Programming Accomplishments

Post you're age and programming accomplishments, and what you're doing to get better.
> 24
> iOS Calculator App
> Making a 2D iOS Game
Am I ok Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gLncStITwg0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>28
>hello world
>fizzbuzz
>calculator (adds and subtracts)
How am I doing?

Yes

Yes

>23
>Sold stocks in a social media app that I used to work in, made me a millionaire.
>Absolutely nothing just chillin on 4ch all day

which one?

Loved that episode.

What are you doing to get better?
If nothing:
> Just give up/10

Cool guy

>19
>made a kernel that prints hello world
>continuing to learn C when i have the time

Cool

5/10

3/10

1/10, human waste

6/10

>18
>made a shitty CMD line password gen
that's it

>@echo off
>echo %random%%random%
>pause > nul

Youre just going to criticize other people and not post your accomplishments?

>24

>Wrote an NES emulator from scratch. Got many games fully playable. I only got sound half-working though. Oh well.
>Worked at a mega corp and helped scale an API service from 10 MAU to 60 MAU
>Wrote a "botnet" that abused PaaS/IaaS free trials to mine bitcoin (this was years ago)
>Found a hole in Tidal's API that let me download raw FLAC files of any track I wanted - from a free trial account.

but how much did you mine?

You're doing pretty well for your age, do you have a gf or social life?

>24

>just started learning python
>tfw late adopter

Don't give up user! In 5 years you will can become a pro.

>19
>started learning 4 years ago
>wrote an interpreter for my toy language (60% done)
>wrote various meme 2d games

I want to get better

>60% done
you know you will never reach 100%

Yup, I dropped it. I'll never finish it, until rewrite it from 0%.

>but how much did you mine?
Only made about 10k USD. I was mining litecoin and other alts. This was back in 2012/2013. Could have done more but was distracted by school.

Not in high school or college. I had friends but didn't go out at all really. Since graduating I've been trying to live a healthier lifestyle. I go out every weekend, but I have no gf.

Link? Git?

>20

>shitty environmental propaganda game and fps concept game in Unity/C#
>some websites in memescript frameworks a few months ago (literally forgot what i used for it because of a gorrilon .js get released every month)

Gonna try to make some android app prototypes in Xamarin (my C# knowledge is alright) or Android studio (really wanna try out Kotlin), got some ideas to milk normies for ad revenue so i can get $0.01

>Android studio
haha, you have no idea of what awaits you...

this is an anonymous image board, user

ACM ICPC semifinals, North Eurasia
Nothing

Not everyone publishes his code to this shithole, if at all.

Wrote some programs in college.

Trying to make a game, but haven't learned game engines... so im reading up on unity.

also trying to program, a unique writer that writes a unique story to the users..as it asks questions and receives input.

im not sure if i should just fill up a dictionary for the program to recognize user input and formulate a response generating a story, and then hopefully one day it will write the game as the user progresses. Kind of like no man's sky.

or if there is a algorithm with letters... so the game can make its own words, or which would be better.

>23
>years of industry experience
>learned 7 programming languages
>made my own programming language
>worked on many actual applications
>contributed to github projects I like

Then I went to medical school and am now making a lot more money than programmers.

Sounds cool, but why are you giving your idea to random people on Sup Forums? I also have a bunch of ideas but I don't want Pajeet to steal it.

so you actually didn't accomplish anything (implying you're lying about making your own programming language)

iPhag detected.

Nah

>24
>work consulting for fortune 50 companies
>teach pajeets how to React
>it's mostly wiring up services to frontends
>machine learning for fraud detection at banks
>learned assembly to write hacks for MMORPGs at 13
>couple of apps on iOS & android

Sure, I didn't exactly create the world's next top language but it's out there and working on it made me a better programmer. Also, job experience and work in the field means nothing to you?

>21
>Fortran 77 PostScript library
>improving it

Working for others cannot be considered a "programming accomplishment".

This thread is dedicated to your own creations.

>26
>Wrote some shitty bootleg versions of popular websites like linkedin or twitter, both backend and front end + android app
>Wrote my own poor interpreter for an arbitrary programming language I poorly designed
>Wrote some stuff in MIPS assembly using I think gccs ABI specification so the code can be called
>Made a variety of small games
>Sent some documentation for a shitty library that was lacking documentation

>>learned assembly to write hacks for MMORPGs at 13
Hold on, that's pretty impressive. How'd you do it?

>29
>have a full application written and tied to my name as part of a larger suite of tools
>every ship across 2 classes has to have this SW installed
>shifted from dev to installation and support
>installations now complete
>now support
>i am now SW support

have you tried turning it off and on again?

Cheat Engine. I was active in the forums, but the community around the game I was working with got so toxic that they deleted the board. (Maplestory, if you must know)

I started with basic memory editing, and ended up hacking JMP instructions during combat routines to run injected code.

I see. Well, I wrote a lot of Java and Ruby libraries when I was like 15-18 years old. I have more fun writing "infrastructural" code than actual applications. I'd start a project to scratch my own itch and eventually it'd spawn a small library to support that project and then I'd totally forget about the original thing because the little details were so much more interesting.

