Update your Firefox to the latest Quantum version RIGHT NOW or prepare to be pwned by hackers

Update your Firefox to the latest Quantum version RIGHT NOW or prepare to be pwned by hackers

Other urls found in this thread:

blog.mozilla.org/security/2018/01/03/mitigations-landing-new-class-timing-attack/
support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1164411#answer-978198
unv.is/blog.mozilla.org/security/2018/01/03/mitigations-landing-new-class-timing-attack
mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/releases/
zdnet.com/article/firefox-tests-cliqz-engine-which-slurps-user-browsing-data/
drewdevault.com/2017/12/16/Firefox-is-on-a-slippery-slope.html
techcrunch.com/2017/12/15/mozillas-mr-robot-promo-backfires-after-it-installs-firefox-extension-without-permission/
twitter.com/steveklabnik/status/941709048529014784
mobile.twitter.com/wycats/status/941729936464859136
youtube.com/watch?v=qMALm1VthGY
iridiumbrowser.de/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

More info

blog.mozilla.org/security/2018/01/03/mitigations-landing-new-class-timing-attack/

Holy fuck what is happening, today will go down in computer history.

Latest version I get to see is 57.0.3. Is there a newer one?

This isn't even proper grammar.

>tfw my life ie too boring for Hackers to makeit possible to care, if I don't update will that mean that I can get hacked in order to waste some hacker's time thus preventing some other normie from getting victimized? I'm ok with this.

Is it fixed in pic related?

>yes goy, update your firefox to quantum

it is

Whoever controls the clock, controls the universe.

Nah, it'll just be the push I need to finally move to Chrome. It still won't have the add-ons I want, but I'd rather be Jewgled than fall inline with SJWzilla.

Just use esr

the last possible version to upgrade is from 28 december
are they retarded or what

>not just using one of the oldfox derivaties

Gorhill says Chrome is heavily targetted by the latest adblock bypasses than Firefox

Do you know how much Google gives to the exact same causes that Mozilla does?

AHAHAHAHHA

FIREFUCKS BTFO

The difference being that Google is a much larger organization. They can have their side projects and still staff their main focuses. SJWzilla is taking resources that should be spent improving Firefox and dumping them down the toilet while the browser turns to shit.

I'll just keep using ESR forever because my most important add-on isn't going to be ported for Quantum.

Let it go user

Anyone know if Waterfox is safe? :3

>Using Chrome instead of Ungoogled-Chromium or another chromium fork
Whats your excuse user?

A hacker is someone whoenjoys playful cleverness—not necessarily with computers. The programmers in the oldMITfree software community of the 60s and 70s referred to themselves as hackers. Around 1980, journalists who discovered the hacker community mistakenly took the term to mean “security breaker.”

Please don't spread this mistake. People who break security are “crackers.

Already /comfy/ on Safari the moments Firefox release ads as research study.

>Already /comfy/ on Safari
except webm doesn't work
>Firefox release ads as research study.
Can always bail to Waterfox

Fuck off, literally every plugin I have is listed as not compatible with Quantum. Maybe they shouldn't break over 70% of their entire plugin library in a single update if they want people to update.

>almost got worried
>realize I have a ryzen
Just one of those feels

stop using bad plugins.

Update your shit extensions. There is no reason to be stuck in the past with legacy extensions which have access to everything in userland. Permissions are the future.

Quamtum is so great I'm not even mad. Runs great.

>firefox
>current year + 0.011

There is no update for them.

the question is, why are you still using a literal botnet?

What if I use Nightly?

Update to Firefox quantum to prevent white males from being systematically racist towards you.

If you are a white male, update to Firefox to stop being racist.

why is there no good, open source browser

>still on 41
Am I fucked? I dont want to update, half the extension I use aren't compatible with quatum.

Pale moon exists, fa.m

>Firefox
ROFLMAO

No sane person uses FF, so not a real problem.

yes, soon your hard drive will be pwned for bitcoin ransom

>Palememe
your browser, their way

So the total amount of happiness go up when you get hacked instead?

Of course it will be the author's way. What are you trying to say, really?

open source doesn't mean democracy, fa.m

At least let the user run addons they want instead of applying a blacklist of addons not to run on their browser based on their own ideological view because of muh ethics

I see you missed a few updates.

im still using 53.whatever or something.

update?

Even if they changed it im not gonna trust some incompetent nigger who put their ideological view over having an actual functional browser

So the up to 30% performance hit, is Intel just disabling speculative execution on their CPU's then to stop the attack?

That's why that nigger give access to the source, fa.m You don't have to trust him.

90% of the Chromium project is Google devs.

You're getting googled whether you like it or not.

If I use palememe am I at risk?

