/wt/ Watch Thread

This thread is about the appreciation of Whorology, as well as the micro-engineering and materials engineering that are required to make a fine watch, clock, or other timepiece.

>Required viewing for noobies:
youtu.be/G1XBb7kJJWg

>Strap Guide:
pastebin.com/SwRysprE

>Watch essentials 102:
pastebin.com/VBAu4Rwi

Old thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

glashuette-original.com/collection/pano/panomaticlunar/1-90-02-42-32-05
jaeger-lecoultre.com/eu/en/watches/master/master-control-date/1548420.html
chopard.com/uk/l-u-c-xps-1860-edition-168583-3001
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Seikobaby here saving for his second watch

What is the best automatic dress watch for under $400?

t. wristlet

>pic is exactly like the one I have right now

Seiko SARB033
I have tiny ass wrists and it fits nicely. Just had to get a small leather strap for it.

What russian watch brand is this?

Molinija pocket watch with custom lugs. A franken watch.

How much maximum should I shell out on a Poljot deluxe?

are you sure? it looks very.. modern. I was hoping I can buy it someplace

tfw fell for the 5610 meme

It's over /wt/. I have the high ground now.

Love both of these. Grats to the user who got his explorer. Super cool watch. Picked this up yesterday.

It's a marriage watch.

It's pretty cool. I can't imagine why Rolex caved and increased the size of the current model to 39mm.

This watch is perfect at 36.

100% agree with you user, this large watch meme needs to fucking die. I have Mr Skeletal wrists, so I'm limited to buying older pieces instead. Not that I'm complaining though.

Pic related. My two-tone.

Rate my new watch /wt/

Thicc as fuck/10. I like it. Gotta be a big boi to pull it off right though. Would never work on my skellywrists.

It's a good meme though, it's the perfect beater watch.

You underestimate my power.

I like the red stripe on the windy knob.

Welcome to the light brother.

What model is this?

SNKL41K1

I love it and don't regret buying it for the price, but I wonder about it's real word utility over the cheaper version at half the cost.

The main advantages to this are the solar power and the atomic time keeping. Considering how long the batteries in the non-solar ones last, solar is almost a disadvantage because of how you have to maintain the charge level. It's a clear advantage if you use the light or alarms often enough that you would wear out the non-solar battery though.

The atomic timekeeping is also whatever. The cheaper models aren't inaccurate enough to make the function that great, and if anything it makes me more autistic since I feel the need to place it next to a window every night since if I don't see the RCVD indicator I'll feel like something is wrong, despite the watch not being more than a second inaccurate.

I hope that thing reads your blood sugar too fatty

Hello newfriend

don't fuck with the michelin man if you know what's good for you

Well I suppose you're not a wristlet at least, fatty.

it not me. I am a femboi with small wrists

Best Android TimeGrapher app?

I need some strap suggestions/online shops for a silver-faced watch. What strap combos look good?

Watchcheck

Actual timegrapher apps on phones are pretty garbage - phones typically aren't realtime enough to handle being a timegrapher. At best, you should just capture audio with the phone and then run it through tg on your PC later.

Do you guys ever just buy a cheapo 15 buck watch?

Cheapest reliable timegrapher then?

One of those chink weishi 1000 timegraphers. Get the 1900 if you want a bigger, color display & 0.1s/d accuracy.

DIY from scratch and TG as software.

$15 won't buy you anything worth that $15. $25 might. Pic related, though I only wore it like twice since I got it in August.

Yes, I got this for less than £15.

Good morning wt

I've tried both of these. Tg from svqrych is cheaper but I usually using my weishi. Thanks is nice though if you actually want to look at the escapement waveform, etc. I'm hoping to upgrade to a microset at some point.

I only own 15 buck watches.
Yes, I enjoy my life.

Looks fresh and clean

Morning.

>16:27 Moscow
>Morning
Retard

The SNE437 is atomic?

I’m glad I’m not fat

>No numbers on the dial, hard to tell time accurately
>Strap is metal, will pinch your arm hair and feel like shit in hot weather
>Gigantically oversized spinny thing on the outside of the watch that you'll never use

Shit watch.

lool

yes
cheap Casios are love
cheap Casios are life

cosplay

Yes

they always have interesting color choices

This baby has been treating me good

Yes, since cheap casios can be useful and practical.

