Anyone saddened by the fact that no more Windows releases are going to come out?

Anyone saddened by the fact that no more Windows releases are going to come out?

Other urls found in this thread:

theverge.com/2015/5/7/8568473/windows-10-last-version-of-windows
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Nothing has been better than the dos days that went into win9x then XP so no not really. Vista was ok if you weren't an idiot. But after that just bad to meh.

Why you post worse logo

Says who?

Could have posted worse

Microsoft.

theverge.com/2015/5/7/8568473/windows-10-last-version-of-windows

Can someone confirm whether I got this correct?

Windows used to release major overhauls every couple of years like Windows XP to Vista, 7, 8, etc. and then they would supplement those major releases with patches and fixes until the next version came out.

What they're doing now is "Now that we've released Windows 10, what we're going to do is just give monthly updates, get rid of the overhaul system and just constantly maintain and stabilize a single version of Windows, there is no Windows 10 anymore or a new Windows 11, there is just Windows"

So let's say you bought a PC in the year 2019, it would come with "Windows 10 v.7.21" and if you bought one a few years after that it would be "Windows 10 v.9.32" so the selling factor is no longer "this new PC comes with Windows 7 instead of Vista" since both PC's are running Windows 10 and can be updated to both match the same version, the selling factor is the consumer audience is on the same OS version allowing better stability and maintenance?

Did I get that sort of right?

Pretty much, although I think Microsoft is trying to dumb down the OS versions because most consumers don't really understand it anyway, instead of naming the newest windows update some string of numbers it was simply the Creators Update, because that's easy to understand to most people.

Yes, and the next step is lock in through walled gardens like windows 10 s and the windows store, and then windows as a service, paying monthly for your OS, etc.

Exactly.

>complaining about security.
Sup Forums 2018

>Defending being nickeled and dimed into oblivion.
>Defending the complete consolidation of a historically open and varied market into the hands of one company, who completely controls exposure, content guidelines, and can revoke access at will.
>What is LTS?
>What is backporting?
>You're probably not even getting paid to shill.
>Being this retarded naturally.

Why would anyone continue to run that virus infested shitfest when you can have a superior OS like Ubuntu for absolutely no cost.

Preach it brother. I'll stay on comfy7, then switch to reactos.

I like both

What the fuck? For what reason?

So people will either have to use an outdated windows 10 in a few years time or be forced to change to linux?

Are they coming out with something new?

I like the way that Ubuntu users always threats it like a godsend product.

I'm just saddened they diddn't do this during the Windows 7 days with the Windows 7 mindset. 7 is not the best version of windows but it's by far not the worst.

>Thinking a billion dollar company will willingly fuck off and die.