> a bunch of no-name fucks cant maintain their shitty side libraries to adopt global web paradigms and a safer permission model.
> this is the browser's fault obviously

You're a special kind of retard.

>tab mix plus doesn't work on nightly
oh for fuck's sake

support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1164411#answer-978198
mine auto updates :^)

It's not intlel doing it, and there is no other solution.

>upgraded to coffee lake last month

fml

Oh wait, the patches coming out literally just obfuscate branching code so much that the CPU can no longer speculatively execute stuff as it doesn't know where it will go. The only problem is doing this fucks your performance.

HAhahahahahah, I shouldn't be laughing as I have an Intel CPU, but this is just hilarious.

> I want an open source browser!
> bht I dont understand the benefits of open source!

The absolute state of brainlets.

>If I use palememe am I at risk?
For what? A secure non-bloated web browsing experience? Sure!

unv.is/blog.mozilla.org/security/2018/01/03/mitigations-landing-new-class-timing-attack

no
mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/releases/

nothing wrong with it

what

no

are there no replacements?

[citation needed]

all your data belong to them

Dude, take a look at this Stop begging for open source if you definitely have no idea about what open source is for. Also open source software doesn't beg to be installed on your system. You -get- to install it on your system.

>spooking users into (((upgrading))) their browser
>claiming to fix hardware fault in software
right...
that desperation to get more users into quantum is pathetic, to say the least

Yeah, that's really low. I must give it to them, FF users would probably believe a browser can do this anyway.

>upgraded
Well not anymore.

yup. I was just going to use my money, bank savings, and electricity for my bills and heating.
Im sure the hacker is enjoying my life savings and electricity he is using for bitcoin mining alot more than I would have. So the total happiness in the world has gone up, so I cant really be mad.

Found the only altruist on Sup Forums

Nah, I'll stay in FF ESR.

>[citation needed]
really? after all the blatant well publicized bs they pull, "citations" are still required for saying it's a botnet? Sigh...

zdnet.com/article/firefox-tests-cliqz-engine-which-slurps-user-browsing-data/

drewdevault.com/2017/12/16/Firefox-is-on-a-slippery-slope.html

techcrunch.com/2017/12/15/mozillas-mr-robot-promo-backfires-after-it-installs-firefox-extension-without-permission/

twitter.com/steveklabnik/status/941709048529014784

mobile.twitter.com/wycats/status/941729936464859136

youtube.com/watch?v=qMALm1VthGY

>he forgets mr robot disaster last weeks
I completely erase mozilla from my computer after this shit

because it has about:config

>forgets
I never saw it so i never ''remembered'' it
was it my profile or dns list?

It was pulled as add-ons and Mozilla installed it for you as "research study."

so does every other FF-based browser out there, and they already come with much less mozilla bs by default.

see

i have that unchecked :^)

>Ungoogled-Chromium
Last build is from like a fucking year ago and devs even admit they can't properly build it any more. Would love to use it otherwise.

they are also obsolete
maybe the only relevant one is the one from gnu maybe

see >[stay] opt in
>be surprised
c'mon

try: iridiumbrowser.de/

I use AMD.........

That's not the problem, shilltard.
Firefox claimed itself as a browser that respects your fucking privacy. So that disaster shouldn't be exist at all in firefox.

So stealthy install it on your browser is fine for you?
Just fucking kill yourself, shill.

lol fukc off
not updating 56
kys

>vimperator is broken forever
>using ublock + umatrix prohibits me from posting on Sup Forums
I think I'll just switch to fully using the tor browser bundle, doesn't make a difference at this point.

abbbasjdlasnd

This seems to have everything that degoogled chromium used to have. Is it worth using? I'll have to spend hours compiling on freebsd.

Can't these lazy bums port the patch to ESR? It's supposed to be still supported. I use Nightly but ffs this would be as bad as MS not patching this for Windows 7 would be (granted, ESR's marketshare is rather small but who cares)

well for me it's not a prob because i actually made use of it unlike fantasy land tards salivating over a should-a
your last part is unintelligible

no u
>participate in (((research)))
>whine

>unvis
They don’t make money from that blog post you retard

No.

>next week on Sup Forums
>reeeeee
>mozh'la mined their visitor
>data was sold for moar diversity and nigger gibs

are there any custom settings chromecucks should be using?

desu only move to chrome if you have more than 4gb of ram i moved to firefox when i only had 4gb since chrome can barely run more than like 10 tabs with that little memory

this might sound really retarded but i can find a check for updates button can i just install the new executable from the website or will that delete my settings and addons?

>can i just install the new executable from the website
Yes

>I can finally move to this SJW browser so I don't have to use that SJW browser!

I just updated the kernel with the FUCKWIT patches. No need to move to 57.

Now this is completely a shitposting. I shouldn't bother to reply it in the first place.