Fake F91Ws are the best

hory shit

Yes please

powerful watch

that's my man right here

Which one of these three would you chose ?

glashuette-original.com/collection/pano/panomaticlunar/1-90-02-42-32-05

jaeger-lecoultre.com/eu/en/watches/master/master-control-date/1548420.html

chopard.com/uk/l-u-c-xps-1860-edition-168583-3001

JLC ultra thin. Super underrated watch.

Almost got that instead of the 114270.

why exactly is it better than the others. they all on the same field

>SNE437 is atomic?
No, regular old solar.

My daily wear for the past 3 years.
Nice.

answer me pham

Finishing of a $10k watch at the price of a Rolex.

It's classy as hell but not overly stuffy.

The Chopard should be a hard no for that date placement. Personally I like the GO better in this case, but it and the JLC are both fine watches and either would be a reasonable choice.

How's this?

this cost me about $19, it was fun to wear... I've since sold it off for a few dollars more.

nice

hey thread

I just want you to know I FUCKING HATE METAL BRACELETS

they never size right no matter how many time you adjust them to your wrist. it will always be lose or too tight at some point in the day

metal bracelets are fucking useless

Just spent an hour on adjusting the metal bracelet on my new watch,
They have their pros and cons though and my skin seems to have a somewhat allergic reaction to resin

so I either have to go with leather or metal
once you've set the metal bracelet it's easier to put it on though, but adjusting is a pain

Go try a Tudor Pelagos on.

I want a mechanical watch for the old-world craftsmanship.

This means no outsourced movements, no big watch company conglommerates, no parts made in third-world sweat shops.

Are Rolex and Grand Seiko really the only choices in the sub-10k bracket?

That's a very nice gift you gave to your gorilla. Fuck me I thought I was hairy.

That sounds like a personal problem

Damasko's in-house models, Nomos models with the DUW movements, Tudor's with their in-house movement and entry level steel Jaeger LeCoultre's also meet those criteria.

that spaced out R E G I N A L D bothers me for some reason.
good buy

>Damasko
I actually do love a lot about these, especially the way the bezel ratchets on ceramic ball bearings.
But I absolutely hate the way they look.

>Nomos
All look like ass.

>Tudor
I have a sneaking suspicion they're using Chinese parts at that price.

>JLC
Part of a conglomerate.

Yes those 2 are the only one

Yes, I like seeing how long cheapo automatics from aliexpress last.

does it gets easily scratch while normal usage

>What are the cheap in-house options
>No, Tudor is too cheap they can't be in-house
What? So did you mean sub-10k but also above some arbitrary limit too?

Damasko's A35 movement is pretty technically interesting. Tudor using Chinese parts seems unlikely as it doesn't seem like an approach Rolex would take, and I don't know why Rolex would bother with all the manufacturing capacity they already have in Switzerland. JLC may be owned by a conglomerate now but it still operates totally independently, it hasn't been incorporated into a conglomerate they way that the LVMH group and Swatch have done with many of their brands. As for your comments on looks, those are personal preference and have nothing to do with your original question.

does risin glass gets easily scratch just by normal day to day usage thinking of buying one cheap jap vintage casio watch

I only wear bracelets, I can stand mesh at the most.

What colour Nato band should I get for this?

I'm a cynic, user.

>Tudor using Chinese parts seems unlikely as it doesn't seem like an approach Rolex would take
Well Tudor isn't Rolex.

Depends, it's not as scratch resistant as glass since it's plastic, but I've worn Casios every day and they didn't worn faster than more expensive ones

Yes but Tudor is owned by Rolex, and again, with all the manufacturing capacity Rolex already has in Switzerland I don't see why they would risk the negative PR of Chinese outsourcing. Rolex generally does a better job of protecting its reputation than most of its Swiss compatriots.

Why doesn't meranom sell special edition dials? The only dials available are just the usual shitty ones, I'd love to make my own custom SE.

Gee, I wonder why? Can it be because they're a limited run outsourced to China and every one of them gets put in a watch, as opposed the huge surplus of in-house dials and parts Vostok can't stop shitting out?

Yes but you can buff them out.

>Rolex generally does a better job of protecting its reputation than most of its Swiss compatriots

Bullhead

Although on second thought I will give you the part about
>than most of its Swiss compatriots

Why does it look off center?

Just is. Could try to get it fixed when I eventually get it serviced.

any answer