Are we gonna patch?

Should bitcoin owners update and patch this shit?

I am on Vista 32-bit :^) core 2 duo ;^]

my other PC is a dedicated gayman pc and has only games

From my understanding you can only be hacked if you run a virus (even if its in a virtual machine tho)

If you don't want to mine btc for someone else, then update.

But you already use 4 chan :^)

so you have to be a retard and install a virus .exe?

if thats the case i dont need this garbage patch crippling my already disabled core 2 duo

>you can only be hacked if you run a virus
From my understanding you shouldn't be giving advice about computer systems at all.

The patch isn't garbage. The CPU is garbage. It was fast only because it cut corners. Like you can move faster if you never lock your doors or car. The patch just forces a separation in data the CPU should be doing but isn't.

That made me uncomfortable as well.
>running a virus
Jeeeez...

Will someone go to prison for that?
That seems like they willingly threw security principles over board in favor of throughput.

Is the win7 patch even out yet?

nope, no one's going to jail, this isn't how the world works
there will be a lawsuit however
another as yet unpaid lawsuit for Intel
they already owe the EU 1 billion that hasn't been paid since fucking 2009

Yes. Don't worry. It wont affect you.

Like it or noy, you aren't entitled to security. In a free country, you have to use your brain a little when you buy things. Imagine living in a world where you can be imprisoned because someone isn't satisfied with their purchase.

That doesn't sound reassuring at all, user.
Also KB number please.

I've long only used a permanently airgapped machine because of IME. This doesn't affect me

You can only get fucked by running malicious software on your PC or via malicious javascript but both firefox and chrome already rolled out updates at the very least making it much harder to do it if not closing the breach. Combine this with noscript and follow the general rules of common sense in the internet and i don't see how you would get fucked by this unless you're brainded.

i am running chrome for vista that dont recieve any more updates.....so the question is; what the fuck can an attacker do? spy on my keystrokes while chrome is open runnin java?

>vista

EOL, no patch either way.

Enable Strict Site Isolation

but it comes at the expense of additional memory requirements. Depending on how the browser is used, memory usage may go up by 20% or even more

It's either that or someone stealing all your info.
Alternatively you can go for firefox as all versions starting with 57 have a fix as well that disables precision of time sources.

but to steal my shit I need to have it open right? and what will they steal? my keystrokes? or my txt files on desktop?

they can read the memory of your computer
as in the memory that you just typed your password into
think of keylogging but on a massive scale

but for that to happen Chrome / Firefox needs to be open?

KB number or it didn't happen.

Or opened recently. Or the file being accessed by another process lately (AV/win/other indexers)

recently as in last session? i switch pc off every night. so each day is a new session

5-65

I get the feeling you try to trivialize the severity of this bug. You are not save in any scenario. Patch your system.

>save
safe

my bad, sry

Makes me wonder if intel did this on purpose

That's not how a KB looks like.

tfw 2018 is the year the y2k bug gets its revenge

it was an accident that it gave them higher ipc and meanwhile it also gave them unrestrictive access to your pc

you know kinda what ME does

KB4056892

Imagine living in a world where the selller can just blatantly lie about his product, sell you broken hardware and you can do nothing about it
Burgers are truly cuckolds