Other urls found in this thread:

collaboraoffice.com/community-en/libreoffice-vanilla-mac-app-store/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It certainly is.

yes

you can just google it and download it for free

>tuh-thanks

It's an official release.

It was done this way because when you download LO from their own website, there's a donation prompt, and the mac app store doesn't allow this.

collaboraoffice.com/community-en/libreoffice-vanilla-mac-app-store/

Note that apt / dnf / pacman don't prompt you to donate, either, but payment wasn't necessary.

Yeah but why wouldn't you just use WPS or Google docs?

>being this proprietary

Google docs is shit and only useful if you’re in high school

did anything happen yet after the mascot vote

on Windows:
> it's free

on Mac:
> $9.99

muh "open source is not evil" meme

It’s still free on macos, reddit spacing

what the fuck does open source have to do with applel pricing it at $10?

stupid tax baka

How about you be a professional and an adult and get office instead of shitty alternatives.

Apple didn’t price it, do you understand how the App Store works?

okay, what does it being open source have to do with libre document foundation or whatever pricing it? they can charge what they want

>on Windows:
>> it's free
you are "free" to fork libreoffice and put it on the microsoft store for $10

Im not the person who made that post you replied to, I was just saying Apple didn’t set that price

Last time i checked you need a lot of money to put something in the apple appstore this is why more software in there is paid compared to windows store and google play. And yes this is legal GPL allows for this. Also if you are going to use some software regularly whether it is free or paid you should give money to the devs. Don't be a dick.

Look at this please

>you need a lot of money to put something in the apple appstore
It's just $100/year, don't be a dick! Ask for donations!

Even Stallman says you can charge for libre software as much as you can if you want.

What they did:
>take LO GPL'd code
>rebrand it as LO Vanilla
>license LO Vanilla under GPL
>charge $10 for LO Vanilla
>include LO Vanilla source code with the application
Basically you're paying $10 for the convenience of installing it through the App Store.

Yeah but if you wanted to contribute why not just donate so they don't lose money to Apple?

Does apple allow asking for donations in the appstore?

no. thats against appstore TOS

What's wrong here?
If LO didn't do it themselves, they should have.
Donations requires more work for the user and this means it doesn't happen that often.
Putting a price on the app store makes it easier for normies to donate when installing it.

I don't see the problem.
Sup Forums seriously underestimates the amount of people who will pay for something if it's easier to download from an app store than to get for free.

Yes, I agree. But a lot of people, especially Mac OS X users, value convenience above all else.

>first libby
>now can be bought on the apple store
what is going on with these people

do they have to pay to have it listed there

What in the hell happened to that guy

this is an office suite, dumbass

Yes. There is nothing in the open source licenses like GNU that says you cannot sell it for money.

In fact the only reason corporates don't adopt GPL is because it requires the CODES to be shared, not the final product.

this
it's their store, and it's totally legal to sell free software
and they're not even trying to hide the fact it's free, the descriptions says you can get it for free

top fucking kek
nice one apple..

>That much backpedaling
Libbie shook them to the core

>fucking up something as simple as an art contest
>trusting them with your documents
I'll stick with open office, thanks.

It is free to download, but buying from the app store is just a way to donate.

yes, if they give you the source code

top fucking kek

>>t-thanks applel!
>I'm so retarded that I think Apple put LibreOffice on the store
>I also not understand the GPL
A thread died for this

>top fucking kek
Sage

who gets the moneys?

iWork is better than libreoffice and completely free on macs.

Apple actually gets 30% of that.

If this software is GPL, then it's illegal to put in the Apple App Stores. IIRC, no additional restrictions may be applied to GPL-licensed software.

>Collabora
>official
lel

Or get iWork, which is better for macOS and free as in free beer.

ms office would cost you 9.99 a month on applel os

Yea it's legal to sell OSS, even though you can go to the source and get it for nothing. It's called a retard tax.

ah yes, lets pay apple 10 dead presidents to do what you can do in 5 minutes for free via the libreoffice website

why doesn't it surprise me that mac users would pay apple to open a free .dmg file on their computer

can not really see your problem here.
they even say that you can download it for free, this is just an option for them to make some money.

>wonder why there's so little open source programs and substitutes for proprietary bloatware
>refuse to support programmers who make them
my almond has entered a state of full activation

no
no no no
nnnnooooooooo

leave the thread

this is a private company trying to profit off another developers source code

BE GONE

Libbie is a fucking inside job retards, the real conspiracy was that they discarded the parrot mascot in the preliminary vote because it was obvious it would win.

Not even googling it. It includes a link to where you can get it for free

Support the devs, freeloaders. We can afford the computer, we can afford the program.

Yep, it is legal, GPL meant freedom of distribution, so you can sell it, or you can allow free downloads.

Meh, I'd better make a patch.

You are too stupid to understand the LibreOffice developers are the ones that uploaded the application to the App Store and set the price. You probably have an IQ in the double digits, and you should go back to Sup Forums or whatever shithole you came from.

It's perfectly legal. They just have to provide you with the source code when you buy it.

>"Libre Office Vanilla"

What is "Libre Office HARDCORE" like?

It's not as advanced in some area, but the Google scripting behind it is quite powerful tho.

OpenOffice > LibreOffice

Saging for someone using a phrase that originated on Sup Forums?

>the Google scripting behind it is quite powerful tho

You sound like you never made it past "hello world".

What the fuck does that even mean? lol my sides

>libre
>10$

Do you even know what libre means?

You can use use google sheets as reliable sql server

>he doesn't know

>recommended for users who want the convenience of installing from the App Store and getting automatic updates
Literally for retards too scared to leave Apple's walled garden and likely have no idea how to set their Mac to allow manual software installation. It's preying on the stupid and unethical, but certainly not illegal.

nice doubles

Bought a Mac.

no. this is someone else that stole the libreoffice source and is selling it. literally says on the domain that its not an official libreoffice release.

>i got caught bullshitting
>better start memeing
kek

>stole the libreoffice source
>stole foss software
>stole

That's more expensive than releasing a game on Steam lmao

Iae gringo

Libre Office BDSM Latex - Shiny & Tight! Edition.
Only $69.69

just...wow. I knew applefags were patsies but this is just over the top. do appletards even ponder the possibility of a world outside of the walled garden?

I think this is pretty acceptable, since the code is GPL'd they can charge whatever they want... Also Applel has nothing to do with this price tag.

who the fuck pays for open source? More specifically who the fuck pays for something that can be torrented

you're mum