Fell for the open source meme for years

>fell for the open source meme for years
It's been two years since I've tried to make games using only foss software.

>don't use professional tools, just replace them with inferior software
>wanna use X cool shit or plugin? (shit luck faggot)
>wanna use autotune or melodyne editor or zbrush or synthorial like pros use because such software is fucking usefull in saving time and shit? (No, fuck you faggot, they don't have linux version you can pirate)
>wanna use zbrush on linux? (No, shit faggot, it crashes like garbage)
>wanna use FL studio on wine? (No retard, the demo songs doesn't work and you can't even load the default VST it has)
>wanna use synthorial (No, it doesn't even run because of some shitty library error)
>wanna use Unity on linux (No retard, the binary crash and the only output is some library for windows (.so) that there's not even google results on how to build for linux)
>wanna use that wifi card you have (No retard, the linux binaries don't exist)
>hey, you could use GIMP and Mypaint and Krita, but they're still inferior to corel painter, photoshop and manga studio
>hey, wanna use blender? (It's the only software that holds a candle to propietary shit), No retard because zbrush doesn't run on linux, nor 3D coat not Autodesk animator
>hey, wanna make PBR like pros? (No retard, substance painter doesn't even run on linux, less alone designer)
>hey, wanna use specialized 3D software like marvelous designer? (No retard, there's not free binary for linux)
>hey wanna use xnormal? (No, fuck you)

But there's more:
>wanna use Godot? (Good luck getting anything done if you have an error because there's 0 documentation and there's not enough users to help you with google search on forums, also good luck getting enough tutorials, video documentation and other shit users need, good luck getting the godot discord solve your problem)

Also:
>wanna do 2D animations on flash? (No shit retard, there's not good 2D animation package on linux)

Just killing myself.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gHA4M2cqWb0
youtu.be/uPoLKQG0gmw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>use pirated software
>complain it doesnt work

>free software
>being worth anything enough so people care about pirating it
why do you think is free?

Godot is easy as shit and the documentation is decent enough, what are you talking about cris?

can't even get simple collisions to work and the discord can't even find the problem.

The Physics node doesn't even have the script attached to it, of course it doesn't work.
Just follow some tutorials instead of doing random shit blindly.

Just use windows fagget and if you want to run a server use linux

I'm not that retarded.

>using only foss software
That's how you can tell someone is retarded

Is contact monitor on?
Is contacts reported larger than 1?
Why are you even using a rigidbody for a breakout ball and why are you checking colliders every frame instead of using collision events?

>is contact monitor on
yes

>is contacts reported larger than 1
No.

>why are u
because I'm trying to learn the engine, but the piece of shit doesn't even have a solution for my problem and I've tried every tutorial on collisions.

Because he's actually that retarded

UMA DELICIA

>foss for work
kek its barely enough for programmers

youtube.com/watch?v=gHA4M2cqWb0
Just follow this tutorial, nice and easy and teaches you good collision mechanics using Area2D instead of pointless rigid bodies and shit.

because other types of games needs rigidbodies.

I'm not following a tutorial to make simple games, I'm trying to understand the engine to make real games later.

Right now I've been strugling with this since yesterday.

I may as well go back to unity.

You understand the engine by doing tutorials and learning the right way to do things instead of hitting your head against a wall like a mong.

I've followed the tutorials about collision 2D.

Unless you wanna help me out with this, I'll just install windows 10 x64 and forget about FOSS garbage.

And I'm tired of dealing with a lot of small details like not being able to play windows shit on linux.

Shoulda become a macfag and used OS X :^)

Then you didn't pay attention to the tutorials, you are biting more than you can chew and trying to do shit you don't understand without getting used to the more basic basics.
Do the tutorial I linked and the other tutorials by the same guy, if you can't manage to do that due to your ADHD then gamedev is not for you.

>what is WINE

those are the ones I finished watching, and he doesn't have a part where he talks about calling a signal after a rigidbody hits a static collider.

and I'm pretty frustrated because everyone is sending me to those tutorials after I finished watching them instead of trying to help me.

only niggers who have never used wine try to recomend it.
FL studio doesn't work on wine, nor zbrush.
synthorial crashed on wine.
Unity engine also crashes on wine.

retard.

GODOT IS MORE THEN ENOUGH FOR 2D NEVER TRIED 3D

THEY HAVE BEST TURTORIALS FORM START TO FINISH

ALSO VISUAL SCRIPT BUT THEIR PYTHON LIKE SCRIPT IS OK

HERE
youtu.be/uPoLKQG0gmw

YEAH i KNOW its kids can code...but I love it

uhhh, is Unity that broken on linux?

>library for windows (.so)

People on g only watch anime and rice desktops, thats what you get for falling for memes

The moment I realised OP was beyond help.

maybe you should learn to code

That's Spanish you idiot.

>2d animation
OpenToonz