/wt/ Watch Thread

This thread is about the appreciation of Whorology, as well as the micro-engineering and materials engineering that are required to make a fine watch, clock, or other timepiece.

>Required viewing for noobies:
youtu.be/G1XBb7kJJWg

>Strap Guide:
pastebin.com/SwRysprE

>Watch essentials 102:
pastebin.com/VBAu4Rwi

Old thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

creationwatches.com/products/seiko-divers-60/seiko-automatic-divers-200m-skx013-skx013k1-skx013k-mens-watch-1702.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

First for SARB035 is /our/ watch

first for you're a faggot

those are retarded and they look cheap because seiko basically sells the same watch as a seiko 5 for 1/4 the price.

I owned a Seiko 5 and decided to get a SARB next as I hated not being able to hand wind my watch. The difference in quality is clearly apparent and I ended up selling my 5. SARB is not a perfect watch by any means, but it is way better then Seiko 5's

nice Parnis replica

What's the best budget Casio?

True, except for the dial, hands, case, and movement.

Yeah but to an outside viewer it looks almost the same and is it really worth four times the price? I mean what do you get for that slightly better finishing and what is basically the same movement but with with some different materials and extra parts? I would be a lot more into Seiko as a company if they made something like in the OP's photo.

So because of some dumb outside viewer's opinion I should not bother getting a nicer watch for myself? Nah fuck that.

I am thinking about getting a watch for my boyfriend, I have seen this one recommended from a lot of people on /wt/, will he like it?

And then it comes pic related... pretty crazy.

> wish instead of $100 useful watches that are reliable and good, I wish seiko would make $25,000 hand made gold watches as their main product

yeah ok

and I wish Chevy pickup trucks were more like Lambroginis

Yes

I would like it

Does he have a watch collection? Many automatics? Diver watches?

Most likely he would like it anyway. Its a solid watch for travelling, vacation, sea stuff, hard use etc.

cool thanks
I guess he has what you would call a small watch collection, nothing worth more than about $100 dollars though and most of them worth less than that. I know he likes steel watches with the rotating ring on them and he swaps out watches so he does not like the ones you have to wind every day or they stop

Should I buy a nemes glashuette metro

f-91w

Is AU$285 a good price for a SKX013 (1 month old) with documentation, rubber strap, and strapcode super oyster included? Thinking of treating myself for my birthday. Can be had new for AU$247 from skywatches with jubilee.

No, get a Club. The 'wire' lugs on the Metro look shit.

Yes, now just fucking buy it already!

Wire lugs are underrated. Fuck you.

Neither that nor the Nomos have actual wire lugs though. Both ate fake wire lugs that use spring pins.

Nobody wants to deal with actual wire lugs.

I have a g shock and a field style seiko 5. Do I get a diver or a dress watch now? Budget is $3-500.

I don't really like skx007's to be honest.

Sne437

I had a watch with wire lugs and just ended up having them cut off and drilled for spring bars.

Found this in my dad’s stuff, hasn’t been worn in years. Worth resizing to my wrist?

> mall Watch dad

Got this 1975 Oysterdate today. Absolutely in love with it. I've posted pictures of my Air-King-Date, Tudor Oyster, and two-tone Oysterdate here in the past. Can repost old pictures if anyone wants.

Vintage dress watch.

Almost all divers under $3k have little weird irritating attributes that will make you regret buying them.

I just repaired an old soviet shitter in the filthiest possible conditions and its working.

Mind posting the Air-King and the Tudor? I don't really care for two tones but I get how some people like them.

These 2209 movements are very well made. I will have to purchase a poljot in the future.

>seiko basically sells the same watch as a seiko 5 for 1/4 the price

I'd love to get a SARB035 but as a working poorfag feeding a family of 4 by myself i cant afford it now so i sorta agree with the above statement cos this is my daily beater. But like what the guy said it's got to be a better watch product wise then my 5.

Holy fuck boys the ruskies made watch rings.

i guess its ok cos of the strapcode super oyster included

creationwatches.com/products/seiko-divers-60/seiko-automatic-divers-200m-skx013-skx013k1-skx013k-mens-watch-1702.html

convince me that expensive watches are more than fashion accessories for self conscious faggots

Talk me out of a sarb033. It has all of the features I would like. I do like pencil or syringe hands better.

$300-500 budget
Decent bracelet
Lume
Decent movement
Not fuck huge dial size

It strokes my autism just right. Couldn't care less about what others think.
Just do it.

ID this Vostok anyone?