Post-patch AMD/AMD benchmarks

Blue means the performance got worse, red means it got better. I retested everything that looked suspect with no significant differences observed.

Anyone mind benching the API overhead specifically? I think that one could be a useful comparison.

Original benchmarks were taken last night, no changes aside from the update made inbetween.

Other urls found in this thread:

security.archlinux.org/AVG-553
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>that cloud gate drop
Literally why

I retested it and got in the same ballpark, no clue. If anyone else can compare that it'd be nice to see.

>Microshit in charge of not sucking Intel's dong

At least Linus told Intel to fuck off trying to pin every x86 CPU as vulnerable, what of MS?

I don't know if AMD are hit, which is why I put this sheet together. The API one is what's making me suspicious. Margin of error for DX12/Vulkan and actual drops for DX11 seems backwards though.

No, it makes perfect sense since DX11 is higher level and generally needs more context switches than DX12/Vulkan

Ah. Someone in another thread said it'd be worse on DX12, and I've got no knowledge in this area. Thanks.

where do i get patch will pacman give it to me

Looking at OP's results it looks like nothing is affected, less than 1.5% difference is a rounding error.

OpenSUSE Leap sent both Spectre and Meltdown patches today via package manager.

Those tests don't say anything, if you can still downgrade your windows and own a fast SSD run an IOPS bench, if there's no difference we know MS is not forcing the patch on and machines. Intel machines are seeing huge drops in nvme performance

6% and 8% on the API test. That's suspect.

I don't own an NVME SSD, and from what I've seen SATA is not affected noticeably. Hoping someone with Intel/AMD shows up to test what I did.

>blue means the performance got worse, red means it got better
what the fuck?

Too lazy to change the formatting, I was rushing out as I finished it. Sorry.

respostan
he didn't told them, he btfo'em

Based Linus.

>*competent*

I love Linus.

Bumping. Anyone else benchmarked their shit?

Why not?

security.archlinux.org/AVG-553

No, it makes sense.
Blue = Intel
Red = AMD

One is worse, one is better.

>Blue means the performance got worse
>red means it got better
sick burn, bro

1500X on W10 here
CPU Mark:
Before patch 9031points
After patch 9515points

lmao

>Fixed Unknown
b-but I thought Arch was bleeding edge... why haven't they fixed it already?!?!?! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

>CPU's
He types like a 14 year old Californian girl

A lot benchmark using low I/O number, tried play some online game.