AMD processors are not subject to the types of attacks

lkml.org/lkml/2017/12/27/2

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA

INTEL BTFO

PAJEETS ON SUICIDE WATCH

Other urls found in this thread:

lkml.org/lkml/2017/12/27/2
techpowerup.com/240187/amd-struggles-to-be-excluded-from-unwarranted-intel-vt-flaw-kernel-patches
twitter.com/AnonBabble

kernel patch doesn't differentiate between intel and AMD cpus.
AMD is getting shafted ether way.

Based amd

>he doesn't know
DAMAGE CONTROL

nice try pajeet

the link tells a different story

Thats not how it works sweetie.

>lkml.org/lkml/2017/12/27/2

you don't know shit nigger

I bet amd processors are affected, too.
It's just that amd tries to hide it and Intel is doing the needful and stands up for their customers

did you read the op link you retard?

finally we know why intel stutter in game

Nothing there that proves me wrong, pajeet

>INTEL BTFO
>AMD ON SUICIDE WATCH
What did he mean by this?

you're retarded if you can't read C

>taking linux seriously when it just dipped below 2% market share AGAIN

>implying that this wont happen on windows machines
huh

The actual commit specifically enforces on ALL x86 CPUs despite AMD not being effected.

whether not this will be the case forever, who knows. But for the time being the kernel maintainers aren't allowing AMD CPUs a pass.

Linux will see exponential growth of adoption on notebook / desktops in this year

Raja in intel now

It won't because despite the thing being half asses by pajeets experience software devs oversee the final products and make sure it's as stable and reliable as possible for the LTSB variants at least.

how much is intel bribing them with or has the loonix dev community always been this incompetent?

pls sirs tell me if AMD isn't affected why has the kernel developers disabled on AMD as well
pls thank you
-ranjeet from XDA

>how much is intel bribing them with or has the loonix dev community always been this incompetent?
The people trying to keep it there are literally Intel employees who are trying to pretend they're just doing it to be safe.

People, it doesn't fucking matter, vanilla kernel is vanilla kernel, distro maintainers will just flip the switch for their distro.

Thankfully since this is open-source we can modify the kernel to let amd processors pass.

You don't need to modify shit, it's just setting a switch on or off.

To be more precise

go into grub
set pti=off
done

which intel processors have this "kernel flaw"?

only the ones that were made this century :^)

everything in the past decade

The real question for me is whether or not the windows patch will differentiate between intel and amd.

GPU != CPU

oh sweetheart

techpowerup.com/240187/amd-struggles-to-be-excluded-from-unwarranted-intel-vt-flaw-kernel-patches

>amd hiding anything

Who here /JUSTED/?

Circumvented with a simple kernel boot flag,
until the subsequent AMD patch hits the mainline kernel.