So the latest Intel bug has found there is virtually no impact on games. However...

So the latest Intel bug has found there is virtually no impact on games. However, the system used to test the games was Intel/AMD (Vega 64, which uses it's own independent scheduler).

But Nvidia uses cpu scheduling for draw calls, and this relies on kernel level access. Nvidia cards are likely going to get nerfed when the intel patch rolls out. Nvidia devs are in panic mode atm with this new development.

Other urls found in this thread:

phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=x86-PTI-Initial-Gaming-Tests
twitter.com/grsecurity/status/948170302286172160
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kepler_(microarchitecture)#Simplified_Instruction_Scheduler
bitsandchips.it/52-english-news/8053-welcome-back-asynchronous-compute-queues-gcn-1-0
techpowerup.com/240187/amd-struggles-to-be-excluded-from-unwarranted-intel-vt-flaw-kernel-patches
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>[citation needed]

>phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=x86-PTI-Initial-Gaming-Tests
>For this quick testing was a Radeon RX Vega 64 running on the Intel Core i7 8700K "Coffee Lake" system with Linux 4.15.

>[citation needed]

Who was in the wrong?

2018 year of AMD confirmed for real this time

Need that tested with an nVidia GPU

But I use Ayymd and nvidia.
1950x + 1080ti is best combo.
I can render shit all day and play vidyia if I want.
Stop trying to meme nvidia like intel, also Lisa Su is Jensen in drag jfyi.

exactly. nvidia rely heavily on cpu for draw calls so it's going to be interesting to see the impact this will have

WHAT?

It's all good
Volta has it's own scheduler.

V100 does
Consumer cards dont

>intel + nvidia users getting double cucked

If you'd told me a year ago that AMD would end up dominating both the CPU and GPU market in such a short time, I would have laughed at you. Damn blind luck hit AMD this year.

intel/amd master race reporting in. feels good man.

>and GPU
user, buttcoin mining isn't dominating the GPU market.
Their CPUs are GOAT but don't get that far, you're almost at shill tier but I know AMD fanboys are spread all over the internet so I doubt mommy su is paying you.

good luck getting nvdia drivers to work with -rc kernel

Ok now I'm convinced This is a giant AMD false flag.
Suddenly Intel will lose 30% performance AMD unaffected.
Then suddenly, Nvidia will take a hit but AMD is unaffected.

I call bullshit

I'm talking about this potential nerfing of Nvidia GPUs because of Intel's fuckup. And I have no AMD parts in my computer. They just seem to be a better and better competitor.

Well AMD won't die time nvidia release volta.

I have both Intel and Nvidia....
jesus christ...

check my doubles

post scared 6.jpg

Alright

good
carry on

Lots of people use AMD + nvidia setups (me included)
You don't need to go full retard with the vegapoo just because ryzen is good you know.
Brand loyalty is retarded, get the best performance you can get instead.

intel

>Nvidia devs are in panic mode atm with this new development.

>my dad works at Nvidia

twitter.com/grsecurity/status/948170302286172160

>63% performance hit

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kepler_(microarchitecture)#Simplified_Instruction_Scheduler
>Additional die spaces are acquired by replacing the complex hardware scheduler with simple software scheduler.
Apparently so does Fermi.

>twitter.com/grsecurity/status/948170302286172160
% performance hit
Lol I need a coffee this is just too good. I think it must be aliens now. Just too perfect.

Nvidiots btfo bros. Sweeeet.

>Stage 1: Denial

Didn't AMD disable Async Compute on GCN 1.0 cards?

this is the last time I make this mistake myself my dude, just upgraded last tax season. You know what's going to happen again this tax season? another new PC build that's neither intel or Nvidia

So why is no one benchmarking the patch with Nvidia gpus yet?

>probably going to end with a class action lawsuit
>Intel has to reveal that NSA/Mossad forced them to implement this 'bug' to the court
2018 is off to a good start.

I'm pretty sure only one guy has bothered benchmarking it at all. You'll see more tomorrow when it goes public.

>NVidia and Intel Owner
>KURVA KURVA KURVA KURVA

i7 + 280x here
oh well, its something

shhh user, it's AMDrones time to make 500 threads and meme non stop even though nvidia has nothing to do intel jewish tactics and fuckups.

>he doesn't have a 1950x and crossfire vega 64 x 2
Bugs? What bugs? No bugs here.

>virtually no impact on games
More like vega is too slow to reach the 8700k's new minimum.

You have to use a sandy/haswell i5 which most people have and a 1060/1070/1080/vega to really see it's impact on the majority.

It was renabled long time ago.
bitsandchips.it/52-english-news/8053-welcome-back-asynchronous-compute-queues-gcn-1-0

Great news.
Thanks, user.

>tfw own an intel+nvidia pc
J U S T
U
S
T
Fuck my shit up

Amd effected also!!!
SHILLS losing even more speed

techpowerup.com/240187/amd-struggles-to-be-excluded-from-unwarranted-intel-vt-flaw-kernel-patches

>*unflags it*
Done.

AMD doesn't need the patch, Intel does.

Even if you're an AMD user you shouldn't be happy. This shit affects literally most fucking computers. It could cause an economic recession.

What's up with the obese redditors who unironically use le ebic reddit asterisks?

>spreading lies and misinformation in multiple threads

Intel damage control squad is here.

That's an old way of denoting action on irc chats. something a little before your time.

Both PS4 and Xbox One use AMD processors, Nintendo uses Tegra x1

All three are probably breathing a sigh of relief they didn't go with intel this generation with each performances already being shit compared to PC

retard alert

>>Additional die spaces are acquired by replacing the complex hardware scheduler with simple software scheduler.
Everyone knows that, but that doesn't mean that the driver needs to do user-kernel context switches to perform that work.

>nvidia rely heavily on cpu for draw calls
That doens't mean that they rely on syscalls for it, however.

>If you want to game with an Intel CPU, you need to buy an AMD GPU (Intel also integrates it themselves in their upcoming high-end mobile).

>If you want to game with an Nvidia GPU, you have to buy an AMD CPU.

>You have to buy an AMD product either way.