Why is there no gaming oriented linux distro?

Why is there no gaming oriented linux distro?
>gpu drivers
>memory management
>wifi
>cpu scheduler

All in all it would only take a few thousand lines of code and would get rid of the linux bloatware.

so make one

If there have been one, all of them would be.
>memory management
>wifi
>cpu scheduler
These are absolutely fine as it is.

>>gpu drivers
Name one thing wrong with Nvidia drivers on Linux.

>>memory management
Name one thing wrong with memory management on Linux.

>>wifi
Name one thing wrong with Intel NIC drivers.

>>cpu scheduler
Name one thing wrong with existing schedulers and why you can't change it.

There's one :^)

>Name one thing wrong with intel..
Hmm.

Also nothing was said about them having problems, rather that they include other software that is unneeded.

Why is there no anime oriented Linux distro?

So you claim to have never even heard of SteamOS?

k

>rather that they include other software that is unneeded
Like every other OS?

CloverOS

Exactly why I asked the question in OP. I think you may need to go back to school and learn to read.

>Why is there no gaming oriented linux distro?
Because there's nothing to play.

Solus has the newest steam runtimes and they even commit upstream patches to optimize games and even fix games that are broken with mesa/opengl glibc ect.

no games

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

*cough*

Steam OS.

*couch*

He said Linux DISTRO you mong. Learn to read now you learned to ctrl-v.

Back in 2001 there was Mandrake Gaming Edition.

> (OP)
>I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.
>Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.
>There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.
Thanks Richard!

>gaming oriented
>wifi
what did he mean by this?

What else do you expect from Wintoddlers?

Solus/Steam OS