I have absolutely no idea what AV I should use. Also, should I use a free or a paid one ?

I have absolutely no idea what AV I should use. Also, should I use a free or a paid one ?

And which one should I use ?

Thanks a lot Sup Forums

Common Sense 2019 Enterprise Edition

Literally none; disable Windows Defender.

Use Common Sense

Why use one? Use them all.

GNU/Linux and common sense. haven't had a virus in years.

Kek
Wow thx gr8 tip ill do it rite nao
sure
i literally made three simultaneous scans yesterday with different AVs and my system crashed twice before I realized AVs working simultaneously caused system crashes

I'm not 100% tech illiterate but I'm not a full tech autist like most of you, thats why im asking for your advice.

Common Sense Antivirus, from the makers of the Pull Out Contraceptive, Just Don't Get Sick health insurance, and the line of I'm a Good Driver automobile safety products.

>Wow thx gr8 tip ill do it rite nao
I'm being serious. I don't even trust it to not scan excluded drives.

Antivirus is borderline malware itself.

Use common sense 2018 ultimate edition for download files and Avast for deep, regular scans.

Don't be a cheeky fucking bastard and listen to us.
DO NOT USE AN ANTI-VIRUS.
I haven't used one in years, literally never had any problems.

Use MBAM and do scans with Windows Defender, that's all you need... unless you're fucking retarded.

i heard bitdefender free edition is king in 2017 but avira is gr8 too, and dont use avast,mcafee,eset etc.

use ublock, disable autorun and use common sense, you dont need any antivirus

Run McAffee, Avast and Norton one after the other, and whichever gets the most hits is the best one

>Do not use antivirus
>I use Windows Defender and MBAM

KEK

ESET NOD32

Is there anything that's more lightweight than Windows Defender but still good?

Lightweight, maybe not, but more optimized for newer machines is possible. Anyway, careful with the "free" ones.

I just want something that doesn't slow down muh games cause that's all I use Windows for

Don't run scans while playing games then?

ClamAV :^)

I mean for real-time protection

While gaming there is no actual need of antivirus protection... "mostly". Just use the game mode if your antivirus have one.

/thread
stop making these threads

KIS for 8€ + 200mb vpn every 24h

Russian botnet.

Don't fall for the common sense meme. Common sense is shilled by malware writers who want you to be vulnerable.

But what if I get a virus from using mods or something

Can confirm

ESET, Kaspersky (if you do not fear the Russian botnet), Bit Defender, Common Sense 2018

the only antivirus you should be using is a good distro and develop good habits.
also don't use any google or microshill service whatsoever or any service that is on google's or microsoft's bankroll. this includes any of mozilla's services
>good luck

Windows Defender.
It being bad is an ancient meme that is not relevant anymore.

Kek.exe

Free AV are a meme. Run Windows Defender, Common Sense 2018 and scan with Malwarbytes every now and then. Stay off fishy sites.

You just don't know about it!

This is terrible advice

They are trolling.

Norton is a bitch but it works

you are getting advice, don't use an antivirus like a 40 year old soccer mom

Well, using checksummer comparing known scypts may be effetive against shitty ransomware.

No, be truthfull.
You didn't know about one.

Use Norton if you are intelligent. Use Avast if you are poor

>trying this hard