Building a PC

How hard is it really?
>muh legos
what about all the cables? Alternating between 5 different manuals? Troubleshooting?

Seriously Lego tier. There's a diagram of your motherboard in the user handbook. Plug the power cables into the corresponding sockets. Done

Luv peecee

>what about all the cables?
They only go into right places. you cant connect the cable wrong.
Sata cable goes into sata hole
12-pin cable goes into 12 pin hole
Ram only sticks into ram hole
Gpu only sticks into gpu hole
Fans connect to fan connectors (it's even written on them)

It's like putting a puzzle together.

How do you know which cables you need from the psu to mobo? Aside from 24pin and sata for ssd the manual doesn't say anything

>what about all the cables?
Here's a full list of cables you have to connect for a simple build

12 pin from PSU to motherboard 12pin connector

4 pin from PSU to mobo 4 pin connector

For each your Hard or Solid state drive you connect it with SATA cable to motherboard and connect power from your PSU to it.

Connect power to your GPU

connect fans to fan headers on the mobo (CPU fan to the CPU_FAN marked pins)

>Connect the front panel with USB ports and power button to the motherboard as specified in the user manual of MOBO

That's about it.

>How do you know which cables you need from the psu to mobo? Aside from 24pin and sata for ssd the manual doesn't say anything

All there are.

Every device has inputs. connect them all to the PSU until there are no empty input holes.

When you take a look at your build and you see that every device has all the cables stuck into it it probably is ready to work.

Thanks user

All cables from the PSU that can be connected to the mobo must be connected. If it fits it sits. All connectors are literally 100% retard proof. If you so happen to forget one the system will either not start or halt to notify you with a beep/led. It's virtually impossible to damage your system.

The exception is interchanging modular PSU cables. This will burn your house down.

what manuals? wtf

Those manuals would say the same things anyway.
MB manual:
>RAM goes in these slots. Use A1 and B1 for dual-channel
RAM manual:
>RAM goes in the slot on the motherboard. Please refer to motherboard manual for further instructions on placement.

If you can stick your ram into PCI slot you deserve a medal.
Even if you fuck up your worst case scenario is working in single channel.

>interchanging modular PSU cables
i have a modular psu

Not all mobos boot when there's no RAM installed in slot 0.

That's no problem if you only use the cables that came with the PSU.

As soon as you have a second modular PSU in your house you need to label those fuckers if they look alike and share some/all PSU side connectors or they will eventually end up in the same drawer and burn your house down when installed.

Can you elaborate though?
Is that some meme or what?

Why would cables from one PSU magically fuck up when you connect them to the other PSU?

PSU cables are standardized on the motherboard side, not on the PSU side. Never interchange cables and units from different manufacturers (or even different models).

I find this thread cute, thanks for being nice Sup Forumsentlemen, another kid will build a pc instead of buying an iphone

>Needing any manuals other than maybe your motherboard io header

This, fa.m

DON'T
MIX
MODULAR
PSU
CABLES

ever

>manuals
If you have IQ above 60 you don't need a manual

This. I have a warm fuzzy feeling inside. Let's tell him about the massive Intel fuckup and let him restore balance to the force.

Whats the intel fuck up? i've been drunk since new year

they discovered a critical vulnerability in CPU design.
Workaround to cover it up will gimp performance from 5 to 30%

All Intel CPUs older than Core2Duo are affected.

Well, you weren't born with the knowledge about PC building. You had to learn sometime from either a manual or a friend that you are not always free to pick a RAM slot or SATA even when combining with M.2. Neither do all mobos have the front panel header layout printed on the silkscreen.

TL:DR; Even if you have a high IQ you need a manual/instruction once.

I actually just took my PC apart and it was enough to figure out how to put it back together.

Oh, well that sucks, thats what happens when you intentionally put backdoors in your cpus

Im sure there are some idiot proof guides on howtogeek or sites like that

Well, sure. Then you learned how a very specific configuration looked like. That wouldn't guarantee a second successful built.

>thats what happens when you intentionally put backdoors in your cpus

Yeah, but the intention to put it in was probably avoiding prosecution by the U.S. government that mandated this backdoor.

Which is another manual/instruction.

Noone is forcing you to build your company in the US

You got me

>alternating between 5 different manuals
It is all summarized in the motherboard manual.

>how hard is it really
So easy that watching a 10.01 minute video on the topic would make you ashamed for not just doing it.

You don't know that. In the name of national security a lot of human rights can be violated. In the end all Intel key figures are just humans with families which they want to protect. If you are extorted or threatened you may drop some morals.

this
learned how to build a pc from just a short tek syndicate video

:(

What about static? Is a wristband enough? I would build on a wooden table, tile floor. That ok?

If I - one-eyed epileptic - can build a working PC without manuals - for you it will be even more easy.

>12pin
>4pin

How long ago did you last build a pc?
Motherboard needs a general 24pin and most CPUs now need 8pin not 4pin.

except you can put a pcie cable into the 8pin mobo slot and fry your cpu

Just watch a youtube video of a guy with similar parts putting it together. Check the appropriate manual if there’s any inconsistencies, they are usually very clear with pictures and even qr codes to videos nowadays.

>All Intel CPUs older than Core2Duo are affected.
Dis nigga means YOUNGER than. Any Intel chip from the last 10 years.

no, not unless you force it in and break the connector
even on 6+2 where its split, square peg wont fit into round hole, you drooling retard

i made it fit once. had to scrap the mobo after that.

It's so hard if you accomplish this feat by yourself, or just a part of it, like replacing a 500gb drive with a 1tb one, you'll be on the national news.

What about applying paste and de-lidding tho, I have some liquid paste that I've never had the guts to use