The Java libraries weren't bad but were nothing special either, just a collection of utilities I used in my personal projects. As I gained experience I learned that Apache Commons existed and it already did literally everything my libraries did and much more so I stopped working on them.

Some of my Ruby libraries actually saw some use though if Rubygems download counts and amount of contributions are any indication. I had a lot of fun writing those and actually received bug reports and code contributions from people on Github. When school began I stopped maintaining them due to lack of time.

Shit, that sounds like a wild ride. The most I ever did at with ASM 13 was copy-paste the "hello world" code from OSDev.org. Good on you, man.

>at with ASM 13
Fuck, I meant "at 13 with ASM".

An example of a small program I used to work on: save editor for retro games. I found documentation on Romhacking.net detailing the save data layout of Super Metroid and wrote a save editor for it that could modify the game's SRAM data from the emulator. I wanted to turn it into a general save game editing utility and eventually I started a lot of libraries to back that project up, and got into ROM hacking in order to try and figure out the save data layout of other games I liked.

I'm digging up a lot of old notes from those times, holy shit what a blast. I should get back into this

youtube.com/watch?v=gLncStITwg0

Thank you. To anyone seeking advice: join a community. It helps. Really.

PS: If Idogears sees this; hey. thanks for everything.

>20
side-projects wise:
>2 programming languages, first one was intepreted, second one compiles to mips
>setup a toolchain for the second one (buildscripts, etc.)
>currently working on the standard library of the second one (basically a C clone); debating more language features.
>wrote a C preprocessor and a parser for a subset of the C language
>wrote a mini-version of lisp using C++ templates
>basic opencv facial recognition app
>2 android apps

Your my hero.

I want to be you some day.

I am 100% serious. I will consider myself decent at this when I feel capable of writing documentation for these retarded things I keep finding with great results but no support.

>RAWR SWEET lol
ugh

I really got into this "write things for your future self mindset". My productivity is not as good, but it's all so much nicer.
The library people is also to be credited, I sent them a tweet with something like "the fuck is up with this weird issue I solved" and they were like "document it yourself ya prick, you got the tools" (not as rude though)

>join a community

Last time I did this was when I was 13 and discovered anime fansites/forums for the first time. The drama got so intense and personal it started spilling into my real life so I left and never came back and Sup Forums became my home. I've been here so long I don't even know how to do this community and online friends thing anymore

Shared purpose. We wanted to flip this game upside down, right?

...I bet it's harder these days.
>I didn't ask for these feels

>35
>ai in 2004 at college
>drinking alcohol and relaxing, since ai can make full software titles, but I turned in to for a letter grade and walked the FUCK away from that much information power.

I believe it went to darpa's calo which was going on during that time. meh. my parents work(ed) in defense so I really don't give a damn if it went to defense, but I know it's application(s) are wider than defense alone.

>26
>2 solo Android apps with over 500k downloads
>currently write software for small businesses looking to pay next to nothing
>solved first 100 project eulers in assembly by the time I was 16
>wrote big integer library in asm
>mastered Android kernel development
>mastered Android ROM development
>regularly contribute to lineage
>3 published gnome extensions
>7 android libraries

so TLDR, am NEET

>46
>Wrote a memory manager for DOS
>Dabbled a bit with operating system design
>forked C and wrote a compiler for it, which is maintained to this day.

>18
>Screen locking app (VB.net Windows)

Currently trying to learn c++ because vb.net is inferior

> 23
> DNS MiTM with Python
> right now, i have to migrate a project with php 5.3 to 7.1 , they got a big application for tickets, music, events without a fucking pattern.
> Don't forget to use Bash

>22
>Shitty CRUD web app using Java and Angular, Shitty desktop apps using C#, shitty CLI programs in Python, shitty Python,Bash and Powershell scripts
>Making Android apps with Node.js/Python Backends, Getting AWS and MongoDB certs

Can anyone recommmend good programming communities for someone that really wants to advance his knowledge?

that's cool. i'm like a worse version of you
>20
>android calculator
>qt widgets organiser app
>ascii dungeon generator and a shitty algorithm for that
>simple crud on windows forms
>simple website on asp.net mvc
>deployed templated wordpress website on a free server
>implementation of basic data structures and algorithms in c++
>currently reading sicp in hopes that it will teach me how to write an interpreter for scheme

>23
>software engineer at Micro$oft for 2 years now
>making 130k salary

felt bad to go to the dark side (still hate using Windows everyday) but the money feels too good

>41
>made some demos on Atari ST
>never programmed since

are you white, het, cis, male?
if you answered no to any of the above (or can work on it before the interview), you're a shoe-in for one of the many diversity-in-tech initiatives!

> 24
> have written hundreds of scrapers for work
> a few microservices
> have a small toy website/blog
> a few dumb projects that mostly satisfy my immature desires such as booru downloaders and a script that picks the 5 most vulgar tweets out of Twitter's streaming API

Overall I'd say not bad but am looking to dig more into lower level/systems stuff.