APOLOGIZE

APOLOGIZE

Other urls found in this thread:

phoronix.com/forums/forum/phoronix/latest-phoronix-articles/998707-initial-benchmarks-of-the-performance-impact-resulting-from-linux-s-x86-security-changes
youtube.com/watch?v=qgiUuTmXyGs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

"Playstation 4 like victory" is no victory.

THANK YOU KELLER
BASED SHITWRECKER

I bought a 1600, so have nothing to apologise for.

No.

phoronix.com/forums/forum/phoronix/latest-phoronix-articles/998707-initial-benchmarks-of-the-performance-impact-resulting-from-linux-s-x86-security-changes

For what?
They just didn't had an efficient CPU for laptops, when I was buying one.
And as I can see - they still don't have.

LOL

the A12 is decent even though it is based on 28nm Excavator (Bulldozer).

For not building a back door into their cpu like Intel did.

But who said, that AMD doesn't have one? They have a PSP, so it does the same thing. They claim, that this could be turned off, but I highly doubt that it kills it completely.
And who said that ME is an backdoor? It is some sort of coprocessor for secure stuff, like encryption. Or is it?
Do they have a CPU/APU with TPD under 30W, like Intel low-voltage Core i5 & i7 that is installed in MacBooks Air and other shit?

The Ryzen APUs are sub 30W

THIRTY PERCENT
H
I
R
T
Y

>tfw AMDfag

YEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Damn... Datacenter guys won't like that.

I see it now. I was always the guy on Sup Forums that always said, and I quote "Best pipelining, best instruction set, best branch prediction".

I am prepared for ridicule. I am prepared for the ass kicking that I will receive. I bend the knee and ask for forgiveness. If it does not come, then I understand and accept my fate.

>But who said, that AMD doesn't have one?
AMD have updated their AGESA code which allows you to disable their PSP.

As far as I can tell, it's still all closed-source. There is now a bios option to "disable PSP" but without source code, who knows if it actually does

I think the reason it's closed source is because AMD contracted stuff out and they legally can't decide to open the source; they'd have to get the people they contracted to agree to it.

>best branch prediction
but you were right it just turns out best isn't necessarily safest

Wew lad

It's a security measure, they will disable that crap for amd after testing I guess

I was going to buy a ryzen before even this intel thing.

THANK YOU BASED AMD
AMD EPYC’s Secure Encrypted Virtualization (SEV) Feature Demo
youtube.com/watch?v=qgiUuTmXyGs

WTF I JUST GOT A 8700K

AMD's team have already submitted a pull request to disable the security flag on their chips. In their words, out chips aren't vulnerable to these kinds of attacks.

Doesn't really matter because it doesn't get to this point. Also, not sure that it would be secure given the architectural issue being exposed.. So yeah, not really relevant, but still cool.

Omg. Wow

Bye intel scrubs. Don't forget to die in a fire.

I regret not buying amd now considering I just ordered a motherboard/processor a week ago

I AM FUCKING SORRY

Send that shit back and get Ryzen. Or wait Ryzen+ now.

When does the ryzen+ come out?

>you will never own a pair of hot asian cosplaying sluts as your fucktoys

why even be in this plane of existence?

REEEE I WILL NEVER PAJEET HOUSEFIRE

DAMNIT WHY U DO DIS 2 ME INTEL WHYYYY
DAMNIT RAJEET U WILL REGRET THIS

Miiine lols

bitch, what? ryzen mobile is da boss.

YA DUN GOOFD

Zen1 dropped 3rd quarter of 2017 and Raven Ridge mobile SOC dropped 4th quarter.

Raven Ridge desktop (am4 socket) drops first quarter of 2018 then Zen+ (ryzen2/vega2) at 2nd quarter.

Next year is Zen2 which is (ryzen/vega3)

zen1/zen+/zen2 all will use the AM4 socket

Wow, just wow. Intel is going to have a shit year because A) They will have lost their edge when it comes to reliability B) Because they are going to need to redesign their cpus to fix the fault and C) They are going to get trounced by their competitors, not just AMD either

>missed the closing time of the local computer store today by 30mins.
>was literally going to buy i7 8700k if I made it in time
>came home to read this
>now I will wait for that sweet sweet price crash
>mfw

Was building a computer out of scrap, now I'm going to wait for the crash too as a quad core i7 of nearly any generation has to be better then a duel core A6 apu

Depending on how badly this effects me, I might just buy the new ryzen shit as long as the motherboards support virtualization.

Datacenter guy here. We don't like this one bit.

But only because people will ask me to put in AMD and ARM severs now. I haven't played with the current gen AMD server hardware yet, but historically they barf heat. The ARM sever hardware on the other hand are realatively cool, but do not perform how your expect if your used to Intel, and people bitch and moan that we must have done something wrong, because it's "slow".

>victory is no victory
you should look up what that word means, kiddo

honestly, in a worst case scenario intel loses 60% of its speed, that a6 is going to be better.

now a more typical 15-30%, you may have an argument, but its more of a why bother for X price argument.

Im sorry for betraying my lifetime trust in you the last year for some shitty intel meme

>Was thinking of purchasing coffee lake

>Decide to go for Ryzen 1700x because Microcenter is running a crazy deal

>That feel when you didn't buy a 30% slower brick