 xl vs the lgv30+.

The camera is better on the pixel. The lg30+ has a headphone jack (I know the lgv30+ has a hifi dac) but I'm satisfied by v4a. I guess the deal breaker is the pixel has no sd card slot.

Should I just wait next year?

Yeah it's strange. My house or my gf's house, WiFi a shit.
We both have op3s too, mine on O hers on Android N.

Probably Oreo fuck up. Do a full reset .

Nah, just get Og Pixel. Still powerful.

Looking to upgrade from a (nearly 2 year old) Redmeme Note 3.
Would you recommend the 5T, Mate 9 or Mate 10? The 10 is slightly more expensive where I live but I'm not sure whether it's worth it. Just need something reliable. Battery life is a priority.

Note 8

Headphone jack and almost as good a camera as the pixel.

>iPhone
>ever

I'm so happy my boss loosened up on his iPhone only standard after we switched our dealer management software to something android friendly for when I need to do shit on the go. Had an iPhone 5, 6, 6s, and 7+ before moving over to an android phone last year. The s7 edge I had was pretty shit and overheated constantly but this note 8 is hands down the best phone I've ever had. Why can't applel get on the oled train? I know the iPhone x has one but Samsung been using them for years. The screens in the standard iPhones look like washed out trash.

Which is why you ignore them.

They're attention whores, much like the teenage girls spamming animoji they're trying so hard to emulate.

Meizu m6 note exists

Is 8GB of RAM really worth it?