GFX burnt out chip

Can this shit be fixed?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Zv8wt9TIXog&t=48s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

yeah, if your name is Louis and you have donor boards

Pretty sure thats one of the resistors used to control voltage.

Maybe ask it on a hardware specific forum?

If you got the parts name, a place to find it and a rework station (it's like a soldering iron but with hot air). Yes it's easily fixable.

The catch is, did it also fuck other things? Because your repair may not work at all and because of that you would need at least a multimeter and some schematics.

Is a new GPU cheaper than all the shit I said? Probably.

It's sad that a leftist retard with a hot air station is suddenly the defacto expert on modern board repair.

>leftist

Then count me in as well.

I fixed 3 decades old audio system by replacing every capacitor on the sound board. Worked like a charm. Using donor boards and equipment worth thousands is much easier.

Google the partnumber, buy compatible IC, and resolder it.
Hot-air gun might be required.

The knowledge and experience gained from fixing these sorts of things is priceless, so you also have to add that into your calculation

>leftist

>leftist

He doesn't support IP laws, he made at least 2 videos about "privilege", doesn't support the constitution, he lives in NY, and he buys apple. You don't get much farther left.

ur fucked bro

>Basing the channel off of thumbnails and titles

Wow, you are actually retarded

It's nice to finally meet someone who has no appreciable brain functions

Woah sorry there kiddos. I didn't mean to talk bad about one of you favorite ecelebs.

>get proven wrong
>shift topic to e-celebs

>leftist

>leftist

>leftist

You got proven wrong, stop being a bunch of butthurt mad autistic morons and act your age.
If I see one more reddit shitposting of this caliber I am trashing the thread and going to a non-reddit infested forum. You're acting like those retards called Sup Forumsronies.

>You got proven wrong
It's you who's proven wrong, retard. None of the shit that you said fucking applies to him.

clicked on the wrong posts?

>leftist

Wow, leftists can't meme..

Hurrr duurrr you have been proven wring because I say so.. I won't provide counter arguments I will just say you are wrong.

>leftist

Which is exactly what you're doing, m8. Everything you accused him of is the complete opposite of what you said.
>He doesn't support IP laws
I guess the right-to-repair thing is debateable
>2 videos about privilege
I don't know what you're talking about but I've seen videos where he's pretty much against the idea
>doesn't support the constitution
I guess you just extrapolated this bullshit from your accusation of him being a leftist
>he lives in NY
he doesn't, He works there but he lives elsewhere. In fact, he once livestreamed himself going home, coming upon a sign advertising housing and laughing at the ludicrous pries
>he buys apple
This indicates that you're a retard of the highest calibre and that you haven't even watched him at all. The only apple shit he has are his donor boards and shit that he's going to fix. He uses a a think, an android and has a PC at home. The workstation he uses during repair streams clearly shows him using windows.

>he uses a think
I meant to say thinkpad

>I guess the right-to-repair thing is debateable
In no way should a private company ever be force to divulge private material about their products. That called a leftist shithole aka your dream.
>I don't know what you're talking about but I've seen videos where he's pretty much against the idea
Nigga, I ain't searching that cesspool. I only watch the shit that gets linked rarely.
>I guess you just extrapolated this bullshit from your accusation of him being a leftist
He lives in NY retard.

board is populated with 7 VRMs out of a possible 11
what did nvidia mean by this?

>He lives in NY retard.
So does Trump

wow such a leftist

>Nigga, I ain't searching that cesspool
So you admit that you have no argument since you can't even be bothered to provide evidence to the contrary?
>In no way should a private company ever be force to divulge private material about their products.
And that's the only thing that makes him even remotely leftist, and that shit's fucking debatable. Your just as much of a leftist by admitting that you prefer having no right to the device that you bought and own. Otherwise, he's pro free speech and a businessman. Everything else you've said is bullshit.

Hey look it's a leftist retar parroting mainstream news!

Do tell me snowflake. How is a man that supports the Israeli state, globalism, and shot down the shush act right wing in anyway?

>Your just as much of a leftist
K. Fuck me for not watching this guy's entire video upload history and hand holding you.

You're not even visiting one of his channels and you're arguing as if you have intimate knowledge of him. You're a fucking retard. Even looking from the thumbnails he has a video titled "Learned Victimhood Is a Cancer on Humanity". Shit doesn't sound leftist to me. The only reason why you're accusing him of being a leftist is because he lives in NY and that's flimsy as fuck. Swallow your pride and admit that you're wrong.

get a picture of the printing on all of the chips that look like that.
It might just be an off the shelf component and if so then yes its replacable if youre not an incompetent manchild.

Yes the video I saw of him talking about privilege never happened because again I wont search through his entire upload history. You really got me there.

Oh and NewYorkers are well known right wing supporters. Totally no left bias in that city.

>videos about privilege
I saw one video about privilege from him. I actually watched the whole thing. He doesnt talk about male privilege or white privilege . He talks about if you get something you shouldn't have do something with it, actually use it. His example was getting a loan from a millionair because he was drunk and told him how it was, to him that is a privilege.
Nothing wrong or leftist about that.

>use search function to search for "minimum wage in his channel"
>he has a video about minimum wage
>top comment on that video is literally saying how he's wrong and how everyone should have minimum wage
Didn't even have to watch a 50 minute video to prove you wrong, faggot. Swallow your pride like how you swallow cum.

well you live in rural Utah and I don't call you retarded because of that

I call you retarded because of what you wrote

Show me a video from him that would disprove he's not left leaning. How about that?

>The knowledge and experience gained from fixing these sorts of things is priceless
t. Louis Rossman

No, it really isn't. Surface-mount solder re-work skill is transferable, but every circuit board is different, and you're completely dependent on availability of schematics.

>retard

Well, you could have done what I have done and use the channel search function to find his video on minimum wage within the time that I write this post but you expect to be handheld while complaining about having to handhold other people. So, here you go. You can look at the top comment so you don't have to watch a 50 minute video.
youtube.com/watch?v=Zv8wt9TIXog&t=48s

You linked me a video of him playing dota...

>resistor

You're just nitpicking at this point, you fucktard.

If you want a much more blunt video to get it through your dense head, you can look up his three-part series on diversity. Remember, Youtube has a search function.

Yes but it defeats the purpose. You want repairs to be cheaper than replacing the entire thing.

Well yeah, that's my point.

I have yet to see somebody so full of themselves as he is, he thinks he is like some kind of world-class neurosurgeon, while in reality, he repairs shitty computers owned by children and idiots, while shitting on both his customers and people in his industry.

He is no better then his shitty customers, he just happens to be behind the counter in this case.