2018 XPS13 removes all USB-A

>2018 XPS13 removes all USB-A
Is it time to accept the dongle life?

It is time to throw a fucking consumerism into the fucking trash.

>buying a laptop before USB 3.1 Gen 2 comes out

LIterally twice as fast, c'mon guys. 2019 XPS 13 will be where it's at

>the USB C ports do different things
If there going to remove USB A atleast make the fucking ports all work the same. USB C is half-way useless if where are just going to go back where different ports do different things.
There is no reason why there should be labels next to USB C ports. You plug in something it should work no matter if it's a charger, Displayport cable, USB or Tunderbolt

>charger, Displayport cable, USB or Tunderbolt
Explain for a brainlet

USB-C can do all of those things but any given instance of it may not(besides USB of course). So you could charge with one but not the other, or connect a display with all but one. It all depends on how the manufacturer implements it.

USB C is suppose to be an end-all to the mess of different ports, USB A, displayport, tunderbolt, etc.
Apple was the first to introduce an all USB C laptop and the way it worked was no matter what device you plugged into any port on the laptop it would work. You could charge from any of the 4 ports and you can connect a display to any of the 4 ports etc.
Basically you connect something to any USB C port it should work period

Should I just buy a Macbook?

fuck apple for setting this trend and fuck dell fucking pajeets

Assuming you're talking about the MBP. Even Apple isn't immune from it with 2 of the 4 thunderbolt ports being able to be full speed, but by using one at full speed you kill the other one while it's in use.

All of them can charge though which is nice, not sure about display out. That might only be two.

If you're talking about the regular Macbook that gets a resounding no because of only 1 port.

I have a MacBook and I don't even own a dongle. Just because I can't remember the last time I had to plug something into my computer that's not the power adapter.

>Waiting for USB 3.1 Gen 2 and not USB 3.2 Gen 1 & 2

Enjoy your slow data rates

Speed isn't the issue with USB-C though. If you need it right now there's thunderbolt. The issue is that everyone is going USB-C only when nothing uses it yet instead of going half and half for compatibility.

This is good news. USB C is the future and USB A is legacy technology.

>2019
>lol guys wireless USB-D is just around the corner, Just Wait™

Except it wasnt like that, some of the ports did not work for video

>Buying a flash drive that only has USB-C
Enjoy never plugging it into anything but your own computer reliably.
t. Sandisk ultra dual patrician

I was actually specifically looking for a flash drive without USB A and this one from Samsung was the only one I could find.
Also pic related: USB A to C adapters.

Sup Forums shits on Apple for initially favoring their own ports over USB-C.
Now that USB-C is entering their own world, they lose their shit.

fuck dell fuck usb-c fuck drumph and fuck white people

>smaller battery
>no USB-A
>some added shitty color
>battery wasting 4K
just get last year's model when it gets clearanced.

Then buy the 2017 version, don't be a fucking retard.

>wanting USB-A in 2018
>not wanting 4K in 2018
Who hurt you?

fuck off macfag

I have actually never owned a single Apple product in my life. Apple is actually pretty bad when it comes to embracing our lord and savior USB Type C. Their phones still use Lightning.

>Mac

Fuck compatibility. Regime change is Best done swift and thorough. If IT departments can’t keep up within their allotted budgets, they should lose their jobs.

No, it's time to accept the thinkpad life.

>2018
>still considering anything that isn't a Thinkpad

But I want the lighter, white one with a 4k screen. I just don't want to make up the weight difference with dongles.

Even the best thinkpads have mediocre screens, with the base models being absolutely unacceptable.

X1 Yoga has 1440 IPS and OLED options, which are more than enough for laptops.
>b-but it's not a real thinkpad!

>dumbass cant use a mac
>hurr, look I put it upside down and wrote on it
>this is conclusive proof that mac sux

it's actually not. kill yourself.

No, just get the Latitude version

Thinkpad is like the mac for permavirgins and autists

God they even copied the product shot style of Apple. Why does everyone suck Apple's cock so much? Also, yes, OP. You're foolish for thinking if Apple starts something major that it isn't about to be copied everywhere.

Every port can do everything. The reduced PCI Express bandwidth is a limitation of Skylake in the 13" 2016 MBP.
Dell probably cheaped out and didn't go full TB3.

That's how it did does work, they just do the labels for peace of mind

Pricey. I paid ~1400 for mine

of course. always use the corporate discount

we can't understand you with all those dicks in your mouth

Talk me out of it.

>6th core CPU M CPU
Trash, like low-tier Macbook trash.
>360 GB SSD
Meh I guess this is more then normal.
>16 GB of ram
Good.
>Screen
>Not 4:3
That's the only thing I could ding it for desu.
I'd personally just buy a proper XPS 13 and then upgrade the SSD if needed, but this is by no means the worst you could do at this price point. So no, I won't talk you out of it.

>Load white webpage
>Battery depletes to -7% and explodes

Dell discontinues old models very quickly, user.
>4k screen on a 13-incher
FOR WHAT PURPOSE!?

Sharper image quality? The same reason laptops have been including QHD/QHD+ screens?

>Dell

at least the keyboard doesn't look like it was ripped out of a laptop straight from 2007 on these

How is it different from literally any other keyboard on a modern laptop?

>2018
>Buying a laptop with an Intel CPU

I think I'll just wait for the Ryzen version

USB-C is awful for anything but charging tiny devices. The ports are so fucking brittle and not suitable for desktop or laptop use.

That's really good

You probably won't see a Ryzen XPS because
>no thunderbolt